TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Signs you are getting old

Own Up

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#81 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

People have been citing nasal hair and going bald. I used to have nasal hair, but recently my nostrils have gone bald.

Is that because of all of those scientific things you have been doing over these years?
In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#82 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Is that because of all of those scientific things you have been doing over these years?

Indeed I'm wondering if there is some sort of graphical demonstration of this phenomenon?

Edited by timtum, 23 February 2013 - 09:32 PM.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#83 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

I get that call from my brother every year, and I tell him it must have been delayed in the post, because he is too tight to actually send me one, even last year for my 50th.
Thats what comes from being related to a Salford fan. Miserable Fckr

Mine arrived in the post today, just after I'd gone out. I was just clueless, which I'm putting down to age... at 36. :D

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#84 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

"When it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night" and you know the song with those lyrics.

Your the oldest swinger in town

#85 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Getting a call from your sister to wish you "happy birthday", being asked if you got your card and not having a clue despite it only being a couple of hours since you opened the half dozen you'd recieved.

6 cards you are popular

#86 MikeW

MikeW
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

Whilst working, I regularly walk to my van and wonder what it is I want out of it by the time I get there.

And I haven't reached 50 yet. :(

I've been doing that since my teens. I think it's something to do with altitude, as it generally occurs between the bottom and top of the stairs.

#87 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

Watching the Brit awards the other night and *genuinely* not knowing who almost all of them were. Not bothered mind but it used to be the case that I'd at least heard of popular acts.

I was at the Brits and I was delighted when one of my work colleagues wanted to go home at 11.30 - I was a gent and made sure she got home safely rather than head to the jam-packed after show party.
Im definitely getting old.

#88 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Sign #2, when you are in the chemists and those daily tablet boxes look appealing
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#89 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

they really work, too! :o

#90 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

When filling in your date of birth on a website and you have to scroll for some time through the drop down box before you reach the correct year.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#91 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

The primary school I attended was replaced a few years ago, the replacement was shut last year for another replacement. Now that makes me feel old...

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#92 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

Looking through my vinyl collection and coming to the realisation that I bought some of them 36 years ago.

#93 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,148 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

Seeing a tweet from Josh Charnley this morning wishing his dad happy birthday and noticing that his dad is actually younger than me. :(
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#94 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

The primary school I attended was replaced a few years ago, the replacement was shut last year for another replacement. Now that makes me feel old...

my secondary school was relaxed about 5 years ago- maybe more (Buil Hill HS) & my Primary was demolished about 3 years ago (Seedley) after over 100 years of serving the educational needs of Salford.

Everything I grew up with in Salford has gone, schools, swimming baths where I learned to swim, the pub where I first drank (The Royal aka The Widows at the top of Cemetry Rd) & the Willows where I saw my first game of RL
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#95 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Not Frederick Road Baths, or Swinton Baths by any chance?

Edited by JohnM, 26 February 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#96 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

The primary school I attended was demolished,and an o.a.p's home built on the site.So I may well end up back there.

#97 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Not Frederick Road Baths, or Swinton Baths by any chance?

Both better than Blackfriars pool. It was used as a threat when I was learing to swim, pass your length or race the roaches at Blackfriars.

#98 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Looking through my vinyl collection and coming to the realisation that I bought some of them 36 years ago.

Most of mine are over 40 years old. One is so old, it isn't even in stereo! Sgt.Pepper's, from '68, was available in stereo before anyone complains, but it was also sold in a mono version and I only had a mono player and thought the stereo version wouldn't work properly :( .

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#99 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

If you remember when Pet Shop Boys - It's a Sin was number one, that was when I was born.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#100 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,148 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

If you remember when Pet Shop Boys - It's a Sin was number one, that was when I was born.

Like it was yesterday. In fact, and this is a true indication of ageing, probably better than I can remember what happened yesterday. :(

You are very, very young.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users