Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

23/02/13 - Hull FC v Warrington Wolves - KO 5.45pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Voted Warrington Wolves (8 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

3. Draw (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Home advantage just a bit too much at this part of the season in this one

HFC by 10
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#22 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Warrington squad: Ryan Atkins, Garreth Carvell, Mike Cooper, Ben Currie, Rhys Evans, Simon Grix, Micky Higham, Chris Hill, Brett Hodgson, James Laithwaite, Tyrone McCarthy, Joel Monaghan, Michael Monaghan, Richie Myler, Stefan Ratchford, Chris Riley, James Saltonstall, Trent Waterhouse, Paul Wood.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#23 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Hull FC squad: Joe Arundel, Tom Briscoe, Ben Crooks, Ben Galea, Chris Green, Aaron Heremaia, Daniel Holdsworth, Richard Horne, Danny Houghton, Paul Johnson, Tom Lineham, Andy Lynch, Shannon McDonnell, Mark O'Meley, Jay Pitts, Brett Seymour, Joe Westerman, Richard Whiting, Kirk Yeaman.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#24 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

So, no Morley, Westwood, Briers or Bridge. Put a quid on the Airlie Birds then I suspect....

#25 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

So, no Morley, Westwood, Briers or Bridge. Put a quid on the Airlie Birds then I suspect....

Don't forget we are missing 3 of our starting pack in Ellis, Watts and Tickle, also Tom Lineham and Ben Crooks wing center combination is inexperienced , your not the only one with problems. But I suspect that Stevo and Eddie will not stop going on about the Wire missing players especially if we win.

Edited by westhuller, 22 February 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#26 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

BIG MATCH PREVIEW: HULL FC V WARRINGTON WOLVES

http://iota.ecommzon...ff02/story1.htm

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#27 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Don't forget we are missing 3 of our starting pack in Ellis, Watts and Tickle, also Tom Lineham and Ben Crooks wing center combination is inexperienced , your not the only one with problems. But I suspect that Stevo and Eddie will not stop going on about the Wire missing players especially if we win.

This.
Posted Image

#28 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

This.

sorry but Morley, Briers and Westwood are a bigger miss than Ellis*, Watts and Tickle with the greatest of respect.

anyway lets hope SKY dont bang on about it and ruin it for the viewers.....................and for what its worth, Briers and Westwood will be sadly missed.

* hasn't played this season so we can only go on previous

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 22 February 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#29 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

sorry but Morley, Briers and Westwood are a bigger miss than Ellis*, Watts and Tickle with the greatest of respect.

anyway lets hope SKY dont bang on about it and ruin it for the viewers.....................and for what its worth, Briers and Westwood will be sadly missed.

You don't have to say sorry but we all know what Eddie and Stevos agenda will be if we win.

Edited by westhuller, 22 February 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#30 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

You don't have to say sorry but we all know what Eddie and Stevos agenda will be if we win.

Cheers westhuller, didn't want to offend you...... I only offend OF :D

Eddie and Stevo need to talk the game up, both clubs, fans and what happens on the pitch...... not what could have been...... If that was the case, in my mind Wires have been champions for 37 years.

Enjoy and may the best team win.

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 22 February 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#31 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Wire by plenty
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#32 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

I'd say that Ellis and Tickle are an equivalent loss to Morley and Westwood in the pack. Briers is a big loss for you, but you have better depth in this area. Ratchford is better than what we have to offer at half back to be fair.
Posted Image

#33 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

I'd say that Ellis and Tickle are an equivalent loss to Morley and Westwood in the pack. Briers is a big loss for you, but you have better depth in this area. Ratchford is better than what we have to offer at half back to be fair.

I respect you and your thoughts.

Enjoy the game.

#34 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Agreed.

#35 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

Looking forward to a good,competitive game - from a neutrals point of view I hope for a narrow home win and a good crowd.

#36 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

A tight one, i'm not happy about the quality missing for Warrington,and I think we'll still win but only by 2. I think the bigger win will come next week at HKR.
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#37 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,735 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

All you good folk who are watching the game on telly later may well become aware of crowd noise not connected with the action on the pitch at some point.

It seems a protest against the KC Stadium Management Comittee will take place during the game after around 13 minutes. This is in response to the SMC removing Hull FC, and in particular, Johnny Whiteley photographs and memorabillia from the walls in the various hospitality and meeting rooms at the stadium in an attempt to charge Hull FC a fee to have each picture hung on the various walls.

I have no idea how many are taking part or how successful it will be but there is almost certainly going to be hundreds of Johnny Whiteley masks and photographs held up. :D

Should be quite interesting to see whether or not the Sky cameras highlight this action or if they'll ignore it. I imagine they may well have been made aware of it by now so we'll have to wait and see.

I've no idea of the significance of 13 minutes unless it's just to coincide with the shirt number Johnny wore.

It'll be entertaining if it made such an impact that the game was affected in any way, however slight that may be.

Strength of feeling against the Allams, who own both Hull City and the SMC is growing by the day. (In case you hadn't noticed. :) )

Edited by Old Frightful, 23 February 2013 - 12:15 PM.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#38 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,379 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

I like the idea of the Chubby Brown style 'Living next door to Allams' that was posted on RLFans.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#39 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

I think it will be a lot closer don't be surprised if we turn them over.

Fancy the airlie birds here 18-14

#40 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Given its now a herald of the new season that Hull FC are blighted by injuries (seriously I can't remember the last time Hull weren't banging on about injury crises) its only fair someone else gets that excuse ;)

Anyway

Come on you Hull (ack I feel unwell now)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users