The Amber Ribbon

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#161 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

It's something that is sung in the south stand on game day, "she wore an amber ribbon, she wore it for her lover and he played for Dewsbury...... before signing for Fev :lol:

"

:dance:  :laugh:

#162 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

The current AR constitution clearly makes reference to the organisation reflecting the wishes of the membership. If you are a member you don't need to try work out the image, ethos, what is, or is not appropriate. The AR belongs to you, tell us what you think, I promise, we will listen.

When the AR was formed, the constitution was deliberately basic, we want the AR to grow and develop in line with what the members want.

As I said earlier, it was never our intention to offend anyone,  if we have, I apologise. It was intended as a tongue in cheek giggle, if it appears to some of you to be in bad taste, we will amend it.

We will soon be asking for contributions from the members to be posted on the site.

BTW Piggy's mate, the AR is totally independent of the Rams.

I have openly, and personally, thanked BISSA for their help on this project, we want to be rivals on the field and friends off it.

Please, don't let this misunderstanding spoil anything. We have worked hard to get to where we are, thanks to those who have helped.

Charlie. 

#163 The Amber Ribbon

The Amber Ribbon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

The Amber Ribbon produces a newsletter keeping those interested informed of our activities and projects. If you'd like to receive the newsletter, email amberribbon@hotmail.co.uk.

#164 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

It's something that is sung in the south stand on game day, "she wore an amber ribbon, she wore it for her lover and he played for Dewsbury...... before signing for Fev :lol: "

It's something that is sung in the south stand on game day, "she wore an amber ribbon, she wore it for her lover and he played for Dewsbury...... before signing for Fev :lol: "

Thats a better PM,  deffo a Piggy's Mate classic

#165 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

Featherstone Away is updated.

Slowly, but surely we are getting there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#166 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Unfortunately true :lol:
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#167 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

The current AR constitution clearly makes reference to the organisation reflecting the wishes of the membership. If you are a member you don't need to try work out the image, ethos, what is, or is not appropriate. The AR belongs to you, tell us what you think, I promise, we will listen.

When the AR was formed, the constitution was deliberately basic, we want the AR to grow and develop in line with what the members want.

As I said earlier, it was never our intention to offend anyone,  if we have, I apologise. It was intended as a tongue in cheek giggle, if it appears to some of you to be in bad taste, we will amend it.

We will soon be asking for contributions from the members to be posted on the site.

BTW Piggy's mate, the AR is totally independent of the Rams.

I have openly, and personally, thanked BISSA for their help on this project, we want to be rivals on the field and friends off it.

Please, don't let this misunderstanding spoil anything. We have worked hard to get to where we are, thanks to those who have helped.

Charlie. 

Given BISSA's generous help in getting the website off the ground and the positive comments from some Batley supporters, I can understand why feathers might have been ruffled by that article - amusing as it was. Maybe the balance could be redressed by allowing the dogs the right of reply  - I'm sure the totally impartial piggy would be only too pleased to give his take on the rams stadium. ;)  

Unlike BSJ I haven't contributed yet (end of the financial month complications), but I intend doing so in the next few days.

#168 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

Just been on the website and and paid my money to become a member,finally got round to doing it ! Lets get as many members as we can.

#169 The Amber Ribbon

The Amber Ribbon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Sunday was a huge success and we now have 57 members. If you'd like to join us, visit our website at www.amberribbon.org.uk, come and see us behind the South Stand before matches or in the Royal Suite afterwards.

Edited by The Amber Ribbon, 28 May 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#170 The Amber Ribbon

The Amber Ribbon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

There's a meeting of the committee tomorrow (7.30). Come along and learn about what we're up to. It's at the Hammer & Stithy pub in Ossett.

Edited by The Amber Ribbon, 28 May 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#171 The Amber Ribbon

The Amber Ribbon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

We are now accepting PayPal payments through our website, which means you can sign up online! Visit www.amberribbon.org.uk and look for the 'Donate' button.

#172 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 949 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

Given BISSA's generous help in getting the website off the ground and the positive comments from some Batley supporters, I can understand why feathers might have been ruffled by that article - amusing as it was. Maybe the balance could be redressed by allowing the dogs the right of reply  - I'm sure the totally impartial piggy would be only too pleased to give his take on the rams stadium. ;)  
Unlike BSJ I haven't contributed yet (end of the financial month complications), but I intend doing so in the next few days.

For the record BISSA have NOT helped get the website off the ground. BISSA have had no involvement in the website at all.
Colin Bottomley BISSA Chairman.
WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#173 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

I think FF has to be congratulated for his involvement I think :wizard:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#174 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

I think FF has to be congratulated for his involvement I think :wizard:

The Amber Ribbon started out as an idea amongst a few committed Dewsbury Fans, within just ten weeks they have formed a committee, constitution, created a membership program, grown to 60 members, have accrued donations of over £1000 and have an online presence through Facebook, twitter and their own website (which has already gained substantial donations/memberships) Reviews to myself have been almost completely positive regarding the website, with just a handful of Batley fans finding fault (which is expected given our rivalry (despite it being obvious banter))

What the AR has achieved so far is nothing short of fantastic, and every member of the Amber Ribbon, from those that donated a jar of coppers, to those who subscribe, to those who throw twenty pence in a bucket on match day, right up to the committee that are pushing it forward should all be commended for their efforts, time and belief.

The reality is you didn't like an article written in the form of an opinion on the website - Get over it. Or perhaps you'd like to join the Amber Ribbon here (just £3 per year)

Though I have now handed over control of the website to the Amber Ribbon committee I do still have an ability (and permission) to update various parts of the website and so I invite you to write a fans perspective of an away day at Dewsbury, something which (subject to content) I am happy to submit to the committee for publication on their website.

FF

#175 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

I had an issue with a particular member of security staff, but can confirm that member off staff no longer works at Dewsbury and any issues I had are now long resolved :)

#176 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

I assume this means you will neither post a warning to the conditions likely to be met at Dewsbury or remove the unwarranted slur on Sue Winner and her team off Helpers. Your prerogative. On a different matter any news on the committee meeting held tonight. I am not sure if members are to be kept informed or not.

Sue, Brian and Dan et all do a wonderful job and along with Jimmy helped create and continue to run one of the best junior set ups in the game. They are a genuine credit to Batley and to the sport itself.
- As the article alluded to.

With that in mind I think you should stop trying to detract from the success of the Amber Ribbon and find fault where there is none.

Edited by funkmaster flex, 29 May 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#177 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

T

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#178 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

The Website is a welcome addition and im sure the AR appreciate the effort but rising to Doc's troll bait ?

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#179 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

I assume this means you will neither post a warning to the conditions likely to be met at Dewsbury or remove the unwarranted slur on Sue Winner and her team off Helpers. Your prerogative. On a different matter any news on the committee meeting held tonight. I am not sure if members are to be kept informed or not.

As stated on Twitter, everybody is invited to come along. You don't even have to be a member.

I'm not a committee member and I wasn't there last night, but I know that one of the items due to be discussed was the production of a newsletter to complement the daily Facebook and Twitter updates.

#180 The Amber Ribbon

The Amber Ribbon
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

We enjoyed a very successful committee meeting yesterday evening and The Amber Ribbon continues to move forward. Thanks for your support so far!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users