Opinions and Predictions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 691 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

What are your opinions and / or predictions for the year ahead.

It would be interesting the established supporters opinions and predictions for this 2013 Season.(Open to all supporters of course)

I have seen Oldham, North Wales and Rochdale in friendlies up to now and from what I have seen we (Oldham) will face challenging matches against Rochdale, North Wales Crusaders both home and away, and I also think we will face difficult but winnable away matches against South Wales and London. With the added bonus of the Northern Rail Bowl final up for grabs, the chance of silverware is a realistic possibility.

So, Who will be in the NRC Bowl Final? and who is going to win Bowl Final?

The groups are heavily favoured for the expansion teams, call me cynical but what is more justifying for expansion than a newly formed club in a show piece championship final! The inter group matches will demonstrate the level of competition for the expansion teams.

Group A - Winners - ? Very Close Call but "Oldham" of course!!!!!!!

Group B - Winners - London Skolars

Bowl Final Winners - Group A Winners.

Group A

Oldham
Rochdale Hornets
Gateshead Thunder
North Wales Crusaders

Group B

South Wales Scorpions
London Skolars
Gloucestershire All Golds
Hemel Stags

Championship One

Champions - Oldham or Rochdale

Runners Up - Oldham or Rochdale

Grand Final Winners - North Wales

Relegated from Championship

Barrow, Swinton or York..

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#2 winedrinkerme

winedrinkerme
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

If we top our group in the northern rail do we progress to the next round or are we just playing for the bowl final as we need more games

#3 oldhead

oldhead
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

If we top our group in the northern rail do we progress to the next round or are we just playing for the bowl final as we need more games

the group winners go in the bowl final and the next round

#4 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 691 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Surely an oversight by the RFL!!!!

What if a championship one team progresses to the NRC final? (not likely to happen any time soon but it as happened in the past, Doncaster) It will surely prompt a tradition RFL knee jerk change of the rules ha ha ha ha!

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#5 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 778 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

if a championship 1 club gets to the final the team that finished second in their group will take their place in the plate final
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users