Barrow v Batley

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

Bit rich lads considering we've used dual reg for a few seasons.
Just think how much we would have struggled last season if not for our connection with Warrington.
I know this season is slightly different with no u21s but If we got offered a link up, surely we would take it.

#82 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

I think it's more of the structure they are using for the links that the club are unhappy with and I agree it would be a nightmare. I know from the mail that we as a club would consider the option of loan players. In my opinion we need to have a look around to see who is available and at what cost if we are to stay competitive in this league. I am not saying our players are not capable in this league but when you look at some of the players coming through on the club links we have to even the playing field.
Stability is the name of the game and we would get more of it through loan or The old DR system..

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#83 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Bit rich lads considering we've used dual reg for a few seasons.
Just think how much we would have struggled last season if not for our connection with Warrington.
I know this season is slightly different with no u21s but If we got offered a link up, surely we would take it.

We've used dual reg a lot more differently though. The way we used it is we essentially loaned 3 young players for a certain period of time which is completely different to what is happening now.

Also we're eligible to link up with any club except Saints and Widnes. Seeing as this system saves SL clubs money and gives the fringe players a run out/ gets people back to full fitness we'd definitely get an offer if we went looking. Fortunately we haven't looked.

#84 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

We also need a big line-busting ball-handling prop forward !!!!!!!
Jack Spencer will be fit shortly from what i hear. ;)

What is the situation about Brad Singleton's loan-ish type deal with Wakey ? would Leeds/Wakey let him come here for a game or 3 to get him game fitness at higher level of reserve grade ?

#85 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

What is the situation about Brad Singleton's loan-ish type deal with Wakey ? would Leeds/Wakey let him come here for a game or 3 to get him game fitness at higher level of reserve grade ?

Think he played today for Hunslet. No longer at Wakefield.

#86 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

He did. No 38 for Hunslet.

Posted Image

#87 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

http://www1.skysport...al-registration

This should link to news on Singleton

Posted Image

#88 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

I am no fan of the dual reg system, and it hurts to see players like Brad Singo and Ryan Shaw turning out for other Championship clubs.
I bet the lads would much rather play for their home town !
Speaking with Ryan's dad at a home game last year when Ryan was playing for Barrow - he said that Ryan loves playing for his home team !

Edited by Baaarrow, 25 February 2013 - 01:53 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users