Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

the ten worst places....

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Only been to Oldham a couple of times, both watching Swindon Town against the Latics. No idea about it being one of the worst places in Britain but I can confirm it can be one of the coldest!
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#22 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,874 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

Only been to Oldham a couple of times, both watching Swindon Town against the Latics. No idea about it being one of the worst places in Britain but I can confirm it can be one of the coldest!

Count yourself lucky you never had the 'pleasure' of having to visit The Watersheddings. :o
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#23 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Aah The Watersheddings what a great place. I remember when the Sunday Sport sponsored a game between Oldham and Leeds in the middle of winter. You don't get sights like that these days at RL games.

#24 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Aah The Watersheddings what a great place. I remember when the Sunday Sport sponsored a game between Oldham and Leeds in the middle of winter. You don't get sights like that these days at RL games.

Chapel hat pegs?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#25 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Doesn't this partly describe the ageing process.? ;) :)

What you've written might be correct, I'll just fetch my glasses to check.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#26 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,103 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

In the 80's, Leeds centre was a dump. Liverpool was a hole.

These things turn round and today these cities are alive. Whereas places like Bradford are dead now. But it will change again.

#27 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

Chapel hat pegs?

Ohhhh yes B)

#28 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Oldham

Unluckily for those living in Oldham in Manchester, their town is the only non-London town to make it into the top eight worst places to live in the UK. According to the poll, this stems from inhabitants being dissatisfied with the amount of things to do in the area. In addition, those living in Oldham are not too impressed with the community spirit and safety of their neighbourhood.
http://www.ehow.co.u...-live.html#pg=7

The Only non-London town? Has Luton become the London Borough of Luton? Is North London and East London an actual town?
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#29 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Count yourself lucky you never had the 'pleasure' of having to visit The Watersheddings. :o

You want to try playing/watching cricket at Oldham CC - still (just about) across the road from Watersheddings or Moorside CC - even higher up.
Austerlands CC is pretty breezy as well.
Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League