TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

BBC article - Utter utter RUBBISH

Britain London ethnic minority census white

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
271 replies to this topic

#261 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

As I aluded to earlier in this thread, I am surprised more men aren't circumcised. Not for a particular reason just that I thought it was more common than it is. It makes it easier to keep things clean and, as I have been told, is a bit more attractive for your partner.
Fides invicta triumphat

#262 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

As I aluded to earlier in this thread, I am surprised more men aren't circumcised. Not for a particular reason just that I thought it was more common than it is. It makes it easier to keep things clean and, as I have been told, is a bit more attractive for your partner.

I'm not sure why it would be more attractive - I'm quite fond of mine, whether hooded or not, but they're not the bonniest things in creation.

But isn't the ability to decide whether to have the trim or not an argument against mono-culturalism? Rather than slicing off the bits of infants to satisfy some communal tradition, give people the choice when they become adult.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#263 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

I'm not sure why it would be more attractive - I'm quite fond of mine, whether hooded or not, but they're not the bonniest things in creation.

But isn't the ability to decide whether to have the trim or not an argument against mono-culturalism? Rather than slicing off the bits of infants to satisfy some communal tradition, give people the choice when they become adult.

I doubt I would chose to have the procedure as an adult. In my case both of my parents were atheists so there was no religious and I don't think cultural reasons for choosing the procedure.
Fides invicta triumphat

#264 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,493 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Could someone remind me what having a bit of your knob lobbed off has to do with people speaking English anyway? :unsure:

#265 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

Could someone remind me what having a bit of your knob lobbed off has to do with people speaking English anyway? :unsure:

Yes.
'ohmygod thateffiin hurts like crazy ow...ow...ow...sniffle ...whimper, whimper' sounds more or less the same in any language.
:)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#266 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,456 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

It's a cultural tradition we're prepared to excuse because, firstly, there are other cultural traditions that are more abhorrent, secondly, willies are funny, and thirdly nobody ######s with the Jews(*).

The last bit is the reason why the EDL go on protests against halal but not not kosher.

(* Or the US who seem to snip away as shooting it would be inaccurate)

Edited by gingerjon, 03 March 2013 - 08:09 AM.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#267 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

thirdly nobody ######s with the Jews(*).

Really?

I suppose Jewish cemeteries never get vandalised then?

#268 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,456 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Really?

I suppose Jewish cemeteries never get vandalised then?

No, that's a fair point. When I was growing up Jewish gravestones were the target for a lot of neo Nazi trashing and now they obviously have that, as well as Islamist thugs too.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#269 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

No, that's a fair point. When I was growing up Jewish gravestones were the target for a lot of neo Nazi trashing and now they obviously have that, as well as Islamist thugs too.

Although I seem to recall Muslim graves being desecrated on occasion.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#270 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Although I seem to recall Muslim graves being desecrated on occasion.

Indeed but nobody said that "nobody *****s with Muslims". Many people do.

#271 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,876 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

As long as we don't get photos I'm just about fine.

So let's just hope that 'Severus' isn't an alias of Ashley Cole then...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#272 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

I think this thread has wandered off topic long enough now.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users