Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New head Coach.

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

With a heavy heart, I have to ask does anyone have any ideas who will be next or who they would like to see at the helm?

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#2 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

I have to say my preference would be scott barnes head coach with rick smith assistant

#3 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Philh

If hes not available someone like Richard Marshall would be good despite the Warrington connection leading to another 100 million posts on the subject

The academy coach at salford carey crarey can never remember his name.

Martin crompton is a good call

John fieldhouse

Paul Cullen

#4 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Nobby, Barry Mac, Les, Stuart Raper, Bobby Goulding, or player coach role for Moz.

Think that covers all bases for me. lol
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#5 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

I have to say my preference would be scott barnes head coach with rick smith assistant

at last. somebody that speaks sense. we'd bleed blue blood. the passion would flow from every player.

cant see John Kidd going for it though Lll

Posted Image

#6 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

The logical option would be for Ian Watson to step up from his assistant coaching role.Watto has had a good career and maybe now the time is right to try his hand at coaching without the additional responsibility of playing.It may well be that the club will advertise the position and place Paul Kidd in temporary charge until the applicants can be assessed.Whatever happens it has to be the right appointment as relegation would be catastrophic for the club.

#7 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Local contracts will be dished out aswel!

#8 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Bobby Goulding has tweeted hes interested #winneraregrinners

Posted Image

#9 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

wouldn't be a bad option bobbie goulding

#10 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

This is a chance to make things happen. Put the right coach in now and show that this club are on the up! Speculate to accumulate. A big name who makes a big noise with a record behind him may entice the Council to jump on board, pull in the players some people are clamoring for and sponsors too.
For me Brian Noble would do the trick!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#11 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Noble would be a great appointment just hope John and Paul are at least looking at him as a possibility. Would really get people talking that one.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#12 PeterAshton17

PeterAshton17
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Ged stokes

#13 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

Ged stokes

????????

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#14 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Ged stokes

knows our league inside and out. his teams give 100% and are usually more than the sum of their parts. could do wonders for us.

Posted Image

#15 MALCOLM WHO ?

MALCOLM WHO ?
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

Give Watto a chance. When Paul Smith left us and he took over we played some great Rugby.

We always sign the wrong brother.

#16 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Also worth remembering that it was Watto and PAUL KIDD who took over post Paul Smith.Surely it would be too much of an ask if Watto wishes to continue playing.He is however the logical choice.

#17 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

knows our league inside and out. his teams give 100% and are usually more than the sum of their parts. could do wonders for us.

The guys an absolutely brilliant coach but I believe he is living back in the southern hemisphere?

From the outside looking in id say someone high profile, Ian Watson or a guy like Richard Marshall or Gary Chambers who knows the Warrington lads inside out
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#18 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Bobbie G for me, a more realistic target, on his twitter he has indicated he has contacted the club and is interested in the post. Could really do a good job for us and is a high profile name.

Edmund Burke

#19 hilly

hilly
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

GED burns former wigan player and assistant coach would be a good choice

#20 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

This is a crucial appointment for the club, given the importance of avoiding relegation at the end of the season.

The nature of the appointment will also tell us a lot about what sort of future John and Paul Kidd want for the club.

John and Paul are firmly at a crossroads. They can either reflect that mistakes have been made in the manner of the partnership with Warrington and try to pull back from those errors of judgement, or just keep digging a bigger hole. If they opt for the latter option, Championship One will be a probability for next season.

Time is of a premium, so the appointment needs to be prompt and the new coach needs to be someone capable of making an instant impact. Ideally the new man should be someone that can bring about 4 decent experienced players in that want to play for him.

While I can understand people pointing towards Ian Watson, I think a bigger scale of change is needed to get the team re-foccused and re-energised.

If we are including coaches from the southern hemisphere, why not Paul Terzis?
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users