Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Cas Tigers - Gill steps in as interim CEO

Club news release

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Castleford Tigers can confirm that head of youth development Steve Gill has been appointed chief executive on an interim basis following the resignation of Steve Ferres on Tuesday.

Gill, 53, a former assistant coach of the first team under Dave Woods, has been head of the club's youth development department since 2008, a period in the club's history in which a host of young players have emerged into Super League stars to the point that over half of the Tigers' current first team squad are home-grown talents developed from within the club.

On his appointment, Gill said:"Jack Fulton asked me if I would stand in as CEO for an interim period which could be 2-6 weeks depending on finding the right person. I have full support from Ian Millward (head coach), Richard Turner (general manager) and Nick Fozzard (commercial manager). I have also spoken to Steve Ferres and he has offered his support if required. There's a lot to do and I know I will be busy in the weeks to come.

"I've been a Cas fan all of my life from doing the scoreboard and ball boy duties as a youngster to being assistant first team coach to now head of youth. Though I have no designs on the CEO role permanently, it is a privilege and I will give it my best shot so that when a new CEO comes in there's not too much of a gap."

Chairman Jack Fulton believes Gill is the right man for this interim period: "I would like to thank Steve for stepping forward to the breach at short notice, albeit on a temporary basis. His dedication and devotion to the club is without question and I ask that the fans unite behind Steve and the club during this time."

Tom Walters
Marketing Assistant

Edited by Honor James, 21 February 2013 - 11:03 PM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,138 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

Castleford Tigers can confirm that head of youth development Steve Gill has been appointed chief executive on an interim basis following the resignation of Steve Ferres on Tuesday.

Gill, 53, a former assistant coach of the first team under Dave Woods, has been head of the club's youth development department since 2008, a period in the club's history in which a host of young players have emerged into Super League stars to the point that over half of the Tigers' current first team squad are home-grown talents developed from within the club.

On his appointment, Gill said:"Jack Fulton asked me if I would stand in as CEO for an interim period which could be 2-6 weeks depending on finding the right person. I have full support from Ian Millward (head coach), Richard Turner (general manager) and Nick Fozzard (commercial manager). I have also spoken to Steve Ferres and he has offered his support if required. There's a lot to do and I know I will be busy in the weeks to come.

"I've been a Cas fan all of my life from doing the scoreboard and ball boy duties as a youngster to being assistant first team coach to now head of youth. Though I have no designs on the CEO role permanently, it is a privilege and I will give it my best shot so that when a new CEO comes in there's not too much of a gap."

Chairman Jack Fulton believes Gill is the right man for this interim period: "I would like to thank Steve for stepping forward to the breach at short notice, albeit on a temporary basis. His dedication and devotion to the club is without question and I ask that the fans unite behind Steve and the club during this time."

Tom Walters
Marketing Assistant

This one looks like he's promised to do what he's told.

#3 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

Does being a ball boy and a scoreboard operator qualify him to be CEO?
People called Romans they go the house

#4 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,755 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Does being a ball boy and a scoreboard operator qualify him to be CEO?

I'm a great believer in management knowing how to do as many tasks as possible. It helps them understand the problems in fulfilling those tasks.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#5 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,941 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

To be honest, how many people can put their hands up for a 6 week (or so) CEO role?

It'll never be permanent so not too fussed about this appointment, Foz as commercial manager however.......
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users