Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rovers Support

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#121 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

OK so your going for Featherstones crowds to zoom from 2000 in 2012......

...........to a quadrupled 8,000 in 2015 in SL :lol:

So why didn't Widnes's crowds go to 15,000 from 3750 when they got in Superleague???

Why didn't HKR's crowds shoot up to 13,000 when they went up??

How about Leigh - why didn't they get 8,700 instead of 4,700 when they went up???

Boy has your logic and reasoning been found wanting or what??

No - you didnt read my post properly. I clearly said a "top" Fev team (you could apply that also to Widnes). A top Widnes or Fev team could get 8k.

Dont forget to take your Rhinos top off before you go to bed

#122 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,676 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

True enough. But how?

#123 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,893 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

Dont forget to take your Rhinos top off before you go to bed

I'll take that as a win as you have descended into childishness.

It's pointless taking my Rhinos top off because I have a Rhinos pillow and duvet cover, and a signed picture of Kevin Sinfield stuck to the ceiling above.

#124 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,893 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

True enough. But how?

How long have you been on this Forum John.

It's done by closing your eyes and dreaming.

#125 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,907 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

I'll take that as a win as you have descended into childishness.

It's pointless taking my Rhinos top off because I have a Rhinos pillow and duvet cover, and a signed picture of Kevin Sinfield stuck to the ceiling above.

And you still persist with the user name of Parksider Very confusing if not disingenuous..

#126 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,266 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

And you still persist with the user name of Parksider Very confusing if not disingenuous..

Isn't that just the equivalent to saying "well your just as bad so there " how childish is that.

It is possible to have more than one club close to ones heart, are you suggesting that parksider has to justify his choice of username?
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#127 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,893 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

It is possible to have more than one club close to ones heart, are you suggesting that parksider has to justify his choice of username?

Leeds aren't close to my heart they are close to my house :lol:

But if the kids want to call names best let 'em Ange.

#128 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Isn't that just the equivalent to saying "well your just as bad so there " how childish is that.

I agree that it is possible to have more than one club close to ones heart (I have three with Leigh, London Broncos and the Skolars). However I just cannot envisage how a true fan of a club can switch allegiance to their arch rival. For example, hell will freeze over before I ever shout for the Humbles

#129 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,266 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

I agree that it is possible to have more than one club close to ones heart (I have three with Leigh, London Broncos and the Skolars). However I just cannot envisage how a true fan of a club can switch allegiance to their arch rival. For example, hell will freeze over before I ever shout for the Humbles

I suggest you ask Trojan who switched from wakefield to Featherstone.

I think you'll find Parksder i hasn't switched his allegiances at all.

Who is to day what a true fan is anyway. Last time I looked you ddn't hav to take an exam. get this: it' bout enjoying yrself.
Keeping it local

#130 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,893 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

I just cannot envisage how a true fan of a club can switch allegiance to their arch rival.

Who decides who the arch rival is then? Is this a popular vote all fans are then bound by?

Many on here have more than one club they like to watch, but according to your world if there's a general feeling amongst fans of two clubs they are "rivals" then those people who like both clubs, may have lived between both clubs, and watched both clubs all their life are supposed to "follow the crowd".

It's just plain childish isn't it. It's silly tribalism.

Tro cheered Wakey on then went to cheer Fev on. So what?. Just because he doesn't fit in with your narrow populist thoughts on how things should be you "can't get your head around it"

That's actually YOUR problem.

I'm the only true fan on here BTW because I love ALL the clubs and go all over to see them and have done for 42 years ever since I started riding the buses to the west yorkshire grounds.

I've been to more live RL than you've had hot dinners, but there we go.....

Yours

RL's greatest fan......

#131 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,893 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Disingenuous..

Am I?

You'd best apologise please.

#132 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

but to be honest - very few people here actually agree with many of your points. You are the outcast - not others.

#133 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,266 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

but to be honest - very few people here actually agree with many of your points. You are the outcast - not others.

I think that's offside Dave

It isn't 'outcasts' it's about a range of views. Lobby has his, you have yours, I have mine. Being in a 'minority' doesn't make you wrong. I disagree with a lot of what Lobby says, but that doesn't mean I don't respect his views or anybody else's.
Keeping it local

#134 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

It isn't 'outcasts' it's about a range of views. Lobby has his, you have yours, I have mine. Being in a 'minority' doesn't make you wrong. I disagree with a lot of what Lobby says, but that doesn't mean I don't respect his views or anybody else's.

