Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Amber Ribbon

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#101 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

I've PM'd you Flying 5.

#102 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

In order to complement, support, endorse and publicise the efforts of the Amber Ribbon, a website is being designed and will become live in due course.

I believe the website would better serve if it was more than a simple portal into the goings on of the Amber Ribbon. With that in mind I envisage a supporters website which encompasses many things surrounding the club, past present and future.

For now I have complete and free reign over what goes into the website and so I offer to any fans (of any club) if you have any ideas or can fulfil any of the following roles/contributions:

1. Match reports - I am not looking for people looking to take over the BBC sports department, just a simple review from a normal average person. The only requirement is that the report is subjective (i.e unbiased) You can write it however you want, and call a spade a spade wherever you feel necessary. It does need keeping clean obviously. If you would like to do this, but would rather remain anonymous then I am happy to provide anonymity.

2. Fans perspective - What do you think of the club, its direction, certain rules etc... This is the area for fans to let rip, the only thing I ask is that no player is singled out brutally. It's one thing saying you believe Glenn Morrison has a lot to learn, buts it's another altogether saying that Pryce is a waste of space. I am sure we all know that things can often be said, without them actually being said  - This is the place for that. But otherwise - Say what you think.

3. Away games - It would help if there was a part of the site where we could nail down away game formalities such as prices, best place to stand/sit. Do the gate staff allow you to snide a bottle of vodka in? Or are they confiscating crisps of kids? Did you have to re-mortgage your house for a pie? This is a supporters website, lets help each other out.

4. Nostalgia - The great thing about our club is that some of the fans go back to before the game was even invented and so have a wealth of nostalgic history to share. This can include photographs, memorabilia, memories. I would love to hear about how your dad threw you over the wall as a kid and how you used to scratch your name into the woodwork. Genuinely, the site can not have enough of old time stories and nostalgia. Got a photograph of a game and you cant remember it? Or a player? Or even just a photograph? Get it emailed and lets put it on the site for others to see.

5. Old programs - If you have an old programme, and there is an ancient article in there, lets have it reproduced on the website.

6. Player Profiles - These need writing, they dont have to be professional and can be funny, or serious, or both.

7. Stats - This is for someone who goes to every game, both home and away. I am hoping to start a stats page where we can see scoring averages, including attendances.

The above are some ideas, but I am hoping others can come up with more. I know its early days, but this website can be used by the fans to garner knowledge, statistics, information, history and just what our club is about. And then, perhaps they would like to contribute to the future of the club through the Amber Ribbon.

No idea will be disregarded or ridiculed and so either publicly, or via PM - Fire away. But please remember, for this to work others are going to have to get involved, and this is your opportunity to have your work/views/moans/compliments published.

Thanks in advance.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#103 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

Today, we received our first jam jar back filled with coins. For more info email amberribbon@hotmail.co.uk.

Edited by Flying 5, 12 May 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#104 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,049 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

Today, we received our first jam jar back filled with coins. For more info email amberribbon@hotmail.co.uk.

Until this post I'd never heard of these jam jars. Is the club organising your publicity for you by any chance?

B)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#105 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

Hi BSJ.

OK, fair enough - we've been pretty quiet so far.

But you'll notice us being a lot more active in the weeks and months ahead.

In the mean time, if you want any more info, email: amberribbon@hotmail.co.uk

Are you going to join our effort?

#106 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,049 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Hi BSJ.

OK, fair enough - we've been pretty quiet so far.

But you'll notice us being a lot more active in the weeks and months ahead.

In the mean time, if you want any more info, email: amberribbon@hotmail.co.uk

Are you going to join our effort?

I will happily subscribe when I know how to do so.

I'm not criticising you lot by the way, I admire your determination and energy - there are loads of good ideas coming out, the tricky bit is putting them into effect.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#107 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 779 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Great ideas there. Sounds like the Amber Ribbon website will be fantastic!

I'm going to be helping AR out with the PR side of things, but I'm pretty busy with the official website the rest of my free time. Will help out if I can and feel free to lift any info or content you need from the official website while you're plugging the gaps with your own stuff.

Steve Horsfall is the man to speak to about current photographs, although I'm sure our very own Roger Ram can provide you with some pics too.

