Steve McCormack Resigns

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

If we are opportuning blame could you Philh, Julian Caine and Greengrass not have something to do with your dagger in the back attitude.A person can only take so much muck stirring before it gets to him. As for having a go at John Kidd he is the man who as kept this club going over the last few years out of his own pocket, without him this club would have gone out of exsistance years ago.

#42 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Glenngary did you read my post properly before you put your stupid post on, I am Steve Mcs biggest fan and as always said he is the best coach in super league, thats why he as left because he is better than our club and the stupid arrangment we have got with Warrington.

Are you really that niave Glenngary you think John Kidd as run this club all this time and lined it from all his own pockets and not made one single penny back, what about his directors and sponsors who have chipped in along the way. So because john Kidd on his own as kept it a float without no support he can do what ever he wants to our club.

At the end of the day because of the stupid arrangment he as setup the club will die, and it would not surprise me if he is getting financially rewarded for the arrangment that as been put in place.

#43 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Brian Nobel.

Sounds good, could go with a bang, after all his brother Alfred invented dynamite didn't he?

#44 bigtony

bigtony
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Phil clarke as wrote a good article on sky sports web page and as hit the nail on the head regarding dr system, sorry dont know how to put a link on here to it

#45 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

If we are opportuning blame could you Philh, Julian Caine and Greengrass not have something to do with your dagger in the back attitude.A person can only take so much muck stirring before it gets to him. As for having a go at John Kidd he is the man who as kept this club going over the last few years out of his own pocket, without him this club would have gone out of exsistance years ago.

"Dagger in the back"??? Never. If I throw a dagger, its from the front. At least you'll see it coming.

I was genuinely delighted on the day it was announced that Steve McCormack would take over as coach and have stated my support for him many times on this forum in the time since. As recently as the Workington defeat I took time out to post the following:

The main reason for putting a comment down is to make a plea to fellow supporters: Please cut Steve McCormack some slack. The guy has been placed into an impossible position.

No evidence of muck stirring there, but perhaps some prophetic words in light of today's events, no???

The question for John Kidd is whether he wants to run the club as a family play thing, or does he believe potential exists for Swinton Lions to be a much bigger entity, want to achieve growth and is prepared to show faith in the future and do the necessary work off the pitch. While he and Paul have both talked a lot about achieving growth, they have not in reality delivered any - a gate of 515 against Sheffield and no tangible progress at Agecroft demonstrates that. The partnership with Warrington is all about minimising overheads, and nothing to do with developing Swinton Lions in its own right, it is having a negative impact on gates.

Nobody is under any obligation to support the club, but at the same time I am absolutely convinced potential exists to draw a considerably larger audience to games. The key to tapping into that potential is for John to change the direction the club is heading in, target an audience and work to attract them. Else I fear your recent prophesy that the club will not survive relegation may be tested next season. But then again, if the club is nothing more than the personal property of John Kidd and run in that manner, why should anyone else care about it?
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#46 MALCOLM WHO ?

MALCOLM WHO ?
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

I personally think a Coach at our level should have 100% control of players he wants to sign and the team which plays on a Sunday afternoon . I feel this season Steve has not had that (i may be wrong).

We always sign the wrong brother.

#47 hilly

hilly
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Steve macormak is the best coach in this league and my heart goes out to Steve and his family he is also a man of principle and I feel the breaking up of last seasons team with what seems no backing from the kids to let Steve keep his plans for the team going forward instead the kids took any ambition Steve had for this season away and told to build a team round the Warrington rejects what a kick in the teeth for a top coach so good luck in the future Steve hope you get the backing you deserve in your next job in rugby league

#48 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

So everyone who has decided that Steve has left for reasons other than family ones have you spoke to him and got the `truth` straight from him or is this yet more wild speculation that best fits your own personal grievances with the owners of this club. Also whilst all you axe grinders have all got your amazing gifts of mindreading and foresight can i please have this weeks euromillions numbers please as you seem to be able to predict the future fate of the club and the outcome of this season, convinced that you are once again right. In you own minds.:-)

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#49 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

"Dagger in the back"??? Never. If I throw a dagger, its from the front. At least you'll see it coming.

I was genuinely delighted on the day it was announced that Steve McCormack would take over as coach and have stated my support for him many times on this forum in the time since. As recently as the Workington defeat I took time out to post the following:

No evidence of muck stirring there, but perhaps some prophetic words in light of today's events, no???

