Attendance Law Cup

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Just been looking at the attendance figures for Round 3 of Championship and only Fev and Fax attracted bigger crowds than the Law Cup ... which is after all just a pre season friendly . Imo the travelling Roughyeds fans made up the bulk of the crowd and most certainly made most noise so could this be a sign that our attendance figures are not going to nosedive as some have suggested . Could be interesting ...particularly if the team can get off to a good start.

#2 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Ruffyed, you are not related to allroughyed are you. Going on about the crowd and how you had so many more fans that what Hornets did. Bloody boring

#3 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

Not as boring as those who continually winge and say no ones going to attend matches. I hope both clubs get great crowds are are pushing for the Championship come the end of the season.

#4 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

No Dave , I am not related to Allroughyed , nor am I a mine is bigger than yours sort of person , nor do I have some sort of persecution complex which seems to influence some peoples thinking. If you actually read my post it was not a dig at Rochdale or its supporters ...it was merely using the turnout of Roughyeds supporters on Sunday as a indicator to what sort of attendances we may get this year . If you must come on our forum and respond to posts , at least have the courtesy to actually reply to the content rather than your rather jaundiced interpretation of the content . If the intention was to wind up you or any other Rochdale fan for that matter would it not have made more sense to post it on the Rochdale forum .

#5 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

I suspect that there were a few Oldham Rugby League fans in the same position as myself, although i`ve been gutted about a whole number of issues surrounding the manner in which the club is controlled I like what I saw and heard regarding the ethos of the new coach and his right hand man and although I havent been going to Whitebank last season I thought I would make the effort, as not everything Oldhams owner does is incomprehensible and hard to fathom.
Its early days yet and the new team is clearly a work in progress but I liked the attitude and sheer hard work of this team, which I believe will count for a lot with many ORLFC fans.
There is such big potential out there for a thriving ORLFC , Team Spirit just doesn`t carry things forward on the pitch only, a great deal needs to be completed this year off the pitch if there is a genuine desire to achieve promotion.

#6 herbie

herbie
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

Spot on. I went on Sunday after being in a very similar position to yourself. After 40 years I had finally had enough about three quarters through last season. I was impressed by the attitude of the players and really hope that the club is led down the right path to fulfil its potential. This potential was illustrated by a great turn out by Oldham fans on Sunday.people like me will not take a lot of persuading to return , a bit more information and a hooped shirt would be a good start!
Finally I realised on Sunday that attending magic weekends and super league grand finals to get my fix of live rugby league don't come amywhere close to the feeling of watching MY team.

#7 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

I think Oldham always get a good turn out at Spotland. But there are still people who do go to this game, but for various reasons refuse to attend Whitebank. So far this season I have been impressed with the enthusiasm of the side in both games, and think if it carries on, it will be enough to retain my interest. Lets hope most of the Roughyeds fans at Spotland and more besides think the same.

#8 thinboyfat

thinboyfat
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Well said all of you, as I've stated previously I've not been for over 2 years mainly through ill health. Didn't know what to expect on Sunday.All I can say is I enjoyed the game and it was great to meet up with old friends.

My comment after the game was that in my opinion Oldham thoroughly out enthused Rochdale and I felt the enthusiasm from the players filtered through to the fans. I just hope they can keep this up every game, playing with that sort of work ethic and desire............... I for one will be one happy old man and continue cheering them on.

#9 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Pleased to read some positive responses to this thread ... these were the type of response I anticipated as opposed to Mr Butt's rather clumsy attempt to turn this into another Oldham / Rochdale slanging match . Particularly like herbie's comments about MY team as imo nothing can replicate the emotions generated by the team you have supported all your life. You can try to switch allegiances but it will never be the same as supporting your hometown club . I understand that there will have been supporters there on Sunday who will still refuse to go to Whitebank because of CH or the lack of facilities but I hope that they can set aside their reservations and buy into what the club is trying to achieve at least on the pitch as the extra support will help the players fulfil their undoubted potential and the extra income for the club makes ground improvements a more realistic proposition which is after all what I presume we all want . If these can be achieved maybe even CH will become less of an issue . Lets get behind the team so that we can at last see some long overdue success for the club and its fans ..

#10 D1029

D1029
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Sadly the shadow of the non-development of Whitebank will hang over the season if nothing happens as a promotion maybe denied after the leniency of the RFL in allowing our use of the ground.Now that would be a disaster.

#11 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

Differences need to be put to one side. It was a good attendance on Sunday BECAUSE it was Rochdale v Oldham.There were some fans returning which is clearly a good sign.This is the best chance for promotion for many a year for both teams so if the old guard returning attend 50% of the games that's a good start.You could see how much the crowd lifted our lads and I was pleased that the pretty much kept their shape.

Local rivalry is all good and well. Rochdale will continue to improve but so will we. Looking forward to a really good competitive season.

Very good news about the U20's. Many other clubs should hang their heads in shame
One for all and all for the one

#12 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

ruffyed and rugbyman1 ......you both comment on the "Attendance" , but nowhere at all on this thread doeither of you say what the attendance actually was ?????????? although ruffyed says it WAS bigger than a few other Championship games ???????????

You will both go down well working in Mr Hamiltons Accounts Firm working with figures like that. . :D :D :D :D ie. larger than , bigger than ....smaller than . . . . etc etc ............ specifics are always a good idea, and not difficult for most people unless they are chairman of A RLFC ( for a fine example of being specific see Electricsheep posting under Law Cup Result ...........829 ........ )

Edited by Roughyedz, 20 February 2013 - 11:44 PM.

Posted Image

#13 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

If you are so big on specifics Roughyedz can you specify where you get Electricsheep from . Perhaps specifics are not your strong point after all.

#14 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

If you are so big on specifics Roughyedz can you specify where you get Electricsheep from . Perhaps specifics are not your strong point after all.

Now now boys................settle down.
The correcting of the spelling and/or grammar of individual posts would be a full time job.
We can forgive the odd typo can't we ?

#15 winedrinkerme

winedrinkerme
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Iam in the same position as Herbie stopped going last year after all the poor games near the end of the season. Oldham look good at rochdale and looked a lot better than under Benson, even going to north wales for our 1st game can't wait see you all there.

#16 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

At least I tried and made an effort to add the info ........................... more than you two did ..............ha ha ha ...I DID type something in ..............829 wasnt TOO difficult was it now .......as eclecticsheep found ............ just 3 figures after all ....... im sure that you will let me know however if I have made any typos in this message as well .......

eclecticsheep
Posted Image

#17 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Adj. 1. eclectic - selecting what seems best of various styles or ideas
discriminating - showing or indicating careful judgment and discernment especially in matters of taste; "the discriminating eye of the connoisseur"

Sheep (Ovis aries) are quadrupedal, ruminantmammals typically kept as livestock. Like all ruminants, sheep are members of the order Artiodactyla, the even-toed ungulates. Although the name "sheep" applies to many species in the genus Ovis, in everyday usage it almost always refers to Ovis aries. Numbering a little over one billion, domestic sheep are also the most numerous species of sheep. :D

#18 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Classic Monty Python:
Brian: you are not sheep!
Crowd: we are not sheep.
Lone voice: I am!
Was that you Eclectic?

#19 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep