RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

flood lights for tomorrow

premier sports

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

http://www.nwemail.c...ferrerPath=home

From £27,600 to rent of sky to £500 to rent of PS that is one hell of a difference,

surely this must be a misprint, if not why such the huge difference?

#2 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Good news...I think the difference in cost is the type of light and the height they can go..the lights sky provided were daylight and reached a height of around 20 meters i believe, these lights will probably white light and reach about 5 to 7 meters. With PS saying they can adjust the cameras anyway is great news for the viewer and we in the terrace might even be able to see the game when the sun goes down...lol
From a lost gate to hopefully banking a few coffers..

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#3 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

The lighting generators reach 9 meters but the lux level will need to be checked. The cost for the lighting towers is less than half of what has been advertised in the NWEM.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#4 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

Nice one they are taller than I imagined. I'm assuming the floodlights will be on as well to cover the Center of the pitch.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: premier sports

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users