Gloucestershire All Golds

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Does any one know where Gloucestershire All Golds will be playing their home matches,Rochdale Hornets play them on the May bank holiday and we want to make a weekend off our trip.I'm sure I have heard they are playing in Cheltenham but where.Any information would be helpful.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#2 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Prince of Wales Stadium, Cheltenham.
Posted Image

#3 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Thanks Gav
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#4 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Posted Image

#5 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,379 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Posted Image

It's like a colourful New River.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#6 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

Looks like the same attendance
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#7 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Aye. Once them puddles on the pitch dry up, the job's a good 'un.

Im not a fan of watching RL from behind a running track, but needs must and all the best to Gloucestershire. They have one of those names that you would have said would NEVER EVER be a RFL club back when I was growing up. Good luck to 'em.

#8 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

But with a pitch that extends onto the running track!
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#9 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

I'm sure they've been working on the Prince of Wales to tweak it a bit for Championship 1 - I'm sure I was told that they were sticking some terracing at one end. I could be wrong about that, mind.

I went along to watch the trial game they had the other day against Oxford Uni. There were one or two players I'd expect to be in the Championship 1 squad, but mostly players they've been training with over the last few months. I suspect one or two may be added to their squad. It was a scrappy game but a dominant performance - something like 58-0. One of the Sonics lads, who has been training with them, scored a hat-trick. Think there were five or our lads playing for the All Golds. One did his hamstring or knee after about two minutes on the pitch… ouch. There was also another young lad (around 20 years old) from Gloucestershire Warriors. He seems to have the attributes to make it - will be interesting to see if he signs for them.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#10 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

I'm sure they've been working on the Prince of Wales to tweak it a bit for Championship 1 - I'm sure I was told that they were sticking some terracing at one end. I could be wrong about that, mind.

I went along to watch the trial game they had the other day against Oxford Uni. There were one or two players I'd expect to be in the Championship 1 squad, but mostly players they've been training with over the last few months. I suspect one or two may be added to their squad. It was a scrappy game but a dominant performance - something like 58-0. One of the Sonics lads, who has been training with them, scored a hat-trick. Think there were five or our lads playing for the All Golds. One did his hamstring or knee after about two minutes on the pitch… ouch. There was also another young lad (around 20 years old) from Gloucestershire Warriors. He seems to have the attributes to make it - will be interesting to see if he signs for them.

Any chance Michael Coady could head back down there? Not heard about him in a a while.....

#11 PhilCarrington

PhilCarrington
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

According to league express this week, they've already got a fixture crisis with NRC and Student Cup games throughout March. Surely that was a problem they should have foreseen before the fixtures came out. This in a season where the C1 clubs start a month later than ever before.

#12 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

They have pulled out of the student cup comp.

#13 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

Hopefully there will be some info on tickets etc sometime soon.

However, as a few posters on here seemed to think their business model did not involve paying spectators, maybe not.

#14 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

Have they pulled out of student comp due to NRC? Doesn't say much about strength of their side!!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#15 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

Have they pulled out of student comp due to NRC? Doesn't say much about strength of their side!!

How many other NL clubs also play in a student comp?

#16 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Any chance Michael Coady could head back down there? Not heard about him in a a while.....

Good question. Is he still on Leeds' books? If so, they could farm him out. I guess it might also depend on whether he can get a job etc - think he's a teacher by trade. Would be good to have him back down in this neck of the woods.

Also, with regards to the "student comp", they won the SRL Super Six last week. I was under the impression that their season was complete/they finished it earlier.
www.bristolsonics.com

#17 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Season tickets on sale via their website: See here
www.bristolsonics.com

#18 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

They won the student comp. The first team other than Leeds Met to do so since 2006. Thats pretty strong.
Posted Image

#19 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Great to see. Starting to take shape

#20 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

It is the cup comp they have pulled out off. Apparently the RFL told them it would be too much to play two games a week through March which is probably correct. How many CC1 would manage that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users