Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

town vs sheffield eagles

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

predictions for sundays game people.

its going to be very tough and with a good weather forecast i just see the eagles having a bit too much out wide for us. if miller, rooney and mossop were fit i would be a little more confident and honestly believe we could turn them over. sheffield are champions but there probably not as good of a team as fax and fev and we shouldnt be intimidated by them. im going to go for an honest prediction and go town 18 eagles 26.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Our attack isn't up to matching the top teams at present ,and they just keep coming at you for the full 80 ,bonus point would be massive , and we simply have to beat Barra full stop . But you go in hope or you wouldn't turn up and you wouldn't be a sports fan . All the best to us .

Edited by DavidM, 21 February 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#3 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Up the town I say! Lets get 1000 through the doors again

#4 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Up the town I say! Lets get 1000 through the doors again

Would love to think we could get over 1,000 but cant see it especially with a small away following 700 my guess

#5 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Yeah I think the seagulls will be too good for us. A bonus point would be great 14- 26.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

What is it about cumbria and floodlights !! Barra's look poor . Get down the middle third the opposition wont see you in the dark !

Edited by DavidM, 21 February 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#7 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

If we can find the cutting edge in attack and play well I'll say 18-14. We can match them in the pack on our pitch but we have to defend well on the flanks.

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

From what I have seen already this season and again in tonights match at Barrow we need to match Sheffield for speed both of thought and play. These clubs have had years getting up to speed and it was that that beat Barrow tonight. When Barrow upped their speed in the second half they were more than a match for Batley, likewise with Haven in the last 20 minutes last week against Leigh. If we can play the game at their pace then we are in with a shout otherwise we will be on here saying the same usual things. Good bonus point for Barrow tonight to lift them off the bottom.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

And it's doing it for 80 minutes - especially ruck speed . It's no good matchng them for 15 or 20. These teams maintain the tempo start to finish .
Get the ruck speed up and you get full value for your go forward and you get your scooters in the ball game . We haven't got it out wide so we have to use our pack to play it fast , and that gives our dummy half runners and halves more to play off .

Edited by DavidM, 21 February 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#10 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Would love to think we could get over 1,000 but cant see it especially with a small away following 700 my guess

If that's the case we'll never be able to compete. It would be great to see a similar attendance because from what I've heard Halifax didn't bring that many.

#11 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

gonna be a tough game this,we will be saying it all season!!!i would be chuffed with a bp ,but i think the beagles will have a bit to much fir us and win by 16.as long as we get fired up and improve on the donny result i will be happy with that.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

All season mate ... Gee this is tough , but we wouldn't swap it for owt !

#13 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Just one duel reg for you lot this weekend - squad must be okay fitness wise

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

That surprises me

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

i assume that 1 will be declan hulme. im very surprised, so i assume it will be forber and luppy with coyle on the bench, and 3 forwards on the bench as well. i think shacks might be back this week , i hope so because he brings some pace into the pack

Edited by wonky, 22 February 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

Gore not wanted then with our wealth of attacking riches.

#17 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

What do you think of giving SHACKS a go in the centre with Rooney and Mossop been unfit??

#18 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Theres clearly a step up in the speed of the game in this league. I think if you look close as well there seems to be far more attempts to slow the opposition down in the tackle compared to C1. Lots of lying on in the tackle seems to go on and unpunished. Simple tactics really, play at speed and slow the opposition down.

#19 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

How do we know there is only one guy on dr this week? I'm sure I've just seen Patrick the van, Kevin brown and Sean briscoe sitting outside costa coffee

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

How do we know there is only one guy on dr this week? I'm sure I've just seen Patrick the van, Kevin brown and Sean briscoe sitting outside costa coffee

i heard dennis betts was getting a run out at loose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users