RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Ref Cam!

Will League follow suit??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Blotto

Blotto
  • Coach
  • 575 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

The ARU have sanctioned this after trials

http://www.dailytele...n-1226581471253

This could be a useful as well as novel piece of kit!

Though in Gansons case it will be modified to show his face at all times
If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

#2 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Already happening in RL. A few of the refs trialled them during the pre-season games, Ben Thaler mentions it in 40/20 magazine, with different methods being used such as glasses being worn by the ref with the camera on (no jokes!) or a camera attached to the side of their head etc.

Incidentally Thaler thought their shirts for this year were a wind up at first and apparently we havent even seen the Yellow and Green number yet!

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

What is the ref cam for exactly? Is it just meant as another shot for tv games? Or is it mainly for disciplinary purposes? I think I may have seen a bit of footage on a union game I was skimming past. But it was during a break in play (obviously).

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

Alibert was wearing one at the Fev v Leigh game.

At the time, I thought he was wearing some really cool looking spectacles.

#5 brooza

brooza
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Seems to me that it will need some very good image stabilisation in it, Would be very bouncy when they're running around

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users