fev on sunday. whos going

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Confirmed, Chisholm, Kienhorst, Singleton, Watson & Hood all start tomorrow!

Welham and Haigh out injured

I've heard that Confirmed is a decent little player... ;)
Posted Image

#42 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

Will Watson start at full back ahead of Bush/kain? I thought he was at fault for the Dewsbury try last week

Couldn't agree more - unless of course Kain is still injured from the Leigh match. Based on what we've seen so far there is no way Watson should be selected ahead of Kainy. First piece of evidence for the conspiracy theorists ??

And five dual-regs as well :unsure: !! Imagine if do actually manage to to win this - or even come close - this forum will self-destruct and bring about the commencement of World War III ...

#43 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

No doubt the Hunslet team will be stronger with them in and with a bit of luck more of you will come over

Shame for the lads that have trained all week and will miss out

#44 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

No doubt the Hunslet team will be stronger with them in and with a bit of luck more of you will come over

Shame for the lads that have trained all week and will miss out

#45 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

Agreed it's not right for the lads that trained but horses for courses and if they do well ill be happy

#46 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

you do realise that the dual reg players also train with hunslet so you'll have to find another poor reason to moan about it

#47 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

Confirmed, Chisholm, Kienhorst, Singleton, Watson & Hood all start tomorrow!

Welham and Haigh out injured

Absolute joke RIP rugby league

#48 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,272 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

you do realise that the dual reg players also train with hunslet so you'll have to find another poor reason to moan about it

poor reason??? The whole system is bloody ridiculous.
But, as your club has embraced it, you will (on the whole)support it . Don't be surprised if those who find the system ridiculous, counter productive and certainly not in the games best interests long term, voice their opinions!
You support the dr system. I most certainly don't.
I'll live with it!!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#49 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

Absolute joke RIP rugby league

You dont give much away looking at your profile green brigade so why the sudden interest in the Hawks your not a Anti duel reg millitant by any chance who supports a club who for their own reason dont want to go down that path, unfortunately due to sercumstances Hunslet in order to try and survive have chosen like many other clubs in simular situations to take up this option which is quiet legal and above board.If Hunslet where getting gates of say 2000 and had on board people with wealth then possibly they wouldnt have to BUT they dont the club is run by supporters who dont wish to see their beloved club with the great history it has die without trying to do something about it .
chappy

#50 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,272 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Couldn't agree more - unless of course Kain is still injured from the Leigh match. Based on what we've seen so far there is no way Watson should be selected ahead of Kainy. First piece of evidence for the conspiracy theorists ??

And five dual-regs as well :unsure: !! Imagine if do actually manage to to win this - or even come close - this forum will self-destruct and bring about the commencement of World War III ...

what do you think it would be like if say kainy et al say "bug ger this for a lark. I'm not trainingy me botty of for some leeds player to get my winning pay. Im off"!

Edited by Robin Evans, 24 February 2013 - 09:05 AM.

#51 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,272 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

You dont give much away looking at your green brigade so why the sudden interest in the Hawks your not a Anti duel reg millitant by any chance who supports a club who for their own reason dont want to go down that path, unfortunately due to sercumstances Hunslet in order to try and survive have chosen like many other clubs in simular situations to take up this option which is quiet legal and above board.If Hunslet where getting gates of say 2000 and had on board people with wealth then possibly they wouldnt have to BUT they dont the club is run by supporters who dont wish to see their beloved club with the great history it has die without trying to do something about it .

Nar then owd cocker. Hope all os good wi you n yours.
I am a dr militant. Its nowt personal and I wont slag off any fan who supports it.
I just believe the system to be very wrong. Of course my club is doing ok now and I am in danger of appearing smug, patronising or lacking empathy because of it, when nowt is futher from the truth.
If this was 1999 and hunslet had just turned over fev, and dr was being brought in, I would still be very opposed to it.
In 2004/5 we were on our botties with a penny to scratch our @r se with and close to going out of existance. I woild still have been vehemently opposed to dr.

Edited by Robin Evans, 24 February 2013 - 09:22 AM.

#52 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

You dont give much away looking at your profile green brigade so why the sudden interest in the Hawks your not a Anti duel reg millitant by any chance who supports a club who for their own reason dont want to go down that path, unfortunately due to sercumstances Hunslet in order to try and survive have chosen like many other clubs in simular situations to take up this option which is quiet legal and above board.If Hunslet where getting gates of say 2000 and had on board people with wealth then possibly they wouldnt have to BUT they dont the club is run by supporters who dont wish to see their beloved club with the great history it has die without trying to do something about it .

He's a Hunslet season ticket holder Col, don't get sucked in to it.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#53 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,272 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

He's a Hunslet season ticket holder Col, don't get sucked in to it.

so support for dr at hunslet is far rrom unanimous??? In your opinion, (genuine question), how much of the hunslet support back dr as a policy rather than how it will benefit hunslet?

#54 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

so support for dr at hunslet is far rrom unanimous??? In your opinion, (genuine question), how much of the hunslet support back dr as a policy rather than how it will benefit hunslet?

The thing is Robin , blame the RFL for this not the clubs , good and bad points for the D/R , but what next players going to Brussels for loss of wages , its not been thought through........

#55 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,272 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

The thing is Robin , blame the RFL for this not the clubs , good and bad points for the D/R , but what next players going to Brussels for loss of wages , its not been thought through........

oh I agree wholeheartedly. The system is riddled with flaws. I don't blame clubs. They will do whatever they have to. Sl clubs have "bullied" this half @r sed policy thru and the rfl (ralph rimmer the main architecht) has pushed it on. Short sightedness that primarily benefits the sl clubs but devalues the integrity of the championship. This isn't rhetoric, I honestly believe this is another huge step to feedership and sadly another large part of hunslet has died. Sad.

#56 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Have you ever heard anyone from Hunslet say they agree with dual reg?, I haven't, all we are doing is utilising an RFL rule for the benefit of our club, like it or not dual reg is here for 2013 and as a club on 400 crowds, supporter owned, no money and with our main rivals for relegation all doing the same thing we would be crazy for us not to utilise it. Again if your against dual reg tell Ralph Rimmer and the RFL, its not our issue, we didn't make the rule up we are just operating within that rule.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#57 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,272 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

Have you ever heard anyone from Hunslet say they agree with dual reg?, I haven't, all we are doing is utilising an RFL rule for the benefit of our club, like it or not dual reg is here for 2013 and as a club on 400 crowds, supporter owned, no money and with our main rivals for relegation all doing the same thing we would be crazy for us not to utilise it. Again if your against dual reg tell Ralph Rimmer and the RFL, its not our issue, we didn't make the rule up we are just operating within that rule.

again, I can't argue with any of that. I just find it extremely frustrating and very sad at the same time
See my previous post

Edited by Robin Evans, 24 February 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#58 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

I certainly don't agree with dual reg as a policy

What I do agree with is my club taking any legal advantage it can to try and stay up

#59 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,272 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

I certainly don't agree with dual reg as a policy

What I do agree with is my club taking any legal advantage it can to try and stay up

and there's the rub. Short term gain over the longer wider best interests of the game.
I can see why hunslet are doing it. I just thonk its wrong. If we didnt have it you'd be taking on the bottom with hunslet players not giving leeds fringe players some game time.

#60 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,272 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

I am aware of one hunslet player who's thinking of saying sod it. Ok one casualty is not a indicator that the world is coming to and end. But similar conversations with a lad at donny and an experienced york player suggest that players at those club are considering their future commitment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users