#108 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

Great ideas there. Sounds like the Amber Ribbon website will be fantastic!

I'm going to be helping AR out with the PR side of things, but I'm pretty busy with the official website the rest of my free time. Will help out if I can and feel free to lift any info or content you need from the official website while you're plugging the gaps with your own stuff.

Steve Horsfall is the man to speak to about current photographs, although I'm sure our very own Roger Ram can provide you with some pics too.

Thanks Tom thats greatly appreciated.

I've had a couple of PM's which are from enthusiastic fans looking to chip in where they can, but I'm also hoping for some of the regulars on here to get involved too.

Though I am getting the site up and running, ultimately it will be run by the AR for the benefit of the club and Dewsbury Supporters.

Edited by funkmaster flex, 12 May 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#109 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 779 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Credit to you for giving up your time to do this. Fantastic to see fans joining the collective effort for the good of our club.  B)

#110 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

Web-sites are always a contencious issue.

Supporters often dismay at the fact the RAMS website is so out of date. (partly because of the generic nature of the site, including match fixtures generated by the RFL, and partly because things like the 40th Anniversary Dinner werent posted months ago)

And yet it acts as the perfect medium for national exposure.

FF's suggestions are exactly what is needed, but it needs a commitment from those who put themselves forward to follow through and commit the time and effort.

Please dont let AR become another damp squib, if you are willing/able then get in touch with FF/The Amber Ribbon asap.

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#111 Ramemhard

Ramemhard
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

Would it not be better to have the amber ribbon as part of the main site so all info is in 1 place??

#112 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 779 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

The Amber Ribbon is an independent organisation, so it'd be inappropriate for it to be 'housed' within the official website.

#113 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

I'm not criticising you lot by the way, I admire your determination and energy - there are loads of good ideas coming out, the tricky bit is putting them into effect.

I have banged this drum before with regard to squadbuilder - several times and without response from the club. I already contribute to SB and DREMA, and although I can't commit to more, there are times when finances would stretch to an ad hock donation, so I would like to see some kind of donation box in the stadium bars. Also, I think people become quite generous after a good result and a few pints of dizzyade, and such boxes could be quite lucrative at minimal outlay. I am sure there are others in the same position, where you might contribute the odd tenner, but might think twice if you had to go through the rigmarole of paying into an account. Sorry if this is already in operation or under consideration.

#114 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,049 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

I have banged this drum before with regard to squadbuilder - several times and without response from the club. I already contribute to SB and DREMA, and although I can't commit to more, there are times when finances would stretch to an ad hock donation, so I would like to see some kind of donation box in the stadium bars. Also, I think people become quite generous after a good result and a few pints of dizzyade, and such boxes could be quite lucrative at minimal outlay. I am sure there are others in the same position, where you might contribute the odd tenner, but might think twice if you had to go through the rigmarole of paying into an account. Sorry if this is already in operation or under consideration.

I think Halifax have this sort of system in operation every two years or so, but they just use buckets.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#115 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

We're trying hard in so many areas with so few of us. Again, brilliant ideas. The more of us there are, the more we can do. We are currently 4, we need more committee members. Anyone up for it?

#116 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

I think Halifax have this sort of system in operation every two years or so, but they just use buckets.

And yet there they are flying high in the league despite their profligate ways, and here we are, well managed but struggling and up the creek if relegation comes knocking. Maybe bucket collections is the way to go. :rolleyes: Seriously though, I can't be the only one who would chuck in their spare cash for the cause if only it was so simple. Even scratchcards would solve the dilemma of the occasional donor.

#117 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

i live donors, especially with salad and chilli sauce

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#118 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

No tricks about it BSJ.

The website will offer you 2 ways of subscribing without ever leaving your chair, either online through a payment system, or directly through Paypal, via the website.

So don't lose your enthusiasm for the AR, just sit back, relax, crack open a Tetleys and things will come to you :)

#119 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,049 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

Happy to wait for the web site if necessary but can I pick up a leaflet/form anywhere tonight without having to go into the bar afterwards?

I'm one of those "disloyal" fans who don't stay on after the match.

:angel:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#120 The Amber Ribbon

The Amber Ribbon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

We have already smashed through the £1,000 raised barrier, but we're eager to raise more. If you can help, email amberribbon@hotmail.co.uk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users