Aye, well said L'Ange. Would'nt be much fun on here if we all had the same views.

I wonder if Dave could see himself switching to watching Widnes? We didnt actually hear his opinion

#135 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,893 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

I wonder if Dave could see himself switching to watching Widnes? We didnt actually hear his opinion

Where are you going with this switching thing? What are you trying to do?

Are you trying to take some sort of moral high ground, are you trying to portray yourself as some sort of holier than thou supporter?

After all you referred to the "true fan"? Is this you?? Are the rest of us lesser beings in the world of rugby league supporters.

Is Trojan a "false" fan? Am I a false fan??

I'm certainly a "disingenuous fan" according to keighley :D

The "loyalty" thing is fine if that is what you get off on. I do. I'm loyal to my kid, wife, family and friends. When your loyal to a professional rugby league club that's fine, your choice, but it's about the equivalent of being loyal to a Lampost.

I always thought true loyalty was a two way thing. My dogs loyal to me but she has no choice. The thing about being loyal to inanimate things like a Rugby league club is whilst your being blindly loyal to them, they'll show you no loyalty. They'll squeeze what money they can from you, they won't give you a say in the club, and they'll happily play on your loyalty by allowing you to volunteer to do all sorts for not even a genuine "thank you"

How about the lads on the pitch who your loyal to the most? Why are these guys who are often from other towns and countries there?did you know it was for the money?? How about the Leythers that showed no loyalty and were off to the bigger clubs? Where's the two way street in your world of being "true and loyal".

I've just had a bit of a think back to many RL fans I've had the pleasure of watching the game with. Early 80's I stood in a crowd of 10,000 HKR fans who were singing "we'll support you evermore". Didn't last long, some years later only 1,000 were left when the club was struggling. Today they sing stuff like "I'm Cas until I die" but you can be sure most of them won't if they lose their superleague license.

So it's entirely up to you, you can have whatever view you want about who is "true" and who is "disingenuous". I congratulate you on your loyalty, even though it is of the blind variety.

Edited by The Parksider, 01 March 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#136 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,266 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

why do you wonder?

If he wants to he will, if he doesn't he wont.

There's no moral issue nobody has to justify which footy team they watch.
Keeping it local

#137 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Aye, well said L'Ange. Would'nt be much fun on here if we all had the same views.

Aye - fair call, maybe the outcast thing was wrong, but then I do have an issue with Lobby's views when he does judge people for all sorts of silly things.

Personally I wouldn't change my allegiance - I'm a Wire and Man City fan and expect that will always be the case - I won't however judge others if they decided that they preferred watching another club.

#138 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,907 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

No.

#139 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,907 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Who decides who the arch rival is then? Is this a popular vote all fans are then bound by?

Many on here have more than one club they like to watch, but according to your world if there's a general feeling amongst fans of two clubs they are "rivals" then those people who like both clubs, may have lived between both clubs, and watched both clubs all their life are supposed to "follow the crowd".

It's just plain childish isn't it. It's silly tribalism.

Tro cheered Wakey on then went to cheer Fev on. So what?. Just because he doesn't fit in with your narrow populist thoughts on how things should be you "can't get your head around it"

That's actually YOUR problem.

I'm the only true fan on here BTW because I love ALL the clubs and go all over to see them and have done for 42 years ever since I started riding the buses to the west yorkshire grounds.

I've been to more live RL than you've had hot dinners, but there we go.....

Yours

RL's greatest fan......

Tribalism is at the very foundation of team sports. That one might support more than one tribe is also true, e.g your amateur team, your club team, your international team or even the whole game of RL as opposed to RU.

Sport is a civilised replacement for war and battle and tribalism is at the very crux of it. You can call is " Silly" if you like but it is what it is.

#140 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,907 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Am I?

You'd best apologise please.

Apologise for what. You claim to be a Hunslet fan by the user of the Parksider label but then you wax lyrical about all the Rhinos memorabilia festooning your bedroom. This is not only confusing but makes the use of the Parksider nom de plume disingenuous. To demonstrate your new found love at Headingley, on which you have commented many times, then you should probably change your user name so that all other posters are well aware of your allegiance and are not confused into thinking that if cut in half, you would be amber, white and flame rather than blue and yellow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users