Barrow v Batley

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

We also need a big line-busting ball-handling prop forward !!!!!!!
Jack Spencer will be fit shortly from what i hear. ;)
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#62 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

i watched it on TV soss and it was exactly what holty said in the changing rooms at half time, we didnt control the tackle all nite!! they got quick play the balls alot of the time and a couple on the bounce makes any teams look like amateurs!

some very good performances last night especially the bull, twigs, daws and big mike!! think we just need someone that can take the team round the field and im guna be the 1st to say it as no one else has

perfect half back partnership of finchy/cammy and..................holty

I agree we need someone of Holty's calibre but I think even Holty would admit that at his age and being prone to a few knocks he is not going to come back.
Having said that it was a good performance and an enjoyable game which I believe if we had scored after all the pressure we put on them it may have been a very different result. Great to see the fire back in the squad and some lads have not been praised on here for for their performance, however they know they had a good game and will carry that through to next week.
We are not going to be the league whipping boys....we are going to stand up and fight for every point we gain...well done all the lads and for those who went to the pub to watch you missed a great atmosphere but I bet you were warmer than us..lol

Edited by soss, 22 February 2013 - 11:05 AM.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#63 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

Batleys coach stating no duel reg players for tonights game should give an even playing field.

Ground looks a lot better than last time and hard so maybe we will see an expansive fast game from the Raiders tonight :)

Im suprised no one has mentioned the SL players in the Batley side :huh:

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#64 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

Good game last night. Lots of errors from both sides! Thought you scrambled well after we made breaks from Flanagan, Campbell and Black. difference was we just made our territory count on the scoreboard where as after the first half 30 mins you needed to be more than 4-0 up having been camped on our line.

From your perspective Harrison is a real talent, but your pack seem to slow down when entering tackles and loose any momentum they had gained. Think you'll easily stay up on that performance!

Thanks to all the fans who we spoke to us, made us feel welcome after a long journey :)

#65 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

Batley only played one SL player last night- Dan Fleming

#66 recently divorced

recently divorced
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Mike whitehead had a good game I thought, that side step he does 10 metres before the line gets me every time. Fair enough he was s/-/it 5 years ago, and 5 years before that he wasn't much better either... But boy he's rolled back the years! That side step, coupled with his power and persistence.... Wow

#67 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Batley only played one SL player last night- Dan Fleming

How many games has he played in super league, bet it's not many, if any

#68 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

True- don't think Dan has made his debut for Cas yet.

#69 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

I agree good game and I would think a good advert for RL on Premier Sports'

What worries me most is that with all the posession we had in the first 20 minutes we could only score 1 try and in 4 games so far we have only scored 6 tries. Workingto won't be a pushover at DP and then we welcome Dewsbury. No easy games this season.

Posted Image

#70 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

This season 90% of the games we play are going to be competitive. Apart from Fev, Fax, Sheff, Leigh and Batley away every other game is winnable for both sides. We would of won yesterday if we made the most of our possession and territory in the first half and in other games we can't afford to not take our chances as we will be punished dearly. The game yesterday has put me in good hope ahead of a trip to worky.

#71 onandon

onandon
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Very good proformance tonight and with mainly local lads 11 out of the starting 13 and another one on the bench.
The Raiders are getting better match by match.

i think you are running out of games how many you won so far a big 0000000 i think ......lol

#72 wazza

wazza
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Thought the team did a lot better last night, Mike Whitehead & Harrison were the stand outs and feel Haney is a lot more reliable at fullback.Shame we didn't make more of the possession we had in the first 20 minutes. Does anyone know why Dandy was dropped after his performance at fev? Thought he made a massive impact when coming on last week. Lets hope our first win comes against worky!

#73 walneyboy

walneyboy
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Cos the other two hookers are better players!!

#74 UnionMan

UnionMan
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Whilst the effort was good I thought there was far too much 1 man up the middle stuff, we need to move the ball more.

#75 wazza

wazza
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Did you watch the fev game? First half there was no organisation or go forward in the team, he got them going forward and we ended up even with them in the 2nd half, plus he tackled none stop.

#76 walneyboy

walneyboy
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

No wazza I didn't watch the fev game as I was putting some wallpaper up in the spare bedroom, bought it from laura ashley on line, got a good price for it as it happens! anyway, I would think that dandy came on at the 30 minute mark, this is the usual policy with the hooker sub, and as far as I know in this time fev continued to score at will so he didn't alter anything too much then. In the second half when Barrow were playing down hill and fev had obviously taken there foot off the gas and were going through the motions.
whether he had a better game than usual then i will have to take your word for that but regardless of that he is still behind finch, our best hooker, and mossop.

#77 wazza

wazza
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

We will have to agree to disagree on that one mate. I think mossop, finch and dandy bring similar games finch better in attack dandy in defence. I was just wondering why holty hadn't gone with him when he had a good last game.

#78 walneyboy

walneyboy
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Well, it also looks like holty and aky agree with me or dandy would have played!!

#79 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

i think you are running out of games how many you won so far a big 0000000 i think ......lol

How are we running out of games there is 22 left. At least our best player isn't another teams player and haven't sold the heart and soul of our club to an SL side...

#80 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

How are we running out of games there is 22 left. At least our best player isn't another teams player and haven't sold the heart and soul of our club to an SL side...

Well said
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users