Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

todays bans

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

http://www.sportingl...quet-ban-stands
westwod and webb one game each, both let off lightly i think, pryce gets off, bousquet ban stands.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,656 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

The RFL have certainly got the Westwood one wrong. His club are playing Hull FC at the weekend and whenever that occurs, players either get no ban whatsoever or mysteriously reappear after a long bout of injury.

I'll await a successful appeal.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#3 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

glad scruton got off....

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#4 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

glad scruton got off....

why?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#5 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

The RFL have certainly got the Westwood one wrong. His club are playing Hull FC at the weekend and whenever that occurs, players either get no ban whatsoever or mysteriously reappear after a long bout of injury.

I'll await a successful appeal.

Interesting to play the paranoia card when a decision goes in your favour.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#6 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,433 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

glad scruton got off....

Fined £300 maybe not a match ban, but certainly not let off!

Westwood and Webb match each for handbags, hope that any punches thrown are treated the same......handbags = 1 game bans

#7 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,433 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

I think we should sell Westwood , he's a liability and he won't be missed on Saturday

#8 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

why?

because in all the "shoulder charge" hysteria...this was'nt the type of "shoulder charge" thats been banned or will get banned her very shortlyby the RFL.....the tackle was a fraction late....thats what i believe he got the fine for....plus it was more the whiplash that knocked the lad out

hits like this....have rightly been banned...not got a problem in that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdtb-_3MTE

but theres nothing wrong with big chest/shoulder hits as long as the arms are involved...like scrutons....

or simon dwyers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBqDnjDLCmU

Edited by roughyedspud, 20 February 2013 - 09:38 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#9 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

I think we should sell Westwood , he's a liability and he won't be missed on Saturday

Right.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#10 brooza

brooza
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

Disappointed Bousquet didn't get his ban extended for wasting everyone's time

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,656 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

:D

I actually glanced through Google images of paranoia to include one in my post but didn't find any I thought appropriate.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#12 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Fans "bring back the biff!!!"

Players biff.

Fans "ban them - they're a disgrace!!!"

#13 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,613 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

:D

I actually glanced through Google images of paranoia to include one in my post but didn't find any I thought appropriate.

Incidentally, I don't have a problem with the decision to ban Westwood. I hope he'd do the same if we were to play Catalans again soon.

Hull should be pretty confident for this weekend, I think. Without Briers, Morley, Westwood and Harrison, there's every chance the average age of our team will dip beneath 70.

#14 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

because in all the "shoulder charge" hysteria...this was'nt the type of "shoulder charge" thats been banned or will get banned her very shortlyby the RFL.....

Correct it was a late shot on a player looking the other way - shoulder to the head

Why he didn't get a ban is beyond me - consistency is all we ask for
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#15 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Correct it was a late shot on a player looking the other way - shoulder to the head

It was shoulder to shoulder. The head then ricocheted onto the shoulder.

The fine was for reckless and late - of which it was both. If it was high he would have been banned.
People called Romans they go the house

#16 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

It was marginally late, on a player who was running close to the line, looking to pass (or maybe dummy the pass and run, from Scruton's viewpoint) and it was shoulder to shoulder with the hands involved so probably wouldn't even be included in the new ruling anyway.

The consistency I'd like is for people to keep their eyes open when viewing incidents.... :rolleyes: It's a shame the kid got hurt, and I hope he's ok, but you can't blame Scruton - as Mr Silverwood said on Saturday night, "there was nothing in it".
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#17 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

It was marginally late, on a player who was running close to the line, looking to pass (or maybe dummy the pass and run, from Scruton's viewpoint) and it was shoulder to shoulder with the hands involved so probably wouldn't even be included in the new ruling anyway.

The consistency I'd like is for people to keep their eyes open when viewing incidents.... :rolleyes: It's a shame the kid got hurt, and I hope he's ok, but you can't blame Scruton - as Mr Silverwood said on Saturday night, "there was nothing in it".

so why was he fined?

Posted Image

#18 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,865 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

so why was he fined?

<insert comment about Nigel Wood and his food bill, smirk>
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#19 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

If this had been Chase on a Bradford player, you lot would be going beserk for a lengthy ban.

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

If this had been Chase on a Bradford player, you lot would be going beserk for a lengthy ban.

Well luckily we don't have to, and why's that, oh yeah, cos he got himself banned with a stupid shot.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users