Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow v Batley

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Gutted, top effort but lack of creativity.
We will improve but I agree with the comment of try finch at half back.
We let some fairly soft tries in which we can't afford to do at any level.
Onwards and upwards!

#42 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

I don't think you could have won this game easily, don't know where that comes from. However, you did show promise, especially Harrison who was immense throughout. If all of your team showed the same effort and determination as him you would be flying now.

If we'd of done a few more things right we could of won. Its not as if we were miles off in the game, maybe easily is to strong a word to use but the game was certainly winnable with the performance we put in. Harrison would be playing SL if he was playing like this when he was a few years younger.

#43 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

If we'd of done a few more things right we could of won. Its not as if we were miles off in the game, maybe easily is to strong a word to use but the game was certainly winnable with the performance we put in. Harrison would be playing SL if he was playing like this when he was a few years younger.

Well we can all say that. Batley dropped the ball twice in the second half, when all they had to do was take the ball and they would have been over. It's all ifs and buts. I think Batley were clearly better tonight, faster in the back three and stronger in the forwards. I do think though that your home form will keep you up.

#44 Phil. K

Phil. K
  • Coach
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Very good proformance tonight and with mainly local lads 11 out of the starting 13 and another one on the bench.
The Raiders are getting better match by match.

My name is Phil . . . . I am a Rugby League Supporter ! http://www.barrowrlfc.com

Posted Image

#45 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

#46 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

You keep trying to talk, but nothing is coming out. im sure you will get the hang of it soon :D

#47 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

What is wong with you people harrison made more mistakes than anyone missed tackels and loseing the ball haggerty by far your best forward if you think harrison was great no wandee you are struggerlig

I

#48 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

We need to move Liam Harrison into the centre position because we are turning him into cannon fodder,let the likes of Dawson,Whitehead Haggerty and the returning forwards do all the tough stuff,Liam needs to be used as more of an attacking weapon IMO!
We looked weak as ###### at times in defence tonight,although I cannot fault the commitment from most of the lads,I thought Dan Toal would struggle with the step up this season but his desire is there for all to see and was my Mom!
Mike Whitehead produced another good shift,but I have to say that apart from the first 20mins we never looked in control,pack size,strength and speed being the main factors against us!
Cannot fault effort at all,but short of a good centre for sure!

#49 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

What is wong with you people harrison made more mistakes than anyone missed tackels and loseing the ball haggerty by far your best forward if you think harrison was great no wandee you are struggerlig

I

i wished you hadn't of figured it owt now!

#50 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Not saying he is a bad player just did not play as good as you lot make out

#51 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Just back and enjoyed my first trip to Barrow. It was obvious which was the established team and who were the leagues new boys. Barrow had plenty enthusiasm but not enough end product. Batley still make too many mistakes trying the fancy skills that they need to challenge the likes of fev and a better team would have punished us more tonight. Thought both barrow tries were well executed and they should avoid religation if they keep it up.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#52 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Well what can I say...I enjoyed a good game of rugby but most of all the fans finally found a voice. Harrison, Well where do you play him? Strong running forward and a leader by example. If we had a stronger pack I would look to play him back where he started, IMO he can create the most damage at the left center. We need a tactician and kicker; someone who can create an attacking opportunity from nothing.
In tonight's game the first 20 minutes were great which set the call with the fans and as a consequence carried them to the end of the game but we collapsed in defence again. Why are we so weak at times? I know some of you blame certain players but as a team we look amateur at times. Fitness? No the guys are fit, so what happens? We get suckered into playing the opponents game down the middle against stronger packs. So moving Liam to a Center position in my opinion would weaken our team but a different leader who can not only lead by example but set the play and kick the Raiders into attacking positions is to me a priority. Thats not to say i want a different captain but we need someone who can lead the play.

By the way I thought Liam Campbell was outstanding tonight.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#53 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

How much longer do we have to wait for Holty to put finchy in his natural position which is half back.

C'mon Holty give him a shout at 6.

Thought Toal was outstanding last nite along with Chez and Dawson.

#finchatisahalfback
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#54 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

Massive improvement but just not quite enough to beat a strong and fast Batley side.
Great performances from Haney, Clay, Larkin, Kaighan, Campbell, Dawson, Harrison, Haggerty K.
Shame we couldn't get a another try with all that pressure before half time, then they scored 2 quick ones.
If we play like that against the lesser sides we'll get some good wins.
Off the bottom of the league anyway !!!!!
Another poor crowd though, although it was freezing cold !

Posted Image

#55 beachy01

beachy01
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

i watched it on TV soss and it was exactly what holty said in the changing rooms at half time, we didnt control the tackle all nite!! they got quick play the balls alot of the time and a couple on the bounce makes any teams look like amateurs!

some very good performances last night especially the bull, twigs, daws and big mike!! think we just need someone that can take the team round the field and im guna be the 1st to say it as no one else has

perfect half back partnership of finchy/cammy and..................holty

#56 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

After enduring the vagaries of the M6 I failed to get back in time for the match but have watched it twice on tv. I am astounded that nobody has mentioned Mike Whitehead who worked really hard, was virtually error free and really controlled the tackled player every time. Comfortably Barrow's best player on the night imo.

The bonus point took us off the bottom of the league and the lads have shown enough in the last game and a half to suggest to me that they will soon begin to climb the table and reach safety.

Posted Image

#57 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

We also need a big line-busting ball-handling prop forward !!!!!!!

Posted Image

#58 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 402 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

i watched it on TV soss and it was exactly what holty said in the changing rooms at half time, we didnt control the tackle all nite!! they got quick play the balls alot of the time and a couple on the bounce makes any teams look like amateurs!

some very good performances last night especially the bull, twigs, daws and big mike!! think we just need someone that can take the team round the field and im guna be the 1st to say it as no one else has

perfect half back partnership of finchy/cammy and..................holty

Did he pay you to say that Beachy, Jesus wept!!

#59 LocalRugby

LocalRugby
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Well deserved bonus point last night, thought the players that Batley brought of the bench had a big impact on the game !

Also the offload killed us all night imo I think thats what give them the edge to win the game

Good performance non the less, hopefully be able to keep building on this

#60 beachy01

beachy01
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

Did he pay you to say that Beachy, Jesus wept!!

haha no i just think we need 2 or 3 expirienced players that have done it at this level for years, and if we aint got any money to spend we could give it a try!!

keith, i mentioned him i also think toaly played very well, punches well above his weight in defence

Edited by beachy01, 22 February 2013 - 10:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users