Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

24/02/13 - Salford City Reds v Hull KR - KO 6.15pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Salford City Reds (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. Voted Hull KR (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

3. Draw (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,497 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

Hull KR, by 18.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

I'm not sure that this game is a clear-cut win for KR. There were some signs at Leeds that we can get some things right. The defence was 'improved' in that we didn't just roll over and die. Two of our tries were breakaways, but that ignores the pressure put on the ball-carrier that forced the turnover. Yes, we shipped 40+ points, but there are signs of week-on-week improvement and we certainly showed commitment.

Given that, I still think we are some way off our first win, but I'll be happy with continual improvement and a level of commitment like we showed at Leeds. (Perhaps I'm just easily pleased? :) )

Not sure yet whether I'm going. The weather will be a factor, but I'm hopeful. (Mick, if you're reading this, text me. But I guess you'll be at Odsal)

Now for a prediction. KR by less than 20. Salford to score some tries. Let's say Salford 20-30 KR.

Edited by tonyXIII, 20 February 2013 - 09:06 AM.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#4 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

HKR by 8.

#5 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

I take nothing for granted. We had to work for our victory last season and will have to do the same on Sunday. There are 4 or 5 coachloads of us going down so we should have a decent away support to contribute as well.

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

I take nothing for granted. We had to work for our victory last season and will have to do the same on Sunday. There are 4 or 5 coachloads of us going down so we should have a decent away support to contribute as well.

We'll be watching in Keys. I'll drop you a text to let you know if I think you're struggling.

Reds 16 Dobbins 28.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#7 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

rovers pack will batter salford into submission led by an early contender for man of steel..............cory patterson
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#8 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

HKR by 30
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#9 brooza

brooza
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hull KR to be the least poor of the two
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Hull KR squad: Liam Salter, Omari Caro, Dale Ferguson, Graeme Horne, Adam Walker, Cory Paterson, Con Mika, Evarn Tuimavave, Kris Welham, James Green, Josh Hodgson, Mickey Paea, Keal Carlile, Craig Hall, Michael Dobson, David Hodgson, Greg Eden, Rhys Lovegrove, Lincoln Withers.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

A game to cause fans to turn off, fully expect it to be one for the fans of the clubs involved only.

Rovers win by 18

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Salford squad: Jack Murphy, Jodie Broughton, Chris Nero, Lee Jewitt, Danny Williams, Ryan McGoldrick, Marc Sneyd, Shannon McPherson, Ashley Gibson, Jordan James, Andrew Dixon, Wayne Godwin, Matty Ashurst, Ben Gledhill, Darrell Griffin, Ryan Boyle, Rhys Williams, Stephen Wild, Stuart Howarth.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Going for a Salford victory.What they must NOT do is concede a try early,concede from dummy half or concede as many penalties as they did at Leeds.
I am worried about the pace available to Hull - particularly with Hall at stand-off.
I would like to see Sneyd testing his 'bombs' on Eden and Omari Caro,something which was lacking at Headingley.How is the German winger,Keinhorst,under a high ball ?
Shame Martin Gleeson isn't in the squad but an addition to the pack is very welcome.
It would be nice to have a home win,especially if the 2 recruits from Australia are interested spectators.
If Salford can prevent the speedsters getting into their stride and deal with Dobson's kicks a victory will hopefully follow.

#14 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,857 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

A game to cause fans to turn off, fully expect it to be one for the fans of the clubs involved only.

Rovers win by 18

ill be watching it! I reckon it'll be a decent game, Salford to get some traction and even a surprise win
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#15 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

I am worried about the pace available to Hull

So you should be. But seeing as you're playing Hull KR this weekend, you can put it to the back of your mind.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#16 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,374 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

I would like to see Sneyd testing his 'bombs' on Eden and Omari Caro,something which was lacking at Headingley.How is the German winger,Keinhorst,under a high ball ?

Jimmy Keinhorst is a Leeds player on dual reg with Hunslet. I'd be a little surprised if he turned out for Hull KR this week.

The only thing I can think of is that you're confusing him with young Chis Heil at Hull KR.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#17 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

I have a feeling this might be a big win for Rovers. Their defence might not be up to much but with Dobson probing and Salford low on confidence there could be a few tries scored here. Hope I'm wrong for Tony's sake.

(Unless I have a bet, that is.)

#18 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Looks a very poor crowd.

#19 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,374 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

I have a feeling this might be a big win for Rovers. Their defence might not be up to much but with Dobson probing and Salford low on confidence there could be a few tries scored here. Hope I'm wrong for Tony's sake.

(Unless I have a bet, that is.)

Unless Ryan McGoldrick puts the frighteners on him again.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#20 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Looks a very poor crowd.

Can't be much more than a thousand there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users