Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

23/02/13 - Bradford Bulls v St Helens - KO 2pm

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Bradford Bulls (14 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. St Helens (6 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

Bradford, by 2.

A huge task, even though St Helens are bab, not expecting a win but hoping for the best after seeing encouraging signs so far. Big boost having Scruton and hopefully Walker available, we're still lacking a prop though. I was hoping someone may have been loaned in.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 969 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Bradford, by 2. Jamie Foster with the two points.

#4 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

I think it's possible for us to win it, after all Saints haven't exactly been blowing teams away and have injury worries of their own, but I do feel that in the absence of Gale we need Kearney in the halves with Sammutt. Danny Addy is a fine prospect and I don't doubt he'll make very good loose forward in a year or so but he is no half back, even though he does have top class kicking game. Foster to FB and whoever (Whitehead would be my favourite) to cover for Platt in the centres with Olbison or Addy joining John Bateman in the second row. Both sides have shown some decent stuff in attack and that they can defend - should be a good game.
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#5 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

I think it's possible for us to win it, after all Saints haven't exactly been blowing teams away and have injury worries of their own, but I do feel that in the absence of Gale we need Kearney in the halves with Sammutt. Danny Addy is a fine prospect and I don't doubt he'll make very good loose forward in a year or so but he is no half back, even though he does have top class kicking game. Foster to FB and whoever (Whitehead would be my favourite) to cover for Platt in the centres with Olbison or Addy joining John Bateman in the second row. Both sides have shown some decent stuff in attack and that they can defend - should be a good game.

Speaking to his Grandad on Saturday he says John Bateman is still a week or two away.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

You've quoted my post and edited it. :angry:

I shall have to report you for this dastardly deed. Actually, I won't bother. Instead you can follow Salford for the rest of the season as punishment.

The same goes to you too foozler... I'll set OF on you! :P

Edited by hindle xiii, 20 February 2013 - 10:57 AM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Speaking to his Grandad on Saturday he says John Bateman is still a week or two away.

Guess I should have said 'if fit', though I did think he was about there, to be honest. Jobe Murphy looked OK last week (a bit over keen, maybe but I can forgive that..) and deserves another outing.

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

Guess I should have said 'if fit', though I did think he was about there, to be honest. Jobe Murphy looked OK last week (a bit over keen, maybe but I can forgive that..) and deserves another outing.

True, looked smaller than I expected though.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Top post, I'm in a very similar mind. We certainly have the ability to win, and I think our home form this year is the best in a while. However, I'm thinking Saints are going to just about sneak it by a couple of scores.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#10 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,079 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Bulls by 10, said more in hope than expectation.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#11 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,537 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

interesting comments

Saints drew with Hull, Hull spanked bulls 2 weeks ago - Saints must improve, bulls will get better the more time Francis gets with them.

I'd be surprised if Bulls won - Bulls 22 Saint 36

#12 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

I have voted for the Bulls but would be surprised if they did win. As Paul says the only hard comparison we have so far are the FC games and the results were very different. Saints are still pretty much the same team that were 3rd/4th best last year.

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Saints are still pretty much the same team that were 3rd/4th best last year.

And we beat them at Odsal early last year... ;)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

And we beat them at Odsal early last year... ;)

And you've predicted a home win, and are uncannily accurate, so there's real hope.
I really liked a lot of what I saw on Saturday with the Bulls, their attitude, style and balance. They looked a team in which everyone was comfortable in their roles.

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

And you've predicted a home win, and are uncannily accurate, so there's real hope.
I really liked a lot of what I saw on Saturday with the Bulls, their attitude, style and balance. They looked a team in which everyone was comfortable in their roles.

Yeh, but I'd be surprised if we did win, like I said. Always gonna back the lads.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Latest news suggests that Chev Walker has only had a 'slight knock', according to the player himself, and reports of his unavailability this weeekend are somewhat premature. I think that is a big boost for the Bulls as he has been superb so far this year.

#17 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

With Saints looking a bit wobbly and Bradford getting their act together - Bulls by 10.

#18 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

I think Bulls will win this. Nah, I don't think; I'm almost certain they will! Brown appears to be teaching us some new attacking moves - I watched the Stats Pack on the red button tonight and Clarkey showed how we have been spreading the ball wide rather than going up the middle. That's a distinct change in direction for us and so it is likely that such a change will take most of the season to get used to. Aside from that we also have some right bone idle forwards who love nothing better than to have a little snooze and let a halfback or centre make the tackle for them. Add into that mix the fact that Bradford appear to have a very good spirit, work very hard and have a very unpredictable player in Sammutt and really I don't hold out much hope for a Saints victory.

#19 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

I like the look of the bulls, I think a win against a top side like saints could ignite their confidence. This season feels unpredictable to me, enjoying it
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#20 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,004 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

First game I can get to this year, so its a win for Saints. :(

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together