fev on sunday. whos going

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

The players knew about dual reg before signing for their respected clubs. If they're not happy about it maybe they should have thought before signing
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#62 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,494 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

And the players at our club could only realistically leave to join a club at our level (bottom 6 clubs) who are all in dual reg partnerships so they would be in exaclty the same situation

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#63 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,251 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

not sure they knew that entire squads could be dual registered?? Maybe you could advise me of the rimmer time line on that one.

BUT, doesn't alter it one bit. I know of one Hunslet player, and I've had conversations with lads from other clubs who suggest that there may be some players saying "sod it".

Yes I know it isn't an exadous..... but saddens me nonetheless that if Kainy et al are fit and available for selection their places are given to SL players cos they have decided they don't want to run teams at necessary ages any longer. Bag o' sheeeite!!

And again Macca, I aren't levellin this at you or your club!!!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#64 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,251 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

And the players at our club could only realistically leave to join a club at our level (bottom 6 clubs) who are all in dual reg partnerships so they would be in exaclty the same situation

The donny lad I hear about is going to amateur!! He won't get paid much less if he's missing out on win bonuses etc! Same with the lad from York.
Don't know where the Hunslet lad is going... I didn't ask.

#65 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,494 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

not sure they knew that entire squads could be dual registered?? Maybe you could advise me of the rimmer time line on that one.

BUT, doesn't alter it one bit. I know of one Hunslet player, and I've had conversations with lads from other clubs who suggest that there may be some players saying "sod it".

Yes I know it isn't an exadous..... but saddens me nonetheless that if Kainy et al are fit and available for selection their places are given to SL players cos they have decided they don't want to run teams at necessary ages any longer. Bag o' sheeeite!!

And again Macca, I aren't levellin this at you or your club!!!

But if these players who are up in arms are not as good as the players coming in on dual reg how can they moan? You play based on how good you are not based on if you have a contract with the club or not

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#66 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,251 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

well that's the issue isn't it. They are probably good enough to get in the squad were it not for the DR system and all that entails.
Granted it's not many "that I know of" that are pi zzed off.... for now. And as you say, aren't good enough to match what comes available from the 'parent club'!
So if they leave it won't be a problem?

#67 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,251 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Right.... stuff to do.... I'll shall be in the lagoon if anyone wants to come for a natter. I can talk more n more tripe than you'll probably be prepared to listen to like!!!!!
To those comin over, see ya this aft.

#68 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

But if these players who are up in arms are not as good as the players coming in on dual reg how can they moan? You play based on how good you are not based on if you have a contract with the club or not

Because the players coming in haven't got a contract with your club that's why they will moan.

#69 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Right.... stuff to do.... I'll shall be in the lagoon if anyone wants to come for a natter. I can talk more n more tripe than you'll probably be prepared to listen to like!!!!!
To those comin over, see ya this aft.

Your right there Robin. :lol: B) :rolleyes:

#70 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

Interesting to see the comments and views on the present DR system which, I can see being in place for some time. It appears from the comments that it is achieving one of its goals of improving the class of payers in rugby league. I assume that the 'fringe' super league players are getting picked because they are better than certain existing championship players. They in turn are saying 'sod it' and joining amateur teams (I assume they are better than they already have). Therefore all levels of the rugby league, except super league, have better players .......

With the exception of Fev, Fax, Sheffield and Leigh that is who improve their teams by picking up everyone else's good payers.

Not that I am in favour of DR or particularly against. Just an observation from your comments.

Cannot comment on the integrity of the championship but it will be a great fight at the top and any of the bottom 8 could get relegated as there is very little between them. Good competition then?

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#71 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

Interesting to see the comments and views on the present DR system which, I can see being in place for some time. It appears from the comments that it is achieving one of its goals of improving the class of payers in rugby league. I assume that the 'fringe' super league players are getting picked because they are better than certain existing championship players. They in turn are saying 'sod it' and joining amateur teams (I assume they are better than they already have). Therefore all levels of the rugby league, except super league, have better players .......

With the exception of Fev, Fax, Sheffield and Leigh that is who improve their teams by picking up everyone else's good payers.

Not that I am in favour of DR or particularly against. Just an observation from your comments.

