Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Amber Ribbon

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#41 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Think it will be john

#42 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Bus! Yeah right John. It's not so you can get to the bar first eh?
See you there mate.
:)

#43 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Sorry, just leaving work and work to do tonight so will have to miss meeting. Still happy to help, suggest next thing to do is meet BISSA and pick an event that is easy to organise and make a decent return. Start simple.

#44 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Start simple.

Coolie yer wanted

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#45 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

As the rams forums no 1 contributor I expect you will be there PM?
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#46 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

If your standing the first round john count me in owt for a good cause

Edited by Piggy's mate, 06 March 2013 - 06:39 PM.

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#47 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

The meeting went ahead. Very positive. The Amber Ribbon was born.
We just set out general ideas and aims and hope this is the beginning of something we can all enjoy and benefit DRLFC at the same time.
Watch out for news of future events, please come and support us, we can only make this work if everyone with the Rams at heart joins in.

#48 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

The meeting went ahead. Very positive. The Amber Ribbon was born.
We just set out general ideas and aims and hope this is the beginning of something we can all enjoy and benefit DRLFC at the same time.
Watch out for news of future events, please come and support us, we can only make this work if everyone with the Rams at heart joins in.

Glad the meeting went well,i will be supporting The Amber Ribbon when ever possible.I would had put my name down,but working shifts makes it hard to get to meetings,but will help out when possible.Ones a ram,always a ram.

#49 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,077 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

You now need the backing of the club and to be allowed to have an open meeting to "officially" launch the new venture at the club, you really need to hit the local papers hard for a couple of weeks beforehand.

#50 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

After a very constructive meeting on Wednesday night, the newly formed “Amber Ribbon” is looking to meet and greet like-minded individuals who would be keen to help support the aims of the group. Namely to generate much needed funds to help support the Dewsbury Rams.
The group is not affiliated with the club however its aims are to assist the club financially in any way it can.
If you would like to know a little more about the groups aims/ethos we will be meeting informally at Hanging Heaton Club on Wednesday 13th March from 7.30pm to answer any questions you might have, and to take names of anyone who would like to get involved in the fund raising effort.
We will definitely be looking for people to form a committee, but anyone with an interest in the Rams is welcome to come along and share there thoughts/ideas with us.
If on the night you decide you would like to become a member of the group we are asking for a one-off joining fee of £3, to generate some working capital for our fledgling projects.

We hope to arrange an official Launch Party in the near future once we have a more formal structure/constitution in place.

Happy to take PM's (private messages, not Piggys Mate :D ) from anyone wanting further info.

#51 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

You could start at the very least by getting a facebook group going, getting a sticky in this thread and getting the club on board.

It would add at least a face and direction to 'Amber ribbon'

Re the part on affiliation has the club made you write that?

Also, you need a paypal account or something, set one up and I'll flick you £3, would rather my money was there than in a glass at a bar.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#52 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 803 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

Read on the main forum how much lissa have just given Leigh 15k and the target for the season is 40k. Thats a chunk of money, im not sure what the shortfall from Eric france is but getting anywhere near that would be fantastic.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#53 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

Well its time to get behind this project
A body totally away from the club
run by the fans for the fans to help take the
club forward..bissa at batley has done wonders
and im sure if the fans get behind this we together can make it work.

#54 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,038 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Well its time to get behind this project
A body totally away from the club
run by the fans for the fans to help take the
club forward..bissa at batley has done wonders
and im sure if the fans get behind this we together can make it work.

Agreed. Get the formalities sorted out and you will have my support.

;)
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#55 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

We should hopefully have a membership roster and bank account set up in the next few weeks.

As for a web presence, We would certainly like to have our own web-site with a members area.
and the associated facebook/twitter links.
Any offers of help on this front are always appreciated.

#56 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 770 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Sure my old man'll have me doing that!

#57 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

old man , mnnnn

#58 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Lol tom you was supposed to contact me lol
regarding the facebook site lol

think ya old man forgot in all his excitement lol

#59 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

I've been talking through a nuimber of fund raising ideas that we can discuss at this Wednesdays meeting (7.30Pm at HHWMC) for anybody that wants to come along and see what The Amber Ribbon hopes to achieve. The challenge is for all true Rams fans to get behind this venture even if that means you can only commit to becoming a member and parting with £3 to help build an initial fund.

Anyone out there with good ideas or a fund raising background would be most welcome. Thanks also to the guys from BISSA who attended our inaugural meeting and offered their support and will continue to help us get this thing off the ground. They have ten years experience behind them so can help us avoid any potential pitfalls.
Ricochet!

#60 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Il be there wednesday, just thought id let you all know :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users