Dogs at Barra

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Just back. How good is Johnson! Ground it out against a spirited barrow who never gave up. Agree with the simalaritys with the sheffield game somtimes we just need to pause and take a breath. Exciting to watch though.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#22 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

No doubt the best team won tonight. You were faster and stronger.
I think Barrow will be alright as the season progresses.
Best of luck for the rest of the season.

looking at barra's performance thurs night they should string a few wins together.

otherwise if they went down ... your loyalties will be well and truly split Ron :) see you at the butts stadium sometime in the summer
Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#23 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

I agree with that Philius. We also seem to be trying to offload too many times, which works about 25% of the time. We seem to be doing it in collision which means we then lose the ball. Maybe good play in the summer but at this time I'd like a bt more up the jumper and to have a few more steady sets!!! Boring I hear you all cry, but needed sometimes to help secure better territory!!!! Just my opinion though. Still the start start to the season id hope for. 4 games 10 points.

I agree Batley are sometimes offloading at the wrong time and need to play the conditions but I disagree that we should go back to more 'up the jumper' rugby unless the conditions are poor(i.e driving rain and sub zero temperatures).

Batley need to continue offloading in the tackle but learn from the mistakes being made. On Thursday there where times when Batley offloaded at the wrong time and did not offload when we should have( i.e the George Flanagan break in the first half when he should have looked for Potts in support) with time and practice the errors should go down and the quality of rugby should improve.

Some of the dropped ball on Thursday was down to the freezing cold conditions.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#24 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

I think that was New Dog's point in fairness Trev, in that we should just be a bit more selective and sensible as to when we do look to offload and throw the ball about. As you have alluded to a freezing night in Barrow isn't perhaps the right time to do this.

The fact we are looking to be expansive abs creative is definitely a positive sign though, and hopefully as a result we'll see some very entertaining rugby, especially in the warmer months.

We just need to make sure we find the right balance that's all, as winning games is the most important thing. Even if at times it means resorting to 'boring' rugby to achieve this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users