town vs sheffield eagles

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

unlucky lads sounded like you gave em a very good game, any highlights from the game? (i want to know what we are up against next week) :D

#62 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

one thing i noticed was we done a perfect cross field kick in the 1st half, yet in the 2nd when there defensive left hand side had the sun in the eyes we either grubbered through or kicked to there right hand side. we have calders,stack and morris who are good jumpers and catchers of the ball but instead we kick to mossop and phillips who ive very rarely seen attack i high bomb
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#63 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Brett was excellent today , if only he got quick ball in space he could wreck havoc . Olstrum was sensational round
the ruck to , and Acton is gonna be a great signing who your just gonna have to take as a rough package .
Calders has started the season like a house on fire , good on him for proving class is permanent.

#64 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Firstly I hope Morris is okay and I think calders went of aswell hope he's okay.
What a performance by the lads to day calderwood was outstanding coyle was oryt in the first half Walne Thackray and acton had good games to I think when we get Rooney miller and Matty back we will be even better I think we miss Matty a lot round the play the ball. Think we can get a win next week and I won't be predicting the York game cause I'm always wrong a lot to build on Up The Town

#65 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 470 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

Anyone else wish Brett Carter would get to the kicks faster? He seemed to saunter over to them yesterday meaning the chase was nearly on top of him by the time he'd picked the ball up

#66 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

Yeah Brett can look casual sometimes, but it's good that he doesn't panic isn't it?? :D My only problem with Coyle was how many times Sheffield broke down our right side defence. I know it wasn't only him defending that side but he did miss a few which created big holes. If he can play more consistently like he did in the first half in attack and defend a bit better with a bit of fitness returning Coyle might go OK for us. I am sure Acton will learn off Thacks & Dowes and be very good for us.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#67 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

....... I am sure Acton will learn off Thacks & Dowes and be very good for us.

Hmmm... thought Acton offered a lot more than Dowes ?

#68 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Yes he wasn't far off the best

#69 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

i agree, acton was the pick of the props yesterday, it was just the daft penalties he gave away that let him down slightly, but hes going to be a big player for us this season. i think voodoo was just meaning that he would learn from the experienced lads on decision making etc.

#70 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

i agree, acton was the pick of the props yesterday, it was just the daft penalties he gave away that let him down slightly, but hes going to be a big player for us this season. i think voodoo was just meaning that he would learn from the experienced lads on decision making etc.

Exactly what I meant!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#71 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hmmm... thought Acton offered a lot more than Dowes ?

I've been a bit disappointed with Dowes so far, maybe because of his Super league pedigree I was expecting a little more. Still it's early days yet, hopefully he will come to the fore in games to come.

#72 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

i think dowes was always up against it because he was always going to be expected to have a similar impact to thacks last year. and although they play the same position, they play very differently.

#73 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

I think Acton and Walne are gonna be great signings with masses of improvement in them , Acton especially is gonna be a huge fav with his rough n tumble style . And big Coward looks to have pushed on again to . I agree about Stack n Brett . They're getting punishment and could do with better ball a bit wider to give them some breathing space , as they're awesome attacking weapons .

#74 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Fair enough but does Dowes make any decisions ? I think is mind is made up every time he takes the ball in. :)

#75 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

I would love to see Stacky and Brett running out wide and coming onto the ball at pace, they could be awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users