Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Amber Ribbon

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#21 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Alien boy,
good point, there are dozens of things we will need to make decisions on, the one you suggest is one of them. Lots of ideas about what needs to be done are out there. But if we try to make decisions ad hoc we are doomed to failure. We will decide on these things as and when we are established. I see the priority being getting started in the first place.

You in?

#22 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

This is an example of my problems as i cannot be there on thursday night this week as i will not be home until about 10pm from work . i think the idea of meeting in a pub is a good idea and if anybody wants to suggest a place and time that i can be there i will do so and pass on as much info as i can .

#23 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

I coach a junior rugby team and Thursday is one night I can't make.

#24 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

I would be interested in getting involved with an independant fund raising organization for the Rams. This is my first ever post but I have supported Dewsbury for a lot of years and think something like this is long overdue. Let me know when and where and lets get the ball rolling. You only have to look at the success at batley and hunslet to know that if done properly it can make a massive difference to annual playing budgets.
Ricochet!

#25 alienboy

alienboy
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

Alien boy,
good point, there are dozens of things we will need to make decisions on, the one you suggest is one of them. Lots of ideas about what needs to be done are out there. But if we try to make decisions ad hoc we are doomed to failure. We will decide on these things as and when we are established. I see the priority being getting started in the first place.

You in?

No, but thanks for asking. I will support any initiatives that you organise though.

#26 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

GFDU and Wakefield Ram can't make Thursday, and I think Coolie would prefer not to be Thursday.
Ok, lets pick a day when we can all go. So far there's me, Coolie, GFDU, Wakefield Ram, YoungUn, and ricochet. I'm open to suggestions, but let's not take too long. Let's get this going. Coolie suggested the Hammer and Stithy, the landlord is a Rams fan and would make us welcome. How about Monday?

#27 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Busy this Monday

girlfriends birthday.....

weds good for me
thursday non starter
friday non starter

Edited by coolie, 26 February 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#28 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Im out of it all weekdays but youve got my total support lads /lasses and anyone thaty cant make it can add ideas on here.

#29 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Make it next Wednesday then say 7pm? Max 1 hour?

#30 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

im good for weds for an hour

#31 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 752 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

im good for weds for an hour

OK for me, as long as it takes. I don't think you can put a time line on an inaugural meeting. Lets see what happens? Just to confirm, is this 7.00pm at the Hammer & Stithy?

#32 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

wednesday is fine by me .

#33 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

I can make it next Wednesday but not until about 7.30. Wife won't be home from work until 7.
Ricochet!

#34 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Brilliant. Lets all agree then Wednesday 6th 7.30 Hammer & Stithy. Does anyone know Daz well enough to let him know we're coming?

#35 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Yeah hes on my facebook ill let him know

#36 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,565 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Pub sorted for next weds charlie :)

#37 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

See your PM's thanks see you next week.

#38 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Ok, lets do it. You all on for Wednesday? I have, Cooloie, GFDU, Young un, Wakefield Ram, Ricochet, John N as coming, if I've missed you out, sorry, come anyway.. Anyone reading this is also invited, just come along to the Hammer and Stithy on Wednesday, I'll be there at 7pm, so as soon after that as you can. I've done a bit of work on an ethos and even a mini agenda. We'll have a chat about it on Wednesday. If there are some of you who can't make it, don't worry, we'll have more meetings and opportunities for you to join us.

#39 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 752 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

I may have to miss tonight due to work commitments that have I have just been informed of. If things change I will let you know. It may be I arrive a litte late. If I don't make it, please accept my apologies and good luck for tonight. I am still very eager to be involved.

#40 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Is the pub open before 7, think my bus gets me there about half sixish
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users