The question for John Kidd is whether he wants to run the club as a family play thing, or does he believe potential exists for Swinton Lions to be a much bigger entity, want to achieve growth and is prepared to show faith in the future and do the necessary work off the pitch. While he and Paul have both talked a lot about achieving growth, they have not in reality delivered any - a gate of 515 against Sheffield and no tangible progress at Agecroft demonstrates that. The partnership with Warrington is all about minimising overheads, and nothing to do with developing Swinton Lions in its own right, it is having a negative impact on gates.

Nobody is under any obligation to support the club, but at the same time I am absolutely convinced potential exists to draw a considerably larger audience to games. The key to tapping into that potential is for John to change the direction the club is heading in, target an audience and work to attract them. Else I fear your recent prophesy that the club will not survive relegation may be tested next season. But then again, if the club is nothing more than the personal property of John Kidd and run in that manner, why should anyone else care about it?

couldnt agree more with what you have said phil like yourself i put my name to any post i put and my posting rip the lions will come true unless they sort out the direction of the club and move away asap from dr.

#50 OneKing

OneKing
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

We may now learn some of the details of the Warrington partnership! Surely no coach worth his badge would take a role/job at Swinton with Warrington calling the shots on team selection etc... If its an internal selection of Watto or worse still a Warrington coach like Gary Chambers then somethings afoot and I don't mean twelve inches!

#51 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 585 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

I blame D/R, Swinton and Warrington for putting horse meat in my burgers. I may as well, it looks like they're responsible for everything else that happens!

#52 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

couldnt agree more with what you have said phil like yourself i put my name to any post i put and my posting rip the lions will come true unless they sort out the direction of the club and move away asap from dr.

Would you please translate that.!!

#53 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

I think a few people need to have a look at themselves. for anybody to call Steve Mac a liar is a disgrace. the guy has been open and honest from day one. for anybody to say that he is not telling the truth and that hes not left because of the stated reasons does a disservice to Steve and the memory of his father.

I honestly believe that if Steve read this he would be upset.

I think you should issue an apology, grow up, and stop with the conspiracy theories.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#54 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 944 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

I too thank SM for all his efforts over his two years with the Lions and he came along just at the right time. I also respect his wishes and will not be posting on here that he is lying about why he has chosen to leave us. His reasons are his business and not for us to speculate on!
Respect is due ladies so stop squabbling like hens scratching around in the yard for snippets of scandal!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#55 OxOsp

OxOsp
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

I too thank SM for all his efforts over his two years with the Lions and he came along just at the right time. I also respect his wishes and will not be posting on here that he is lying about why he has chosen to leave us. His reasons are his business and not for us to speculate on!
Respect is due ladies so stop squabbling like hens scratching around in the yard for snippets of scandal!

I'm not convinced anyone has used the word "lying". That's one hell of a grenade to chuck in if you want the squabbling to stop. When people leave a job, any job, it is often for several reasons.

I think there is a body of people who believe that there are many reasons for his departure, of which, "a desire to spend more time with his family" is the primary one. No-one expects him, or the club, to start going in to detail in a press release. In fact, if he did say something inflammatory, then his desire to be with his family will be interrupted by the phone ringing off the hook.

Maybe he will release his book in a few years time with a bit more detail. Until then, he is utterly entitled to his privacy and our very best wishes. I look forward to his memoirs though!

#56 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 944 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

If Im right Steve has iterated his reason for resigning and not 'one of the reasons'. That is enough for me. If he did chose not to not to disclose other reasons then he did that for a purpose and speculating on here will not help him. The only reason to do so is to add fuel to the fire which already burns bright on this forum.
Steve has gone now and his replacement will arrive in due course!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#57 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Just seen Andy Gregory on Chorley Rd,he would be a good choice,experienced Coach and a former Warrington player.

#58 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Just seen Andy Gregory on Chorley Rd,he would be a good choice,experienced Coach and a former Warrington player.

Dave these are the type of comments which do nobody any good.

#59 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

A sad day for both Steve and the club..............clearly a man of principle, I too am thankful for having seen Swinton win the Championship......I also wish Steve the very best of luck in the future.

#60 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Andy Gregory? There more chance of getting lumbered with Andy Pandy than Andy Gregory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users