Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Super League Show (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

BBC 1 Schedule "suggested" Superleague show...reality was vacuous Graham Norton show, followed by another equally unpalatable helping of guff by Donald Trump and co....But no word that I heard about this change of schedule...just what is going on ?

#2 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,979 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

It was on in the Yorks region because I watched it. Should be on national repeat this afternoon BBC 2?
It wasn't hosted by Tanya Arnold as she was on picket line duty or something.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

Ohhh, is that why there was no Look North last night?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,381 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

BBC 1 Schedule "suggested" Superleague show...reality was vacuous Graham Norton show, followed by another equally unpalatable helping of guff by Donald Trump and co....But no word that I heard about this change of schedule...just what is going on ?

Where in the UK were you watching? The national showing is this afternoon, if you're not in the Yorks/Lancs broadcast regions.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,110 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

Not for the first time it seems there was a problem in the northwest.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Message on Twitter:
Apologies to those in the NW who missed out on last nights SLS. It's repeated today on BBC2 at 1330 and then on the iPlayer. A 'technical' issue seems to have been the problem!!! And yes, we're as annoyed and disappointed as you.
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#7 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

SL show was due to be on at 23:35

Turned over a few mins before that time to see the SL Show as having started (by the Sky Channel 101 titles) but with Graham Norton presenting his show.
A quick flick around to the 970 range of channels to find it on in the 'normal' northern areas, then by this time it was 23:35 and the SLS had already started and it was 10-0 to Warrington.
So guess it started at 23:30
This has happened before as well with the BBC.

#8 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

At least you missed having to see Millward's jumper.

LUNEW.jpg

#9 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,621 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

It's available on BBC iPlayer.
http://www.bbc.co.uk...2013_Episode_3/

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#10 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,038 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Not for the first time it seems there was a problem in the northwest.

Imagine what it's like living there!

#11 bar red

bar red
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Maybe iv`e missed this on another thread but who was the stand in presenter for Tanya Arnold? on SLS3. Thought he was very good.

#12 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,621 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Maybe iv`e missed this on another thread but who was the stand in presenter for Tanya Arnold? on SLS3. Thought he was very good.

George Riley.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#13 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

George Riley.

Did he resist the urge to make any quips about the clubs being bankrupt or heavily in debt?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,065 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

George Riley.

I thought it was David Dickinson.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users