TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

The Amber Ribbon

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#121 The Amber Ribbon

The Amber Ribbon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

We have more than 40 members, but we are always looking for more. If you'd like to join for just £3 a year, email amberribbon@hotmail.co.uk.

#122 The Amber Ribbon

The Amber Ribbon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

We have a constitution, a chairman, treasurer, secretary and auditor. If you can help take us forward, email amberribbon@hotmail.co.uk

#123 The Amber Ribbon

The Amber Ribbon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

We produce a newsletter keeping those interested informed of our activities. If you'd like to receive it, email amberribbon@hotmail.co.uk.

#124 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

Just a quick update. I've had a sneak preview of the website - it's brilliant. Very professional, very well structured, caters for all we need and more. It's informative interactive and even does your ironing (that bit's a lie) but it is very very good. 

When it goes live, get behind the Amber Ribbon, tell your mates, tell everyone it's worth a visit.

The AR owe a great deal to one individual, who stepped up to the plate. Thanks ... you know who you are.

We need someone with website skills to take this forward for us. If the site is to be used to it's full potential it needs the skills it deserves. We need one of you lot to come forward and take up the reins. I'm told the commitment would only be about an hour a week.

So come on. Who's prepared to help.

#125 The Amber Ribbon

The Amber Ribbon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

What a great win last night! The Amber Ribbon has a lot of fundraising ideas but are always pleased to hear new ones. If you can help us plan an event, organise a function or suggest a venue, email amberribbon@hotmail.co.uk.

#126 Ramireztheram

Ramireztheram
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

Well amber ribbon I commend your recent efforts. You have very much birthed yourself into the digital age and embraced the internet. Since my last post you have created an active facebook/twitter page and your well on the way to going live with a website well done. Now let’s connect with the non internet connected generation. I’m more than willing to put my many printers into action to print out whatever you need regards hand out newsletters for game days. Let’s drop a sheet onto every table in the royal suite for the supporters to read. You AR guys know who I am now so if you want anything printing out in bulk let me know.

#127 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

The website is now live, and as with all new things there is bound to be teething problems from elusive spelling mistakes to broken links.

Any feedback will help put things right, if you have issues seeing the whole screen simply hold down CTRL and scroll the wheel on your mouse to adjust it.

http://www.amberribbon.org.uk

Please post any issues in this thread, but also things you particularly like or you feel could be expanded.
We are also looking for anyone who feels they can offer anything for the site from photographs to match reports to even running it as I will be handing it over in due course.

Enjoy :)

Edited by funkmaster flex, 18 May 2013 - 02:24 PM.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#128 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

I know that BISSA are much further down the road than you guys but this is very interesting and might be an idea the next time around:

http://www.totalrl.c...le-header-trip/

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#129 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

The website is now live, and as with all new things there is bound to be teething problems from elusive spelling mistakes to broken links.

Any feedback will help put things right, if you have issues seeing the whole screen simply hold down CTRL and scroll the wheel on your mouse to adjust it.

http://www.amberribbon.org.uk

Please post any issues in this thread, but also things you particularly like or you feel could be expanded.
We are also looking for anyone who feels they can offer anything for the site from photographs to match reports to even running it as I will be handing it over in due course.

Enjoy :)

#130 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

Take what you want flex. My gallery

#131 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Take what you want flex. My gallery

Excellent, thank you!

#132 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Just visited the site it's brilliant. Please guys give it a look you will be impressed. 

#133 The Amber Ribbon

The Amber Ribbon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

We recently launched our 'Spread and Save' scheme. Fill up your jam jar with loose change and all funds generated will be put towards supporting the club. We've already had jars back! For more info visit www.amberribbon.org.uk.

#134 legin

legin
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

any chance someone with leaflets etc behind north stand please ?

#135 The Amber Ribbon

The Amber Ribbon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

The Amber Ribbon has an information booth behind the South Stand on most home match days and committee members are present in the Royal Suite after games. Why not come and say hello?

#136 The Amber Ribbon

The Amber Ribbon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

As an added incentive for 'Spread and Save' participants, prizes will be awarded to those who return their jars first and raise the most money. Fill one jar and get another one (filled with jam!) for free.

#137 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Whys it called the Amber Ribbon, out of interest?

No mention of Red or Black and not sure what the Ribbon bit is about?
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#138 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Its a phrase from a long standing Dewsbury Anthem sung in the South Stand

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#139 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

Whys it called the Amber Ribbon, out of interest?
No mention of Red or Black and not sure what the Ribbon bit is about?

It's something that is sung in the south stand on game day, "she wore an amber ribbon, she wore it for her lover and he played for Dewsbury"
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#140 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

Can anyone explain why there is a page dedicated to the Batley club, with several sly digs and sarky comments included?

Yes I'm aware there is a spoof site mocking Dewsbury, which I suspect has been created by an independent Batley fan. However that person/s have done this independently. It doesn't feature on the club official site or the BISSA one and never will.

All this does is make the AR look like a bit of a joke with little credibility, which I suspect is the total opposite of your objectives as a supposedly serious fundraising organisation. If you feel that the best way to attract members is to mock a rival club then you really need to have a good think about what your doing. Surely you can think of much worthier initiatives to attract support. If not then you need to look at finding a better committee.

This isn't the comments of a defensive batley fan. I'm just shocked that an actual affiliated organisation would consider this appropriate. Funny for Rams fans more than likely, but hardly representative of an organisation with a serious and professional intent.

Shame really as the rest of the website looks great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users