Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

BBC article - Utter utter RUBBISH

Britain London ethnic minority census white

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
271 replies to this topic

#181 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,462 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Because to prove that you are one you need to pull the sword from the stone.

Most Celts are reasonably well-blessed in the sword-and-two-stones department. ; )

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#182 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,599 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Most Celts are reasonably well-blessed in the sword-and-two-stones department. ; )

yes but are the men?
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#183 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,462 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

yes but are the men?

I'll have to ask one ....

[disappears for 30 seconds and returns].

Yes, effing enormous
;) B)

#184 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,462 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Do you know, the President of Romania was on the TV news the other night, and I was really impressed with him. apparently the great majority of his emigrating countrymen will be going to Germany and we've nothing much to worry about.

Oh dear:
http://www.dailymail...just-years.html

#185 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,908 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Without the obvious hyperbole, your statement is fundamentally true. Middle class people who don't live amongst ethnic minorities tend only to come into contact with them at work or through spokespersons for those communities. Such ethnic-origin work-contacts are generally reasonable people who have a career/job and are fully integrated. Spokespersons for such groups are often much more educated and reasonable than the bulk of the people they represent.

Just because the St Patrick's Church charity and Catholic Schools in Bradford are run by nice people, it doesn't mean that all the gypsies and RC residents on rough housing estates are nice people as well.

Sayeeda Warsi is, in my opinion an excellent role model and spokesperson for the muslim community. She's from Dewsbury but she's certainly not typical of many of the residents in Saviletown.

The same could easily be applied if you remove the references to ethnicity or religion. In fact what you have said is just an example of class prejudice, or plain snobbery.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#186 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,908 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Do you know, the President of Romania was on the TV news the other night, and I was really impressed with him. apparently the great majority of his emigrating countrymen will be going to Germany and we've nothing much to worry about.

Oh dear:
http://www.dailymail...just-years.html

<_< The daily wail. I think it may be safer if that is taken with a hefty pinch of this:

Posted Image
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#187 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,305 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Without the obvious hyperbole, your statement is fundamentally true. Middle class people who don't live amongst ethnic minorities tend only to come into contact with them at work or through spokespersons for those communities. Such ethnic-origin work-contacts are generally reasonable people who have a career/job and are fully integrated. Spokespersons for such groups are often much more educated and reasonable than the bulk of the people they represent.

Therefore Sainstlass (St Helens - 98% white) is not allowed to comment.

I'm glad we agree.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#188 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,305 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

<_< The daily wail. I think it may be safer if that is taken with a hefty pinch of this:

Posted Image

Crystal meth?
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#189 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,908 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Crystal meth?

That would explain a lot of what is written on here. :unsure:

#190 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,462 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

Therefore Sainstlass (St Helens - 98% white) is not allowed to comment.

I'm glad we agree.

Not at all. I'm sure that, unlike some on this board, she's willing to accept the inferences and validity of other peoples more-direct experiences and accept that, in some instances the other person may be right.

#191 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,462 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

The same could easily be applied if you remove the references to ethnicity or religion. In fact what you have said is just an example of class prejudice, or plain snobbery.

So presumably we can expect you to be moving to Toxteth or Burnage anytime soon. Not to do so would be just pure snobbery.

#192 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,908 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

So presumably we can expect you to be moving to Toxteth or Burnage anytime soon. Not to do so would be just pure snobbery.

If the world had to follow your logic I would. I don't know about Burnage, but I wouldn't mind living in Toxteth. :rolleyes:

#193 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,349 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

" retains many original features" proof that the popular image of scousers is wrong?

#194 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

I'm usually thought of as one of the leftie liberals on here. About 18 months ago, I moved out to Brussels, a city that has gone through wave after wave of mass immigration and is still evolving massively today.

I must admit immigration does have a dramatic effect here, both on the local language and the general feel of the city. Many immigrants hardly make any effort to learn the language, integrate with the local culture and many of them contribute nothing in taxes.

But that's enough about the British and Irish expat community...

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#195 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,462 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

If the world had to follow your logic I would. I don't know about Burnage, but I wouldn't mind living in Toxteth. :rolleyes:

Has a local drug dealer got sent down?

#196 MikeW

MikeW
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

many of them contribute nothing in taxes.

How does that work? Are there a lot of unemployed Brits/Irish in Brussels or do they have special tax dispensation?

#197 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,908 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Has a local drug dealer got sent down?

I admire your style; I challenge one stereotype and you bounce straight back with another. B)

#198 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

How does that work? Are there a lot of unemployed Brits/Irish in Brussels or do they have special tax dispensation?

EU officials and those holding diplomatic status don't pay tax to Belgian authorities.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#199 MikeW

MikeW
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

EU officials and those holding diplomatic status don't pay tax to Belgian authorities.

I see, thank you. Very interesting, I did not know that. Does that have an effect on the local amenities, or are they paid for from the Belgium equivalent of council tax? Is this something that annoys your average Brusseler (sic), as the number of non tax payers per capita must be massive? If the European parliament was somewhere in Britain there would be DM articles about the gravy train on a weekly basis.

#200 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,462 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Many immigrants hardly make any effort to learn the language, integrate with the local culture and many of them contribute nothing in taxes.

But that's enough about the British and Irish expat community...

They've thus managed to simultaneously sponge off the British and Belgian governments. Expect a deluge of letters postmarked Bradford and London, asking exactly how this can be done.