Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

24/02/13 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Huddersfield Giants - KO 3.30pm

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (8 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

2. Voted Huddersfield Giants (7 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

I forgot to say a GOOD FAIR referee.... Gutted
Posted Image

#42 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Makes up for the win Wakey got a season or two back when they scored after the final whistle

#43 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Paul Anderson "The best team lost today.." fair play to him..
Posted Image

#44 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

I was in a great position to see the final no try and the pass didnt look forward to me.

Silverwood was awfull all afternoon and if he cant raise the level of his performances beyond that then he needs permanently stepping down.

If Huddersfield are table toppers and a good benchmark then Wakefield are the real deal this year and with a bit of money to spend they might just have a dig at the top teams.

#45 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Paul Anderson "The best team lost today.." fair play to him..

Giants were terrible today, possibly wont play as badly all season and indeed lucky to win...but if you can pick those points up when you play like that and win, its a good sign right?

#46 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Looking at the posts, was Silverwood fair or awful?

#47 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Gave Wakey far too much ;)

#48 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Gave Wakey far too much ;)

He was truly awfull!

Allowed Huddersfield to wrestle and hold down all day, I know every team does it to a certain extent but Hudds were allowed to do it to the extreme today.
He also held about three scrums up for ages while he pedanticaly lectured the players on how to bind the front row
missed a few head shots
Wakey never got a 50/50 all game
decision on forward pass was very poor
He did that thing that arrogant refs all do, after incensing the crowd with a blatently wrong decision he then gave a penalty for nothing almost as if to say "F*** you I'm in charge"

#49 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Translation

"He was impeccably fair for both sides, one of who adapted to the ref better" ;)

#50 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Silverwood was no different than in every other Wakey v Shudds game he refs and he seems to get them all. They bring him along for every visit like some sort of comedy mascot.
In a tight game it makes all the difference.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#51 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Who was reffing the other season to let Wakey win after the game had actually finished?

#52 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

He was truly awfull!

Allowed Huddersfield to wrestle and hold down all day, I know every team does it to a certain extent but Hudds were allowed to do it to the extreme today.
He also held about three scrums up for ages while he pedanticaly lectured the players on how to bind the front row
missed a few head shots
Wakey never got a 50/50 all game
decision on forward pass was very poor
He did that thing that arrogant refs all do, after incensing the crowd with a blatently wrong decision he then gave a penalty for nothing almost as if to say "F*** you I'm in charge"

Silverwood was no better or worse than any other ref any other week, Wakey deserved more than they got out of that game but not because of anything to do with the ref, Giants got two easy tries early on and thought they were going to have it easy all game, Wakey had a different idea and were much the better side in the second half, Their pack played really well and didn't deserve to loose, they will shock a few setts of forwards, Happy to get the points but it was every bit as hard as i expected, will need to get back up for next week.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#53 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Silverwood was no better or worse than any other ref any other week, Wakey deserved more than they got out of that game but not because of anything to do with the ref, Giants got two easy tries early on and thought they were going to have it easy all game, Wakey had a different idea and were much the better side in the second half, Their pack played really well and didn't deserve to loose, they will shock a few setts of forwards, Happy to get the points but it was every bit as hard as i expected, will need to get back up for next week.

Just goes to show how fans form different opinions. :D

#54 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Just goes to show how fans form different opinions. :D

I can see the Wakey fans frustration, I reckon it was a forward pass but i also know that as many are missed as are given, Giants were outplayed second half but it was still a forward pass, Wakey will play worse than that this season and win, they have some good forwards.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#55 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

I can see the Wakey fans frustration, I reckon it was a forward pass but i also know that as many are missed as are given, Giants were outplayed second half but it was still a forward pass, Wakey will play worse than that this season and win, they have some good forwards.

A good balanced view for a change.

#56 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Watched super league fulltime and luke robinson's pass for Jermaine McGillvary's second try is at least three metres forward, LR passes the ball before the line and JM catches it 2.5 to 3 metres after it!!! and Tim smiths pass to Lee Smith which was dissallowed looks flat at worst!!! very dissapointed....
Posted Image

#57 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

A 2 point loss means the losing team scream "cheat"

If the result had been reversed I'm sure we could think of any number of examples why the ref cheated us too.

Like giving no protection to Jerry who had to go off after one to many hits to the head letting Wakey take advantage of our reorganised defence on his wing...it's all swings and roundabouts

Simple fact is Wakey had enough chance to win the game and couldn't despite the Giants being well below par

#58 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Like giving no protection to Jerry who had to go off after one to many hits to the head letting Wakey take advantage of our reorganised defence on his wing...it's all swings and roundabouts

Simple fact is Wakey had enough chance to win the game and couldn't despite the Giants being well below par

Thought he got injured making a tackle rather than taking one?

I know it's common knowledge that Wakefield only ever beat teams when they are "below par". Looks like we now can add tight defeats to this reasoning too. Won't be long before we get a 50 - nil thrashing off a below par team.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#59 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 667 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Thought he got injured making a tackle rather than taking one?

I know it's common knowledge that Wakefield only ever beat teams when they are "below par". Looks like we now can add tight defeats to this reasoning too. Won't be long before we get a 50 - nil thrashing off a below par team.

Yep got injured tackling either Cockayne or Smith.

On the subject if injuries and reorganisation, did Kirmond come back on after his injury? If not I'm sure losing you you're captain is far more disruptive than losing a winger who has already scored a hatrick.

#60 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Depends, your late score and no score both came through the spot Jerry would have been defending

Wakey lacked composure and accuracy in the pass

The giants thought it would be an easy game and failed to respect possession or the opposition

Game was there to be won by Wakey and they failed. EoS

2 points to the giants who need to improve a lot for the next couple of games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users