RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Salfords New owner making friends

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#21 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

What exactly is the point of this thread then, if there is no problem?

News, maybe? Not being sarcastic. There is an unhappy inclination but still.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#22 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Oh and after first refusing a day or so ago, Darrell Griffin joins on a month loan.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#23 MikeTommo

MikeTommo
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Sorry but the thread title does indeed suggest you have some problem with Koukash. I can see why fans and coaches of other teams are not happy with us right now but seriously, what are we meant to be do?

We have a team decimated in the off season and only just survived. We've had no chance to recruit new players at all and anyone decent is under contract. It's important to point out that every player we've gone in for since Koukash has arrived we've done so via the club in a formal approach. Unfortunately for us, on each occasion the club has said no and understandably so.

Clubs may be unhappy with this but i for one am extremely happy little old Salford are ruffling a few feathers.

#24 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

First Morley, now Chase and Emmit

I really don't like the "I've loads of money so come and join us approach"

Not really endearing himself to others is he?

Just in case you'd forgotten.

#25 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

The real problem is surely the dearth of decent talent around that he has to approch Cas players in the first place...

#26 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

whats the owner supposed to do,sit in the lower reaches of league getting tonked,the bloke is trying to put his hand in his pocket to improve the side,well done sir

#27 Tre Cool

Tre Cool
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

I think its excellent. He should be applauded. A club that was on its backside now ruffling feathers of Warrington and trying to sign one of the biggest talents in the league.

#28 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

trying to sign one of the biggest talents in the league.

Who Chase come on

#29 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 454 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Ruffling feathers? ,Chase would only leave cas for a wad of money or to go to a big club,morley is the wrong side of 35 and well past it and jake emmett would be a good squad man.
i think the horse man is trying to stop the fans from getting over excited tbh.

#30 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

jake emmett would be a good squad man.

But when you don't have good squad men then a good squad man is an attractive proposition and it's not like Emmitt is being played every week is it? Isn't he on dual reg with their Championship partner at present?

Well done Dr Koukash. I hope he keeps this up and lets it be known that he's serious about getting Salford on their feet and competing for trophies.

#31 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 454 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

But when you don't have good squad men then a good squad man is an attractive proposition and it's not like Emmitt is being played every week is it? Isn't he on dual reg with their Championship partner at present?

Well done Dr Koukash. I hope he keeps this up and lets it be known that he's serious about getting Salford on their feet and competing for trophies.

Sorry i wasn't having a pop at jake,along with james laithwaithe of warrington he's the only player iv'e really enjoyed watching on DR terms over the last few yrs.I'm just trying to say if mr Koukash really wanted to put down a marker this season then these wouldn't be the players he would go for.It is possible and probable that he just wants to stablise the club this season, which isn't a bad idea really.

#32 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Sorry i wasn't having a pop at jake,along with james laithwaithe of warrington he's the only player iv'e really enjoyed watching on DR terms over the last few yrs.I'm just trying to say if mr Koukash really wanted to put down a marker this season then these wouldn't be the players he would go for.It is possible and probable that he just wants to stablise the club this season, which isn't a bad idea really.

I think your last sentence hits the nail on the head. The real recruitment will be for next season.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#33 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Serious answers only please...

If Hull couldn't sign Chase due to his visa problem, why do Salford think they can?

Hull-FC-V10-e1380711301940.jpg         HULL NOT VERY PROUD

"You're not City anymore!"

(The chant of opposition fans to Hull Tigers' supporters this season)

#34 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,532 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Ruffling feathers? ,Chase would only leave cas for a wad of money or to go to a big club,morley is the wrong side of 35 and well past it and jake emmett would be a good squad man.
i think the horse man is trying to stop the fans from getting over excited tbh.

I don't really agree with this point.

Morley, whilst old is still a big name in SL and would be a great signing on and off the field for Salford.

Chase is a former man of steel and England international.

If he was trying to get the fans to stay calm, this wouldn't be the way to go about it. I suspect he is trying to shore up the squad for this year, with the likes of Emmett, Griffin etc. but is looking for some big names asap to give the club a boost.

I applaud his approach (as long as he isn't peeing people off with inappropriate approaches) - it is an approach that Warrington went with in the early days at the HJ. We signed Martin Gleeson as a marker, then gradually improved the quality of our signings before making the Andrew Johns signing, which certainly gave the club a real boost and signaled that we were a club with ambition and wouldn't be settling for mediocrity.

If Salford can get one or two 'marquee players' then it would really help, but ultimately they need a stronger squad overall to support these players, and by the different kind of players he is approaching it looks like he is well aware of that!

#35 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Who Chase come on

Mrs Chase, probably.
People called Romans they go the house

#36 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,532 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Serious answers only please...

If Hull couldn't sign Chase due to his visa problem, why do Salford think they can?

Maybe it is something to do with more time having elapsed?

#37 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,532 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Mrs Chase, probably.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#38 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,398 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Mrs Chase, probably.

Lovely stuff. :D

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#39 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Welcome to the world of professional sport, Kenilworth Tiger.

There is a salary cap in place and Dr K has money to spend. No-one in SL is off limits and nor should they be. Good luck to him and Salford City Reds, a club asset stripped more than most in recent years so a somewhat odd target for sour grapes.

#40 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

Memo to Michael Dobson: If you have 1 stinker this year, please make it this Sunday. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users