Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

fev on sunday. whos going

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

I,ll be there.Featherstone used to be such a homely working class club producing young players and turning them into stars much like ourseives, not anymore.They seem to be such an arrogant lot , ( Robin aside) asset striping such as Dewsbury on mega bucks contract deals and quite frankly anyone who has a half decent game against them will be open to offers.Even Skolars players arent exempt to a phone call and when the money ran out at Donny Briggsy phone would have been red hot via Fev.Always remember what goes round comes around and i can remember when these great supporters turned on their club not so long ago when Swinton beat them in the Cup at Sedgeley Park, the abuse on their forum that day took the biscuit.Finally theres talk of 60 -70 point hammerings on their forum on Sun from this arrogant lot, if thats the case ill take 45 start from anyone who wants a bet for decent stakes.
Posted Image

#22 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Maybe it's got a lot to do with the arrogant, patronising, rude and offensive way 90% of the fev fans hav acted since our prices structure then dual reg was introduced. But hey ho it's our club so we don't care

90% ?!?!

Cummins Out.

#23 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,944 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

I,ll be there.Featherstone used to be such a homely working class club producing young players and turning them into stars much like ourseives, not anymore.They seem to be such an arrogant lot , ( Robin aside) asset striping such as Dewsbury on mega bucks contract deals and quite frankly anyone who has a half decent game against them will be open to offers.Even Skolars players arent exempt to a phone call and when the money ran out at Donny Briggsy phone would have been red hot via Fev.Always remember what goes round comes around and i can remember when these great supporters turned on their club not so long ago when Swinton beat them in the Cup at Sedgeley Park, the abuse on their forum that day took the biscuit.Finally theres talk of 60 -70 point hammerings on their forum on Sun from this arrogant lot, if thats the case ill take 45 start from anyone who wants a bet for decent stakes.

Yup I've seen my team take some poundings in my time and that defeat v Swinton was a low ebb, but it got worse when we were relegated.
But don't mistake arrogance for confidence. Like Dews, I remember when Hunslet had their day out in the sunshine twelve or so years ago. Then it was Hunslet fans who were assuming the position of top monkey and to who the accusations of arrogance were levelled from fans of other clubs.

I don't consider myself arrogant but I am confident in the team my club puts out of the field. Cast your mind back to the Hunslet GF winning team. Not that many came through the Hunslet juniors did they?????

I am expecting my club to win, and win big if it's a fine day on Sunday. To me, that's confidence in my team. Not arrogant.
There are too many like me who are now enjoying the roll Fev are on. We've been swimming in the silage for years. It's nice to have a bit o' the good stuff.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#24 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

guess ill get the push bike out and free wheel down to P/O road then wouldnt want to upset anybody Robin lol. Hope we can give you a game for the first half at least
chappy

#25 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

guess ill get the push bike out and free wheel down to P/O road then wouldnt want to upset anybody Robin lol. Hope we can give you a game for the first half at least

I remember Hunslet knocking Rovers out of the Challenge Cup at PO Rd Colin and no one except the Hunslet players thought that was possible either. I think it could well be a lot closer than most people are expecting.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#26 Hunslet2012

Hunslet2012
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Maybe it's got a lot to do with the arrogant, patronising, rude and offensive way 90% of the fev fans hav acted since our prices structure then dual reg was introduced. But hey ho it's our club so we don't care

You read my mind macca as well as the verbal abuse u get at P,O,R ....

#27 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

I remember Hunslet knocking Rovers out of the Challenge Cup at PO Rd Colin and no one except the Hunslet players thought that was possible either. I think it could well be a lot closer than most people are expecting.

hey up terry as long as its a decent game and the lad comes out of it ok then thats all i can ask from the day.Will be watching Shilo v Queens Saturday with the wife all the best mate still got my rovers shirt Grimmer bought me put it with mine lol
chappy

#28 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

hey up terry as long as its a decent game and the lad comes out of it ok then thats all i can ask from the day.Will be watching Shilo v Queens Saturday with the wife all the best mate still got my rovers shirt Grimmer bought me put it with mine lol

Hope Danny has a gudd'n Col, pity it didn't work out as we all hoped it would for him at Fev. Pleased he's enjoying his rugby again, work comes first every time.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#29 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

All these comments are very sad to read, I can understand the reason that Hawks fans will not come because they believe there team will get beat by loads, but to excuse it by saying Fev fans are "arrogant, patronising, rude and offensive way 90% of the fev fans hav acted since our prices structure then dual reg was introduced" I find disappointing in the extreame, please just be honest with yourselves and the rest of the internet. I still rememeber going to Fev away games in what was then the 2nd division and finding hard to fill a minibus, so can fully understand why any Hunslet fan would not come to Fev on Sunday.

I remember going to the GF over a decade ago and hoping for Hunslet to win and for you to make SL only for them to get ###### on and still today in my mind Hunslet are one of the greats of our sport one of only 2 clubs to win all four comps.

Regardless of the rant of a few Fev fans over pricing structures and dual reg I am sure that there will still be over 500 Fev fans at the south Leeds Stadium and hope that our money is welcome, as yours will be at POR.

BTW - If you come over and want to chew the fat about anything rugby legaue feel free to drop me a line and meet up in the Blue Lagoon you might even be surprised to faine that there is more than one "decent" Fev fan :)

Enjoy your weekend.
I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#30 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

nice comments, thanks grinder
Posted Image

#31 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

looking forward to an enjoyable day. i cant see why my own supporters are so against attending the game but each to their own. il be over no matter what the score may or maynot be

we need to look out for our fellow championship clubs times are hard
hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#32 Penola

Penola
  • 604 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

#

Remember that night game well. Alan Platt had a great game for us

#33 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

Wow. So your passing up going to watch your team because you dont like other peoples opinions hmmmmmm!

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#34 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Confirmed, Chisholm, Kienhorst, Singleton, Watson & Hood all start tomorrow!

Welham and Haigh out injured

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#35 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

chisholm . whos he gaz
hunslet till i die

#36 Penola

Penola
  • 604 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

chisholm . whos he gaz

John Wayne

#37 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

chisholm . whos he gaz

Fastest player in rugby league

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#38 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

fastest player. winger. can we pass to him then lol

im sure he will show what he can do. sounds a good signing
hunslet till i die

#39 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Will Watson start at full back ahead of Bush/kain? I thought he was at fault for the Dewsbury try last week

#40 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Will Watson start at full back ahead of Bush/kain? I thought he was at fault for the Dewsbury try last week

Question for the coach that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users