Cannot comment on the integrity of the championship but it will be a great fight at the top and any of the bottom 8 could get relegated as there is very little between them. Good competition then?

So why do the SL clubs not release these fringe players who they have no teams for them to play in? It like "land banking" they want to hold on to the contracts just incase they may be of some use. How about they release them, champ teams pick them up on contracts and if they improve and reach SL level the SL teams can then make a bid for them.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#72 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

IF 2nd team rugby came in for Super League clubs again next year do you think Leeds and the other clubs would care about us , they'd drop us all like a hot potato , or if Fev got into Super League and D/R was still being used then Fev would be the team loaning fringe players out , D/R not a good thing......

#73 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 546 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

I am aware of one hunslet player who's thinking of saying sod it. Ok one casualty is not a indicator that the world is coming to and end. But similar conversations with a lad at donny and an experienced york player suggest that players at those club are considering their future commitment.

i think its clear the players on contract don't matter one bit to these clubs
Come the end of this season,the players who are on one season contracts will be told to sod of because the clubs can do it cheaper by using more sl players

#74 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 769 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

John Wayne

The hell he is!
It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#75 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

But is it cheaper to have a DR player in the team than your own? If your player is on guaranteed money plus match terms then the guaranteed still has to be paid even if not selected doesn't it? Also doesn't the DR pick up the match terms or is that scrubbed if they play?
If the above is correct then the likelihood surely is more winning pay will be paid as the team ought to win more matches?

#76 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

This gas been discussed plenty of times..... Leeds pay their wages
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#77 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

This gas been discussed plenty of times..... Leeds pay their wages

Yep, their wages. But do they collect any match day payments? And as I said, surely the players stood down are still entitled to their guaranteed money, if indeed they are on any.

#78 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

This is a horrible situation caused by the RFL, which has left fans constantly bickering and spending more time talking about the DR system than the actual games taking place.

I'm vehemently against DR and would walk away if Batley started fielding 4/5 Giants players every week. Thankfully that doesn't appear as if its likely to happen, however I can't blame teams like Hunslet, who operate on smaller budgets using it to give themselves a better chance of levelling up the playing field and avoiding the division of death.

I suspect the Hunslet fans on here are against it too in principal, but at the same time they also want to see their team compete and not get drubbed every week, something that's only going to result in even more fans losing interest and subsequent future budgets even lower. So if they are offered this option, whether people agree or not you can hardly blame the club for using it to its full potential.

So it's dilemma really for fans. And one they can't be blamed for having differing opinions on.

The blame has to lie solely with the RFL who have facilitated this ridiculous mechanism in the first place..

A discussion before and after every game about its merits on here isn't going to change things though.

#79 attila the

attila the
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

This is a horrible situation caused by the RFL, which has left fans constantly bickering and spending more time talking about the DR system than the actual games taking place.

I'm vehemently against DR and would walk away if Batley started fielding 4/5 Giants players every week. Thankfully that doesn't appear as if its likely to happen, however I can't blame teams like Hunslet, who operate on smaller budgets using it to give themselves a better chance of levelling up the playing field and avoiding the division of death.

I suspect the Hunslet fans on here are against it too in principal, but at the same time they also want to see their team compete and not get drubbed every week, something that's only going to result in even more fans losing interest and subsequent future budgets even lower. So if they are offered this option, whether people agree or not you can hardly blame the club for using it to its full potential.

So it's dilemma really for fans. And one they can't be blamed for having differing opinions on.

The blame has to lie solely with the RFL who have facilitated this ridiculous mechanism in the first place..

A discussion before and after every game about its merits on here isn't going to change things though.

Excellent analysis of the situation at Hunslet - and other 'smaller' clubs.
Attila the

#80 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Excellent analysis of the situation at Hunslet - and other 'smaller' clubs.

Indeed it is - but is it really the RFL to blame?

I have seen more than one report that the RFL didn't want the ludicrous situation we've ended up with, but the Super League clubs asked them to "go and think again, and come back when you've got the right answer" - basically to save money on running U18 / 19 /20 s teams. So, tail wagging dog (again) :angry:

There's no doubting the turmoil it's creating at Championship level, and surely it can't exist for long in its current format, but sadly it seems the most likely catalyst for change will be the SL clubs deciding it doesn't work for them, and/or finding the money to re-introduce development teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users