League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

23/02/13 - Hull FC v Warrington Wolves - KO 5.45pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Voted Warrington Wolves (8 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

3. Draw (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

We definitely missed Holdsworth's kicking game. We spent so long in our own half it was always going to be difficult to put points on the board.

Some dodgy decisions didn't help, but that 15 mins defensive patch was criminal.

I was particularly disappointed with our kick off choices after those tries. We were chasing the game and we couldn't decide whether to go for territory or possession so we put it in the middle and got nothing!
Posted Image

#82 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

you cannot account for the officials missing a blatant knock on before a wire try.
I have said it before that Ratchford is the most naturally gifted player in SL, a pleasure to watch and has to make the England squad in the WC.

About the most hidden knock on for the officials you could ever (not) see.

Agree about Ratchford. Hope he finds his place wherever that might be. As someone said previously on here, with the ball he has a lot of the John Woods about him.

Like the look of Linehan(?) the young winger.

Really enjoyed the game, and plenty to come I think from both sides.

Hope that the forthcoming battles with the KC management are settled. Sounds very messy.
In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#83 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,662 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

About the most hidden knock on for the officials you could ever (not) see.

Westhuller doesn't mention the knock-on given against Hodgson in the first half that never was one. Didn't think the ref played any role tonight, he wasn't bad at all.

Delighted with the win, very impressed with Hull's defence and thought they looked dangerous when they got the ball. For us it was a very pleasing team display - old'uns and young'uns alike chipped in. Richie 'headless chicken' Myler was great again.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#84 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Westhuller doesn't mention the knock-on given against Hodgson in the first half that never was one. Didn't think the ref played any role tonight, he wasn't bad at all.

Delighted with the win, very impressed with Hull's defence and thought they looked dangerous when they got the ball. For us it was a very pleasing team display - old'uns and young'uns alike chipped in. Richie 'headless chicken' Myler was great again.

I never blamed the officials for our loss if you read again I actually started my post being critical about our mistakes.It all went wrong for us when O'Meley lost the ball on the first tackle in the second half and then you had two back to back sets through dropouts, but it was clear for everybody to see apart from those whose job it was to that there was a clear knock on in the build up to a try.
On a brighter note my 16 year old nephew made his debut today playing scrumhalf for Hull FC under 19's in there win against Warrington. I took him to his first ever RL game when he was eight because he was fed up with football. I can say it has to be a day that is up there with the best of my 38 years of watching Hull FC.

#85 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Hull's defence was fantastic but I'm so chuffed with our halves. We CAN play without Briers!

Also I thought Grix had a blinding game and how good is Chris Hill? He's got absolutely everything, including a great step and offload which I can't stop rewinding and playing again (on 61 minutes).

The future looks good for both sides I reckon.

#86 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

I never blamed the officials for our loss if you read again I actually started my post being critical about our mistakes.It all went wrong for us when O'Meley lost the ball on the first tackle in the second half and then you had two back to back sets through dropouts, but it was clear for everybody to see apart from those whose job it was to that there was a clear knock on in the build up to a try.
On a brighter note my 16 year old nephew made his debut today playing scrumhalf for Hull FC under 19's in there win against Warrington. I took him to his first ever RL game when he was eight because he was fed up with football. I can say it has to be a day that is up there with the best of my 38 years of watching Hull FC.

That's brilliant, you must be so proud. Great stuff.

#87 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Did the rendition of "There's only one Johnny Whiteley" to the "Winter wonderland" tune come over at all well on the telly and was anything commented on re. the current situation with the Allams?

Just wondered. :huh:

Just watched the recording of the game. It didn't come across as well on the telly despite the fact it sounded terrific inside the stadium. I don't think anybody commented on the friction between us and the SMC/Allams,

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#88 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

What's the crack with that then?

#89 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Just watched the recording of the game. It didn't come across as well on the telly despite the fact it sounded terrific inside the stadium. I don't think anybody commented on the friction between us and the SMC/Allams,

Sky probably wouldn't want to be seen to be involved in this and so their commentating clowns might have been told not to mention it.

