Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Castleford Tigers CEO Steve Ferres resigns

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,889 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

So CEO goes and then the merger brigade comes out.

If it would be such a good idea for team to merge then why not take it all the way. Merge everyone into two teams

Think merging is a stupid idea yet?

No the stupid idea is overdoing the point to create the nonsense you create.

For Cas/Fev/Wakey the "Merger brigade" is only a couple of people and there's no need to get wound up about them.

Wakefield won't merge because even in Belle Vue they are getting towards the crowds they need to generate the income for a stable club. All they need is to take that on apace to Newmarket and from there start to entice the best young talent in the area to join them rather than go to Leeds and Hull.

Featherstone won't merge because even though they are unlikely to get 10,000 crowds they have money men principally Mr. nahaboo they hope will do what Ken Davey and his ilk do - make up the shortfall in finance so the club have the investment to build.

Featherstone will put pressure on fans in the area to come watch them, and young players in the area to come and join them and by the area I mean Wakey.Cas/Normaton/Fev/and beyond.

They'll all wish each other well in public but in private the collapse of any one of them will leave the others going into vulture mode not merger mode.

The only merger scenario I see is Cas failing in SL and Fev not getting in 2015 leaving Wakefield to look to attract future support and players into the one club.

This is very much like the scenario where Hunslet and Bramley had merger talks as the spectre of the Leeds giant loomed over them. The talks were a result of desperation and certainly not as a result of a good business idea and so they collapsed.

Mergers are dead, but dominating your neighbour so much that the best kids from their area come to you, and the new fans from their area come and watch you, is the order of the day and has been for a decade......

#82 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Getting back on topic, kind of at least, for a moment; I've just been reading the attached article. Taking aside for a moment what it actually says (not a lot to be honest), it did make me wonder, how old is Jack Fulton and do Cas have a plan for when he is no longer here to fund the club?

http://www.pontefrac...th-us-1-5432413

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#83 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,889 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

I've just been reading the attached article. It did make me wonder, how old is Jack Fulton and do Cas have a plan for when he is no longer here.......

Close to being in bad taste that :D

I think you can rest assured they have a plan and it will be very much like the one Wakefield had when Mr. Richardson "passed away" so to speak.

#84 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,486 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Getting back on topic, kind of at least, for a moment; I've just been reading the attached article. Taking aside for a moment what it actually says (not a lot to be honest), it did make me wonder, how old is Jack Fulton and do Cas have a plan for when he is no longer here to fund the club?

http://www.pontefrac...th-us-1-5432413

Jack will be 81 on 8th May.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#85 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Fozzard has walked now...

#86 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Stand up wind of the fan, there's a load of brown stuff about to hit it

#87 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Stand up wind of the fan, there's a load of brown stuff about to hit it

Such as?

Please do tell
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#88 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,889 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Fozzard has walked now...

The job advert in the RL & LE said about wanting a CEO to help the club be self sustaining in Superleague.

I think they could do it but they need investment to develop the ground and keep the players.

If Mr. Fulton is prepared to invest - which he may not given Ferres walking...

Then shouldn't the honorable thing to do be to offer the club for sale to a new owner?

Or are Cas already available to the right investor??

Edited by The Parksider, 26 February 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#89 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

If Mr. Fulton is prepared to invest - which he may not given Ferres walking...

He is - his statements have said so.

No issue
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#90 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,889 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

No issue

Thanks for that. Hopefully he will invest enough.

#91 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,486 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

No issue

For how long ?
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users