Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New Stadium Rumour

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Short Stander

Short Stander
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

I was aware a few years ago that the Club possess a 99 year lease on the stadium and surrounding land and site from Kirklees Council, which gives the Club effective control of and any potential financial gain from any building development etc, within normal planning permission regulations.

Considering the ethnic make up of Kirklees Planning Committee, anything is possible with 'trade offs' of land parcels, especially in the prime location for the ethnic community of Love RL.com Stadium. I am sure that Kirklees and the local ethnic community would have some incentives on offer for the Club, but whether that is in the interests of all parties, including supporters, is a different matter.

At the moment all this is just rumour and speculation, but maybe the Club have exhausted all their possibilities of ground improvement/development, and need another source of finance/potential new home to maintain the growth and development of the Club both on and off the field.

#22 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

I think GC is correct though the covenant limits it to sport and recreational activities only, although a decent solicitor could probably get around it. Note I didn't mention Kevin I said a decent solicitor ;)

Edited by Piggy's mate, 22 February 2013 - 03:22 PM.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#23 Short Stander

Short Stander
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

The covenant as you say would not stop either Kirklees or the Club if they both had the intent to deal

#24 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

I was aware a few years ago that the Club possess a 99 year lease on the stadium and surrounding land and site from Kirklees Council, which gives the Club effective control of and any potential financial gain from any building development etc, within normal planning permission regulations.

Considering the ethnic make up of Kirklees Planning Committee, anything is possible with 'trade offs' of land parcels, especially in the prime location for the ethnic community of Love RL.com Stadium. I am sure that Kirklees and the local ethnic community would have some incentives on offer for the Club, but whether that is in the interests of all parties, including supporters, is a different matter.

At the moment all this is just rumour and speculation, but maybe the Club have exhausted all their possibilities of ground improvement/development, and need another source of finance/potential new home to maintain the growth and development of the Club both on and off the field.

Interesting! And to continue with the conspiracy theory, who is the mysterious Short Stander, and where is he getting his information from? Is this preparing us for something impending?

#25 Short Stander

Short Stander
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Not at all DD. no conspiracy theories abound unfortunately! Just logic and looking at the options the Club potentiallly have based on facts. The Dogs would not be the first club to go down this route, and looking at the support catchment area around the Mount, some would say it could be a prudent move.

I have nothing whatsoever to do with the running of the Club, just a long term supporter DD

#26 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Not at all DD. no conspiracy theories abound unfortunately! Just logic and looking at the options the Club potentiallly have based on facts. The Dogs would not be the first club to go down this route, and looking at the support catchment area around the Mount, some would say it could be a prudent move.

I have nothing whatsoever to do with the running of the Club, just a long term supporter DD

I believe you, but I like a good conspiracy theory.

#27 Short Stander

Short Stander
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Sorry to disappoint DD! Would be useful for the Club to either stamp on this rumour, or put out a statement giving some details to supporters. This thread has been going for a few days now, and I would have anticipated some official reaction

#28 Dog Faced Gremlin

Dog Faced Gremlin
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Be fair Short Stander why would the club comment on a rumour started on a message board by a person who goes under a false name which he heard from a woman at work who doesn't follow rugby?
For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

#29 Dog Faced Gremlin

Dog Faced Gremlin
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

The covenant on the Mount is held in perpetuity for the people of Batley by the Batley Corporation (now Kirklees Council). Hope this helps.
For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

#30 Short Stander

Short Stander
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Cheers DFG. I am aware though that the Club have total control over the whole Mount Pleasant site with the long term lease with Kirklees, which does empower them financially. A long term lease can commercially have the same benefits as freehold ownership. Covenants seem to fall away at times when convenient to both parties, and our ethnic neighbours certainly now qualify as 'people of Batley'!

#31 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,611 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Be fair Short Stander why would the club comment on a rumour started on a message board by a person who goes under a false name which he heard from a woman at work who doesn't follow rugby?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Far far too sensible a post for this forum.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#32 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

How many mosques do they need in Batley ?. At this rate they will have one each. Why not get help to develope the stadium further make it a centre for sporting excellance encourage fitness Get behind the British way of life Sport is important .Not all the town is obsessed with prayer. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Theres 40 in Dewsbury and Batley.

#33 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Theres 40 in Dewsbury and Batley.

Very sad times

#34 Philius T Wilderbeest

Philius T Wilderbeest
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Very sad times

And why is that? If people wish to practice a faith they believe in then what's the problem? There are also plenty of Anglican, Methodist and Catholic churches in Batley and Dewsbury. Does that also make for 'very sad times'?

#35 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

And why is that? If people wish to practice a faith they believe in then what's the problem? There are also plenty of Anglican, Methodist and Catholic churches in Batley and Dewsbury. Does that also make for 'very sad times'?

My sentiments exactly ptw

Edited by Piggy's mate, 02 March 2013 - 06:42 AM.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#36 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 762 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Very sad times

Couldn't agree more.

#37 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 524 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

Simply putting it religion to muslims goes way beyond faith it is a way of life where the ranters ridicule our way of life and preach the need for change. In Dewsbury Sharia law is already in practice and they even have their own court deciding on matters of law. Also where the mosques are situated muslims dont give a thaught to the law in regard to parking. I could go on the British way of life is slowly being eroded and people who constantly give in to thier demands will realise what a mistake it was to allow whole areas of England to become muslim ghetoes. when your wives or daughters are being told to cover heads and faces. You may laugh but in south London this is already happening. All i say is we must protect the British way of life what our grandfathers and those before them faught and died for. Dont you think 40 mosques is enough in a area the size of Batley and Dewsbury. :angry:

#38 Dog Faced Gremlin

Dog Faced Gremlin
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Sharia courts rule on religious matters and not on British law. And it's not only Muslims ignore parking laws. Try finding a disabled parking bay in that well known place of sunday worship junction 27.

#39 batley paul

batley paul
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

we live in a christian country, which is being eroded away.

#40 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

we live in a christian country, which is being eroded away.

Poo how many on here go to church or send their kids to sunday school? And isn't sunday a day of rest? We dont seem to mind our team earning a few quid on sunday! We live in a free society you ban muslims and next they will be banning scrums on homophobic grounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users