League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

24/02/13 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Huddersfield Giants - KO 3.30pm

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (8 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

2. Voted Huddersfield Giants (7 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 663 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Depends, your late score and no score both came through the spot Jerry would have been defending

Wakey lacked composure and accuracy in the pass

The giants thought it would be an easy game and failed to respect possession or the opposition

Game was there to be won by Wakey and they failed. EoS

2 points to the giants who need to improve a lot for the next couple of games

I can agree with that. At one stage there was 20 minutes to go and Trinity were playing as though there were 20 seconds left

Definitely two points lost.

#62 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Huddersfield must be finally starting to become a "big club" if the refs are beginning to intervene to win them tight matches.

That's me.  I'm done.

#63 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Watched super league fulltime and luke robinson's pass for Jermaine McGillvary's second try is at least three metres forward

Eight metres forward seemed to be the Wakey consensus on RLFans last night.

That's me.  I'm done.

#64 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Depends, your late score and no score both came through the spot Jerry would have been defending

Hell of a defender then! Last score was right on the touchline, disallowed was at the side of the right hand post.

This, and your post regarding Mc's injury suggest you weren't actually at the game?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#65 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Huddersfield must be finally starting to become a "big club" if the refs are beginning to intervene to win them tight matches.

Since the inception of Super League there's been a hell of a lot of "intervention" in many on and off field areas. ;)

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#66 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,025 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#67 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Watched super league fulltime and luke robinson's pass for Jermaine McGillvary's second try is at least three metres forward, LR passes the ball before the line and JM catches it 2.5 to 3 metres after it!!! and Tim smiths pass to Lee Smith which was dissallowed looks flat at worst!!! very dissapointed....

Just watched it on SL full time but you can't tell whether or not it's a forward pass from that angle. Does go from the line to in front but it doesn't really tell you anything.

#68 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Just watched it on SL full time but you can't tell whether or not it's a forward pass from that angle. Does go from the line to in front but it doesn't really tell you anything.

It tells you that LR throws the pass just before the ten metre line and JM catches it 2.5 to 3metres after it, Robinson isn't really travelling forward that much so no momentum argument can be made.

Forward pass, end of!

I won't argue that the Smith to Smith pass was'nt forward I'd just like to see even handed refereeing especially on decisions that so acutely affect the result

Edited by OMEGA, 25 February 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#69 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

The offload to mathers for Wakey's first try looked forward from those hightlights

And every tackle wakey made in those highlights could arguably have been penalised for holding down

Ref was equallty poor for both teams it looks and Wakey lacked composure to take down the league leaders ;)

#70 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

It tells you that LR throws the pass just before the ten metre line and JM catches it 2.5 to 3metres after it, Robinson isn't really travelling forward that much so no momentum argument can be made.

He isn't really travelling forward you must be watching a different clip to me.

#71 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Difference between jerry's try and the Wakey no try = Robinson was moving forward, the wakey passer was moving sideways, if hed been going forward it might have been given and Wakey win - then again he might not have found the pass

#72 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

went to match yesterday on away side poor view for £22 not worth the money. Although match was good it was spoilt by several wakey fans in hudds end . We all like a bit of banter but I think several fans crossed the line intimidating and foul language as well as threating several hudds fans. They even tore down some poor lads hudds flag and when he went to complain they just threaten him and the boys dad quite shameful .Plenty of hudds fans were saying they wont be going to wakey next year which is a shame for both teams.
Chief Crazy Eagle

#73 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

Forward pass, end of!

I won't argue that the Smith to Smith pass was'nt forward I'd just like to see even handed refereeing especially on decisions that so acutely affect the result

Some times you have to take the brough with the smooth. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users