Rovers Support

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#21 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Thank you,lets hope it is the 10,000 figure.it's good to see a forward thinking club.

All I can tell you is that I spoke to our Chairman a few months ago who said that work on crush barriers at Post Office Rd end would see the capacity raised to SL requirements. Whether that requirement is still 10k or now relaxed, I'm not too sure.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#22 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Very encouraging attendance figures.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#23 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

What do Fev fans think about "promotion by panel"?

Its by no means certain that Fev or anyone else will get the nod.

Fax and Leigh have also qualified and could also top 2500 averages in year 3. That would make those panellists squirm....

#24 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

What do Fev fans think about "promotion by panel"?

Its by no means certain that Fev or anyone else will get the nod.

Fax and Leigh have also qualified and could also top 2500 averages in year 3. That would make those panellists squirm....

Given that applications have to be submitted early in 2014 (if the current system remains), isn't 2013 year 3 in terms of meeting the qualification criteria?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#25 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Given that applications have to be submitted early in 2014 (if the current system remains), isn't 2013 year 3 in terms of meeting the qualification criteria?

And after getting 1400 for their opening fixture, Halifax might struggle

#26 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

And after getting 1400 for their opening fixture, Halifax might struggle

Fax won't get anywhere near the 2500 figure if its still a requirement. There has be zero marketing for the new season and the games aren't pushed at all apart from on Twitter. If licensing is to remain, this was Faxs big chance to push for it and in my opinion they haven't even bothered. Very strange seeing as though the directors still talk about pushing for SL.

#27 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Fax won't get anywhere near the 2500 figure if its still a requirement. There has be zero marketing for the new season and the games aren't pushed at all apart from on Twitter. If licensing is to remain, this was Faxs big chance to push for it and in my opinion they haven't even bothered. Very strange seeing as though the directors still talk about pushing for SL.

But they have to say that, don't they? The reality may be that they know they can't afford it, but don't want to alienate their fans.

(I think this argument is copyrighted by Parksider) :D

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#28 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

But they have to say that, don't they? The reality may be that they know they can't afford it, but don't want to alienate their fans.

(I think this argument is copyrighted by Parksider) :D

I agree but providing no marketing what so ever to increase the attendances is strange. Especially as the owner has a direct marketing company.

#29 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

I agree but providing no marketing what so ever to increase the attendances is strange. Especially as the owner has a direct marketing company.

I didn't know that. Indeed, that is strange. Lack of marketing knowhow (and practice) is probably my main criticism of the game today.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#30 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Might depend how many Batley bring to the Shay. ;) :lol:

Seriously, as someone who lives near Halifax, I've never seen anything other than the usual match reports in the Courier. No special offers, adverts, nothing.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#31 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

No disrespect to Fev and the fantastic marketing being done at present but surely they are third in the current franchise farce, behind Fax and Leigh due to ground and facilities.
Lets hope for two tens in 2015 so we get break away from all these dead clubs who have twinned.

#32 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Halifax were rejected last time despite Bradford being given a B grade. Perhaps they have lost heart. Fev havent had a knock back yet but if they are knocked back their crowds will fade

#33 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

No disrespect to Fev and the fantastic marketing being done at present but surely they are third in the current franchise farce, behind Fax and Leigh due to ground and facilities.
Lets hope for two tens in 2015 so we get break away from all these dead clubs who have twinned.

Not sure about this given their planned ground improvements.

I'm only a fan of the 2x10 concept if it would involve 2up/down.

Otherwise if pnly one up/down I'd rather have 14 teams in SL and spread the money anyway over two divs. it is quite clear that SL clubs have too much cash if they can farm out dual reg players. Much better if these players were fulltime single regs

#34 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

o yes basing Leigh's application solely on renting a nice stadium, arnt Leigh and Halifax's crowds dwindling maybe they just don't want superleague

#35 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,512 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

If licensing is to remain, this was Faxs big chance to push for it and in my opinion they haven't even bothered. Very strange seeing as though the directors still talk about pushing for SL.

The last thing they would do is say they are not going for SL.

The SL wannabees are the clubs with the biggest CC crowds.

Saying you have no desire for SL would be a big turn off at the turnstyle. I suspect some clubs have even gone so far as to put applications in that fall way short and pretend to cry foul when they don't get in.

That's happened twice.

Edited by The Parksider, 19 February 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#36 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,512 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

1. No disrespect to Fev and the fantastic marketing being done at present but surely they are third in the current franchise farce, behind Fax and Leigh due to ground and facilities.

2. Lets hope for two tens in 2015 so we get break away from all these dead clubs who have twinned.

1. Shiney grounds don't cut it any more, otherwise Donny may as well apply. You need money to operate in SL. Fev claim to have a rich benefactor on board. Fax Fans point at Mr. Abbot. Leigh have no money man. I think that's the running order.

2. GREAT line that.

Edited by The Parksider, 20 February 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#37 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

The last thing they would do is say they are not going for SL.

The SL wannabees are the clubs with the biggest CC crowds.

Saying you have no desire for SL would be a big turn off at the turnstyle. I suspect some clubs have even gone so far as to put applications in that fall way short and pretend to cry foul when they don't get in.

That's happened twice.

you could well be right. However, there are a number of Fans at Halifax who are happy competing for trophies in the Championship rather than playing in SL. I don't get that mentality myself but I don't think Faxs crowds would reduce by much if they did say the couldn't afford SL.

#38 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,512 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

you could well be right. However, there are a number of Fans at Halifax who are happy competing for trophies in the Championship rather than playing in SL. I don't get that mentality myself but I don't think Faxs crowds would reduce by much if they did say the couldn't afford SL.

Clubs always have to talk themselves up and what better way than to tell their fans they are going for SL but not actually do a lot about it. the fans mainly fall for it. Enough fans on here where we analyse matters fall for the idea Leigh, Sheffield and even oxford can "build towards Superleague.

I am interested in seeing how crowds go at the clubs who have really announced their abandonment of ambition by going DR, certainly at the club who is serious about SL crowds are going significantly up.

1400 at Fax? Even if only 200 still held out hope for SL, to disappoint and lose them is a large part of your crowd, and does pay bills. In addition fans come and go anyway and the additional danger is youngsters and families look away to SL.

The demographic of the CC clubs is also a big worry, they're becoming old mans clubs.

#39 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

IMO clubs shouldnt really be in the second tier of our professional structure if they have no ambition for playing in the top flight.

Back in 1998 all clubs in the second tier had ambition but the RFL brought in FTF - but not for SL clubs! That ruined everything

#40 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

o yes basing Leigh's application solely on renting a nice stadium, arnt Leigh and Halifax's crowds dwindling maybe they just don't want superleague

Daz - you have a point, but I'm pretty sure Fax's crowds were bigger than Fevs before the last knockback. I would argue that there is not really much between Leigh, Fax and Fev crowdwise - Fev may be shading it at the mo because they are on a roll, but if Leigh have a very good year then I can see us approaching pethaps 3k. We got over 5k V Leeds (not known for vast away travel) last year despite having no chance. I think this was more than Fev got against their arch rivals Cas and then Wigan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users