Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

score on sunday @ fev

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Any score updates?

26-0

Edited by Green Brigade, 24 February 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#22 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Fev 36 v 18 Huns ft.........still need a goal kicker , good result tho........

#23 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

54-10 to fev

#24 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Are you a complete tool?

#25 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Are you a complete tool

#26 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Winning the second half is a great effort by the lads, looking forward to hearing some opinions on our performance!

I see that ###### team Dewsbury put 40+ on unbeaten Whitehaven today!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#27 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,903 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

You dug in and kept on playing. We bombed many cjances tho the tackle of the game was chisholm on hardo.
We had the game won and stopped playing. Hunslet didn't and came out of that second half with a lot of credit.
I'm happy with the win but it could have and should have been by so many more. Fair play to hunslet for playing the full 80

Edited by Robin Evans, 24 February 2013 - 05:34 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#28 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

im not too sure what to make of that.Going downhill 1st half i thought we were diabolical, gifting early penalties to get fev into our own 25 and sure enough conceding tries from kicks.Singleton almost got over but got pulled back and tbh that was the only real effort by us in the 1st half.As usual Finn and Briggs tormented us and at half time at 26 -0 with us going uphill i tore my betting slip up with 40 start and vowed never to back us again.The 2nd half was far better with the defence at least manning up on the line and stoping fev on numerous occasions and incredibly scored 4 decent tries and if we,d kicked our goals could have nicked a bonus point.Ive said all along goalkicking will cost us this season and today 1 from 4 yet again tells its story.One big plus today is weve found a winger and bookies will accept torn up slips...
Posted Image

#29 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

.....and if Finn had kicked his goals????????

#30 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Bit of an improvement on last seasons 68-0 then!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#31 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

sure enough Finn missed plenty but im talking about our goalkicking which is abysmal every week.As for 40/20,s dont even go there, no one can remember the last time we did one.
Posted Image

#32 Russ

Russ
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Not liking the fact that 3 first teamers were dropped today for Rhinos players though, terrible first half performance but second half much improved, Poor following and i cant see it getting any better at the moment. :(

#33 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,903 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Pity, the effort in the second half was worthy of a bigger following.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#34 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

What a strange game we saw today. The oddest "game of two halves" I've seen for ages, with the team on top playing up the hill as well !! The manner in which we came out and took the game to them after half-time was as pleasing as it was surprising on the back of an inept first half display. By the end of the 80 minutes we were flying !

Of course we can't kid ourselves about the roles the dual regs played in the turnaround, Hood and Singleton in particular showed up well in their time on the field, and Chisholm produced an amazing trackback to stop a certain Rovers try. But some of "our own" played their parts, March, Yates and Brickwood caused some trouble with the ball and Grimshaw and Helliwell got through plenty of defensive work for a pair of half-backs.

All the more annoying then, that some sloppy tries conceded in the first half meant that the second 40 was only ever going to be about damage limitation. Also annoying that two of our most consistent players, despite apparently being fit, were not picked today. There are of course plenty of players to choose from now, let's hope team selection issues aren't going to derail us ...

#35 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

A lot of fans we're expecting a hammering today. Well that score line tells a different story. It should give players and fans alike a lot of confidence that we are moving in the right direction. The next two home matches are definitely winnable so let's start talking things up and encourage fans back to SLS.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#36 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Are you a complete tool?

No i ain't but u seem one u say it like u had a chance, f&@£!?g ######

#37 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Just like to say well done today especially in the second half you put up a good show and made a game of it Thought we were sloppy and bombed a few chances and you seemed to take all yours If you could get a few of the Rhino players on season long loans and get your team settled think you would do well Shame more of you didn't come to watch your team as they deserve better support although the ones that did turn up could be heard in the second half and were a credit to Hunslet. Good luck for the remainder or the season

#38 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

What a strange game we saw today. The oddest "game of two halves" I've seen for ages, with the team on top playing up the hill as well !! The manner in which we came out and took the game to them after half-time was as pleasing as it was surprising on the back of an inept first half display. By the end of the 80 minutes we were flying !

Of course we can't kid ourselves about the roles the dual regs played in the turnaround, Hood and Singleton in particular showed up well in their time on the field, and Chisholm produced an amazing trackback to stop a certain Rovers try. But some of "our own" played their parts, March, Yates and Brickwood caused some trouble with the ball and Grimshaw and Helliwell got through plenty of defensive work for a pair of half-backs.

All the more annoying then, that some sloppy tries conceded in the first half meant that the second 40 was only ever going to be about damage limitation. Also annoying that two of our most consistent players, despite apparently being fit, were not picked today. There are of course plenty of players to choose from now, let's hope team selection issues aren't going to derail us ...

Who were the two players?

#39 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

No i ain't but u seem one u say it like u had a chance, f&@£!?g ######

#40 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Im not the complete tool putting wrong scores on forums unlike you. Any way why you worried about Hunslet hull have got plenty of problems wich ever one you support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users