Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

A League of Extraordinary Women

FOWC2013 England Women

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria Dawson

Victoria Dawson
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Women and rugby league. It's all about finding players attractive, or being cheerleaders, right?

Wrong.

Hope you enjoy reading this short piece as much as I enjoy researching the subject. :)

Edited by Victoria Dawson, 20 February 2013 - 01:08 AM.

Follow me on Twitter: @VDawsonRL

#2 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,776 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for that - an interesting read. It may just be my browser playing up, but the headline and half of the first sentence was on top of the photo.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#3 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Enjoyed that. Thanks. A big area of the game that is often overlooked.
disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#4 Geoff Lee

Geoff Lee
  • Coach
  • 495 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Sometime in the fifties, there was a school in St Helens where Rugby League was taught/coached by a nun!

www.geofflee.net for news of my novels, One Winter, One Spring, One Summer, One Autumn and Two Seasons. All are written against a strong Rugby League background, set in South Lancashire and inspired by the old saying about work: "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller".

#5 ShotgunGold

ShotgunGold
  • Coach
  • 858 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Yes nice article. I've never actually seen women play rugby before. Good luck England ladies for the World Cup!

#6 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,912 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Yes nice article. I've never actually seen women play rugby before. Good luck England ladies for the World Cup!

Keep an eye out for the 2013 fixtures, very different to the mens game, in the matches I've seen but well worth a watch.