#90 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Just about every time I see Tom Lineham play, he looks the best winger on the field - it surprised me to see his opposite number, Riley, awarded the Man of the Match award.

Tom Briscoe, on the other hand - a player I love to see in action - really disappointed me. I can understand why he let Monaghan jump unchallenged for the ball for his second try, but I can't understand why he appeared not to react at all once Monaghan had caught it! And, while I know he's played the majority of his games outside Yeaman on the left wing, he looks to me to be a naturally right-sided player (carrying the ball in his right hand, stepping infield rather than swerving outside) and is thus not being played in his best position.

He has to do better than that if he wants to represent England at the World Cup. On yesterday's showing, I'd place Lineham ahead of him and in front of other challengers such as Charnley too.

#91 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

That's brilliant, you must be so proud. Great stuff.

Yes thanks for that it proud is an understatement, I don't know what I will be like if he makes the first team.

#92 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Just about every time I see Tom Lineham play, he looks the best winger on the field - it surprised me to see his opposite number, Riley, awarded the Man of the Match award.

Tom Briscoe, on the other hand - a player I love to see in action - really disappointed me. I can understand why he let Monaghan jump unchallenged for the ball for his second try, but I can't understand why he appeared not to react at all once Monaghan had caught it! And, while I know he's played the majority of his games outside Yeaman on the left wing, he looks to me to be a naturally right-sided player (carrying the ball in his right hand, stepping infield rather than swerving outside) and is thus not being played in his best position.

He has to do better than that if he wants to represent England at the World Cup. On yesterday's showing, I'd place Lineham ahead of him and in front of other challengers such as Charnley too.

You will find a lot of FC fans agreeing with you on Briscoe he has always been criticized on his defense from a kicked ball. Lineham is going to be something special and is seen as Briscoes natural replacement when he goes to Aus.

#93 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Tom Briscoe hasn't looked as interested since all the NRL talk began.
Lineham has impressed so far, just needs a bit more tactical awareness (takes too many high risks that lose possession at the moment).
With Jason Crooks also impressing before his injury, Briscoe won't be massively missed IMO.

But it goes without saying, until Hull get a decent 7, we'll never achieve anything.
Posted Image

#94 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Didn't hear your song at all and the allam's were never mentioned once,maybe sky deliberately avoided the conflict?
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#95 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

Sky probably wouldn't want to be seen to be involved in this and so their commentating clowns might have been told not to mention it.

I did wonder whether that might be the case. Then again, it may be that they just didn't realise what it was all about.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#96 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

What's the crack with that then?

To cut a long story short, the stadium management company introduced a charge to display Hull FC memorabilia inside the KC stadium. Hull refused to pay it and said memorabilia was removed. Matters came to a head when Johnny Whiteley's photos were removed from the suite in the stadium that bears his name, which was obviously a very provocative act in our eyes. The song and the Johnny Whiteley masks and photos were in protest at that development.

#97 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

To cut a long story short, the stadium management company introduced a charge to display Hull FC memorabilia inside the KC stadium. Hull refused to pay it and said memorabilia was removed. Matters came to a head when Johnny Whiteley's photos were removed from the suite in the stadium that bears his name, which was obviously a very provocative act in our eyes. The song and the Johnny Whiteley masks and photos were in protest at that development.

Cheers....all sounds a bit 'tight' and ridiculuous, are they charging the footie team in the same manner?

#98 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

Cheers....all sounds a bit 'tight' and ridiculuous, are they charging the footie team in the same manner?

Ridiculous is the word. They are indeed charging Hull City but as the owners of Hull City and the stadium management co. are one and the same people they are essentially charging themselves.

#99 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,738 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

That's the story on the surface, I think most people are aware there is a rather bitter feud that runs beneath it.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#100 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

as the owners of Hull City and the stadium management co. are one and the same people they are essentially charging themselves.

Ah...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users