Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

BBC article - Utter utter RUBBISH

Britain London ethnic minority census white

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
271 replies to this topic

#241 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,865 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

The impact on the life of the child determines that. Not having a clitoris is a big deal not having a foreskin isn't.

http://hpq.sagepub.c...t/7/3/329.short

the traditional method of malinfant circumcision is the sharpened thumbnail of the rabbi.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#242 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,979 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

the traditional method of malinfant circumcision is the sharpened thumbnail of the rabbi.

I heard about the short sighted rabbi. He got the sac.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#243 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,865 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

But you can't just lump things together like that. Mutilation of girls genitals is an unacceptable practice - end of story. It doesn't make it less so because someone else does a differing practice - which as NS points out, is hardly life changing.

correct

so should the mutilation of baby boys. How do they benefit from it. And yo are way out of line if you conclude tat I think that female circumcision is ameliorated by the fact that bots are circumcided. It is an evil practice. You have missed my point.
Keeping it local

#244 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,162 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

I agree that this should be criminalised, if they must circumcise then they should do it properly.

#245 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,162 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

correct

so should the mutilation of baby boys. How do they benefit from it. And yo are way out of line if you conclude tat I think that female circumcision is ameliorated by the fact that bots are circumcided. It is an evil practice. You have missed my point.

Circumcision is / was routine among non-Jews in the USA and Australia. It is supposed to be more hygienic / healthy for the child (plus any potential partners). It is not just a bit of barbarity like female genital mutilation.

#246 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,858 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

it isn't 'as bad', but that doesn't justify it, especially considering what the consequences can be. It's till genital mutiltion for no reason that is beneficial to the child.

I'm circumcised and don't really consider myself mutilated. I prefer to be circumcised than not and so does my fiancée. Of course I'm assuming the procedure was carried out in a hospital using sterile instruments.

Female genital mutilation is a whole different ball game.
Fides invicta triumphat

#247 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'm circumcised and don't really consider myself mutilated. I prefer to be circumcised than not and so does my fiancée. Of course I'm assuming the procedure was carried out in a hospital using sterile instruments.

Was the circumcision performed for medical reasons (I'm assuming it was done when you were a young child as you don't seem certain of how/where it was carried out)?
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#248 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,858 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Was the circumcision performed for medical reasons (I'm assuming it was done when you were a young child as you don't seem certain of how/where it was carried out)?

I really don't know and its not something I've ever asked my father. I'm assuming it was done as a matter of course shortly after my birth. I didn't think it was that unusual until I was intimate with a young lady who had been around the block a few times who remarked that she hadn't seen a cut one before.
Fides invicta triumphat

#249 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,059 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Nah. It's the Gloucester variation on earmarking a sheep.

;) :)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#250 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,865 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

I agree that this should be criminalised, if they must circumcise then they should do it properly.

it is impossible to do this 'properly' since rabbis aren't clinically trained, qualified or equipped, and the procedure isn't carried out for the health benefit of the child: there have been major health issues relating to this.
Keeping it local

#251 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,865 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

nobody is saying it is the 'same ball game' see previous posts.

The circumcision you will have undergone, bears little resemblance to ritual circumcision

You will have been circumcised for reasons relating to your ehalth and well being, not part of a religious ritual.

It will have been carrid out by trained qualified health care professionals, under proper clinical conditions, with anaesthesia and pain relief and coprrect after care.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 02 March 2013 - 05:55 PM.

Keeping it local

#252 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

I am too and for some strange reason strongly wish it had not been done. Maybe its the loss of all those pleasure nerve endings that i mourn!

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#253 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,033 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

I am too and for some strange reason strongly wish it had not been done. Maybe its the loss of all those pleasure nerve endings that i mourn!

Can I just say this thread is rapidly heading down the road marked "WAY too much information"
God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#254 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Can I just say this thread is rapidly heading down the road marked "WAY too much information"

As long as we don't get photos I'm just about fine.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#255 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,979 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

As long as we don't get photos I'm just about fine.

:D

#256 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Well chaps, there is a lot of evidence the male circumcision is good for women, so the cruellest cut may have to become more widespread.

On a lighter note:-

Posted Image

#257 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,865 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Well chaps, there is a lot of evidence the male circumcision is good for women, so the cruellest cut may have to become more widespread.

On a lighter note:-

Posted Image

well that news arrives a bit late for me
Keeping it local

#258 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

At the risk of providing "too much information" and to spare Shadow's blushes, I will try to word this carefully. It is one of those issues that can be embarrassing, but really should be discussed more openly. I say this because a significant number of adult men are circumcised every year for health reasons and the operation is not reversible. Once done, you cannot undo it. My GP had warned me that I needed the operation and that some men are happy with the result but many are not. If you have it done as an infant, you will never know any different and the result will simply be your 'norm', so you will be happy with it. I had the op done six years ago and suffice to say that I'm not happy with the aftermath. I definitely would advise against having it done as an adult unless you really do need it.

The reason I needed the op was not for anything sordid, but I don't think I should give the details on a message board. If you are facing the op yourself and want some advice, PM me.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#259 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,979 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Lets hope nobody on here has trouble with piles....

#260 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Lets hope nobody on here has trouble with piles....

Funny you should mention that ...

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users