Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow v Batley

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

the difference between the 2 sides will be abour 8 points, 22-14 to the mightly raiders.
i think holty will realise that there has been little creativity in the half backs so far, i think and hope that finchy gets a go at stand off, he's a trier.
the return of haggerty in second row will be huge boost, the lad is class. To be fair, barrows back row is one of the strongest in the league.

Strongest in terms of what? I think it may be difficult for us up there but I am not sure you will have enough to beat us. No evidence so far this season that you are strong enough or creative enough, but I stand to be corrected.

#22 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Me too. We have only lost this season to last years champions away from home finishing in the top six for the past two seasons. I dont think the dogs should be too worried. I am in wigton at the mo and starting to get giddy.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#23 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Strongest in terms of what? I think it may be difficult for us up there but I am not sure you will have enough to beat us. No evidence so far this season that you are strong enough or creative enough, but I stand to be corrected.

Sorry guys but I have to agree. I hope things change tonight...come on you mighty Raiders....

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#24 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Going to be a very tough game no doubt,I am hoping that we can hang in there with them and sneak it.

We need to get some points before we start to get left behind.

#25 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Sorry guys but I have to agree. I hope things change tonight...come on you mighty Raiders....

come on Soss, have some positive energy, no need for negativity, the team pick up on this and it hurts them mentally.

come on you raiders!!

#26 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Batleys coach stating no duel reg players for tonights game should give an even playing field.

Ground looks a lot better than last time and hard so maybe we will see an expansive fast game from the Raiders tonight :)

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#27 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Not being negative but I just agreed with his statement..I will be there tonight shouting as loud as I usually do..I would love it if we get the points today. Apparently Dick has worked miracles with the pitch again...which suits us down to the ground..I believe we will push them hard as other than fev i think our pack has been fantastic.

Come on Barrow lets have it...3 points in the bag...you know you can do it!

Edited by soss, 21 February 2013 - 04:48 PM.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#28 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Batleys coach stating no duel reg players for tonights game should give an even playing field.

Ground looks a lot better than last time and hard so maybe we will see an expansive fast game from the Raiders tonight :)

We have only had one dual registered player in each game tho, so that's not really a leveller

Edited by Batley Bob, 21 February 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#29 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Not being negative but I just agreed with his statement..I will be there tonight shouting as loud as I usually do..I would love it if we get the points today. Apparently Dick has worked miracles with the pitch again...which suits us down to the ground..I believe we will push them hard as other than fev i think our pack has been fantastic.

Come on Barrow lets have it...3 points in the bag...you know you can do it!

That's the spirit soss!

Dick is a miracle worker
He does a great job.

Lets put these doggies down!

Edited by barrowbob, 21 February 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#30 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

All was going well for the opening 30 mins and we were IMO Unlucky not to get that 2nd Try, but then their speed and nous begain to tell, weak upper body tackling on line lead to an easy TD on the whistle,(4-16) Black pulling the strings and their lad campbell is quality, learning curve for the lads, hope we get a BP tonight, Barrow bit more determined in the opening of the 2nd half, great Campbell try 10-16 now.

Edited by mick wilson, 21 February 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#31 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Good decent effort that lads, Tried all night, Bully immense Dawson also VG, good BP tonight, won the 2nd half 6-4, improving every week, happy enough tonight.

Att 932 could be better,

Edited by mick wilson, 21 February 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#32 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

pleased with the BP great effort from the lads against a good team, andrew (brewie) dawson was immense!! harrison also, going on that performance we will stay up!!!!! cmon barrow

#33 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

Att 932 could be better,

thought it would of been less than that myself, (thursday night, freezing cold.)

#34 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

pleased with the BP great effort from the lads against a good team, andrew (brewie) dawson was immense!! harrison also, going on that performance we will stay up!!!!! cmon barrow

#35 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

#36 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Plenty of positives to be taken from tonight.
We will come good.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#37 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Good hard game tonight but the Dogs always had the upper hand but cant knock the effort or fitness one bit..... just lack creativity in attack.

I wish we would move up quicker in defence at the play the ball and Batley made lots of yards from acting halfback.

Oh and if we back Kurt Haggerty up more when going forward we might find some gaps instead of losing it in a turnover.

Wish Clay could get more of the ball as well...with bull as his centre he would get plenty of oppertunities down the left flank.

Dawson and Bull great tonight and Campbells try was class

id like to see a Finch/Campbell half back partnership given a try as well ??

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#38 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Many positives to take from the game. I thought they neutralised Harrison very well, they pretty much ensured every time he got the ball he wasn't running 1 v 1. We really need to work on our defence though, a lot of there tries were just one pass and they went through and scored. I prefer Haney at full back to Mcgilvary I think he's more solid. Surprised no one has mentioned Toal so far, I thought he was absolutely immense and deserved MOM along with Dawson who was quality all game too. We did still need a decent attacking centre though I don't think we're much of a threat when we get out wide and seem to give away easy metres when they run out there.

The performance was much improved. We are only going to get better as the season goes on and we could of won this game easily, bring on next week.

#39 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

cracking performance i thought scott kaighans kicking game was pretty good as for the ref some of his decisions were a bit strange but in the end it probably ended up about even with his mistakes.thougt towards the end the bonus point was going to be blown with barrow panicking trying to score a try from nothing a little bit more composure and a couple more tries could of come but got to be happy with the bonus point.how many high tackles went unpunished tonight i think it needs pointing out to the ref that high tackles need to be penalised lol

#40 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Many positives to take from the game. I thought they neutralised Harrison very well, they pretty much ensured every time he got the ball he wasn't running 1 v 1. We really need to work on our defence though, a lot of there tries were just one pass and they went through and scored. I prefer Haney at full back to Mcgilvary I think he's more solid. Surprised no one has mentioned Toal so far, I thought he was absolutely immense and deserved MOM along with Dawson who was quality all game too. We did still need a decent attacking centre though I don't think we're much of a threat when we get out wide and seem to give away easy metres when they run out there.

The performance was much improved. We are only going to get better as the season goes on and we could of won this game easily, bring on next week.

I don't think you could have won this game easily, don't know where that comes from. However, you did show promise, especially Harrison who was immense throughout. If all of your team showed the same effort and determination as him you would be flying now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users