Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Advantage Bulldogs?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

I wonder how significant it'll be that we get an extra 3 days recovery time in comparison to Halifax for next Thursday's game? We're usually on the wrong end of this sort of thing, so it'll be interesting to see if we get any benefit next week.

#2 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

I wonder how significant it'll be that we get an extra 3 days recovery time in comparison to Halifax for next Thursday's game? We're usually on the wrong end of this sort of thing, so it'll be interesting to see if we get any benefit next week.

Should be a slight advantage but Halifax will still provide a real yardstick of where we are as a team and it will be a tough game.I wouldnt dare predict the outcome of this one!
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

It is a simple fact that we need to take points from the top teams if we aim to finish in a top four spot. We always have the potential to slip up at a less fancied club as we did at York a couple of seasons ago so our home tie is a must win. Fortunatly our record against Fax is not bad so I will go Bulldogs 26 Fax 20

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#4 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hope Mr Kear does not go into the Halifax game with a small starting pack as at Barrow. Applegarth is not a prop .Rowe is a must to stert with Smith Fleming and Hirst from the bench. Davies ,Applegarth , and Ash are a formiddable and hard tacklin back three. I want more from Keegan he is a big unit. Also can we please complete some sets Sheffield and Barrow were awful . I want more also from Hemingway at seven. He must take the line on more. We have pace out wide lets see these wingers run. Well done to the team on their win at Barrow and going top of the league for a few days anyway. Stiff challenges are to come if we wish to remain there. Starting Thursday we must improve 50% on the Barrow display or we wont beat a strong and determined Halifax.

#5 NEW DOG

NEW DOG
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

There is potential after this game that the next 4 to 5 are very winnable games so the Fax game is massive. No point in beating Keighley, York etc....I think the boys confidence will be awesome if we can do the Fax next week. I'm gonna go 26-18 dogs!!! Fill the mount people!!!!

#6 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Same again Batley but minus the mistakes with ball in hand.
Think Halifax have more to be waryof than we have.

#7 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

A few Fax fans I know aren't particularly confident about Thursday. I think they might be right to lack confidence.

#8 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

Karl Harrison was pretty scathing of his players recent performances on Radio Leeds yesterday.

Might be a bit of trouble at'mill so might be a good time to play them.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#9 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

Never mind Halifax you will beat them alright but what about the local derby in a few weeks time , that is building up to be a cracker .

#10 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Worry about that when it comes round, just another derby match.

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship Club of the Year 2011"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users