• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,548 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

PRESS RELEASE

Castleford Tigers CEO, Steve Ferres has made the decision to leave the club with immediate effect.

Ferres said, “In the short time I have been at the club, a successful membership scheme, fast approaching 4,000, has been launched which has seen season ticket sales increase on the previous year by 25%. It has brought in much needed revenue to the club and in doing so, provided a model which can and should be the catalyst to help sustain a viable business.
“As CEO I believe I have a moral obligation to everyone associated to the Tigers from its staff to the players and right through to its loyal fans. Since the board is not in a position to support the multitude of changes that I believe must take place now in order for Castleford to continue to compete at Super League level, I feel I have no option other than to offer my resignation.
“I am an extremely proud man and a proud Castleford man at that so please rest assured that this decision was not made lightly.
“I would like to thank the fans for their fantastic support and indeed the staff for their hard work in implementing the new membership scheme. The club requires significant investment in order to continue and I truly hope the board can secure the necessary financial support in the coming months.
“I have informed the board that I am willing to offer my support in an advisory capacity should it be required.”

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Steve Ferres resigns from Cas. What's gone wrong now I wonder? Not looking good when the BOD aren't able to give their backing to their new CEO.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#3 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,176 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Steve Ferres resigns from Cas. What's gone wrong now I wonder? Not looking good when the BOD aren't able to give their backing to their new CEO.

I blame:
Dual registration*
Lack of P&R*

* delete as applicable.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#4 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,661 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Steve Ferres resigns from Cas. What's gone wrong now I wonder?

I would imagine the same as before he arrived.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#5 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

I blame:
Dual registration*
Lack of P&R*

* delete as applicable.

Combination of both I'd say and not enough money to sustain a reserve side

#6 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 939 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

I blame:
Dual registration*
Lack of P&R*

* delete as applicable.

And licensing.

#7 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Wonder if he'll end up at Fev. :ph34r: :lol:

Seriously, that's not good news for Cas. Sounds like his plans for progress were being hindered by a lack of cash/support from the board, so he's decided enough is enough and walked.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#8 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

I'd like to hear the full story before just taking Steve"track record" Ferres word for it.

on the face of it, it's not looking great at all for us now but time will tell.

Save our Salford
Pledge to the Bulls

now Cas up ###### creek - please help

look forward to the RL family coming together once more (or a rich Doctor who likes horse racing)
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#9 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

I'd like to hear the full story before just taking Steve"track record" Ferres word for it.

I see where you're coming from in that, however given the lack of info that has come out of Cas over the last few years, I suspect that it is wishful thinking that you'll hear the BODs side of the story.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#10 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Save our Salford
Pledge to the Bulls

look forward to the RL family coming together once more (or a rich Doctor who likes horse racing)

Well I for one, genuinely hope they get it sorted Kenny. My wish is to see Rovers get the nod for SL and the Cas/Fev derbies back on the agenda. There's nothing I'd like more.

#11 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,999 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Combination of both I'd say and not enough money to sustain a reserve side

Dual Reg and P & R are certainly not in any way problems for a Superleague club, but I'll take that as being toungue in cheek.

He said "I provided a model which can and should be the catalyst to help sustain a viable business. Since the board is not in a position to support the multitude of changes that I believe must take place now in order for Castleford to continue to compete at Super League level, I feel I have no option other than to offer my resignation".

So they don't see eye to eye making his position untenable.

Whatever the detail is to me it looks like the board should do what Wilko and Clague did and offer the club to someone who can do the job.

#12 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Dual Reg and P & R are certainly not in any way problems for a Superleague club, but I'll take that as being toungue in cheek.

Yes, It was a daft response to an even dafter posting Parky.

#13 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Wasn't Ferres an RFL employee before going to Cas?.. i always thought it was the RFL encouraging Cas to take him on to help get their house in order so to speak..

but maybe i'm wrong.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#14 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

The Paddle Appeal?
People called Romans they go the house

#15 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

I'd heard that there was some trouble darn t'lane, but this is a bit of a shock.

Let's hope it's only a disagreement and not something more serious, a la Salford and Bradford Northern.

Edited by Ponterover, 19 February 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#16 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,212 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

He said "I provided a model which can and should be the catalyst to help sustain a viable business. Since the board is not in a position to support the multitude of changes that I believe must take place now in order for Castleford to continue to compete at Super League level, I feel I have no option other than to offer my resignation".

So they don't see eye to eye making his position untenable.

Not necessarily; the wording doesn't make it clear if they are actually opposed to his plans, or they simply don't have the resources to put them into effect. I expect things will be made clearer in the next few days.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#17 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,389 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

:D :D :D

Ryan McGoldrick.

https://twitter.com/...840421962989569

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#18 Adeybull

Adeybull
  • Coach
  • 495 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Save our Salford
Pledge to the Bulls

Even though you have consistently behaved as an absolute wassock whenever Bulls crops up, I have no hesitation in stating that - should a realistic proposition eventuate that is seeking contributions from outside the Cas fanbase - I would almost certainly contribute. Write that down someplace. If a club like Cas is struggling for a future, the game really is fekked.

#19 brooza

brooza
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

:D :D :D

Ryan McGoldrick.

https://twitter.com/...840421962989569

What does it say? Twitter is blocked at work
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#20 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,176 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

What does it say? Twitter is blocked at work

Basically he thinks Cas and wakey should merge.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users