Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Club Challenge

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 kiwityke

kiwityke
  • Coach
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Is it on TV that I can get?

#2 kiwityke

kiwityke
  • Coach
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

#3 kiwityke

kiwityke
  • Coach
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

#4 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

WOW ! And you asked three times ?
I hope you got to watch it KiwiTyke !
Maori TV showed it LIVE - Don't know about replays later in the day though ?

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite

and furthermore always carry a small snake - W C Fields

#5 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,566 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

Leeds had their chances last night in front of a full house of fans. Two or three Leeds dropped passes and fumbled slipped passes were the difference though as Storm finally took the spoils in this tight game at Headingley.
Leeds will probably look back at this and think it was the one that got away.
Storm made and took their chances in bursts especially at the beginning of both halves. Leeds match fitness showed as the game went on. All the same Storm's defence held out against the Rhinos onslaught.
It was Storm then the stepped forward to receive the Probiz WCC trophy on a bitterly cold night in Leeds.

Jesse Bromwich will probably think back to that try of his for many a year.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#6 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,566 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Posted Image

Well done Storm
World Club Challenge Winners 2013

Just read Leeds own reflections on their performance.
I think they are being hard on themselves, as they were there or there abouts and could have won the game.

#7 STORM2007

STORM2007
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hi everyone it has been awhile. Great to see the lads become World Champions again. I thought we were extremely unlucky with some decisions that didn't go our way but thankfully we got over the line. Tohu Harris's try was sensational and what a debut for the young fella.

#8 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

Yeah,a good game and good reffing apart from the usual missed forward passes. That one that led to the second half Leeds try was miles forward,though of course,Stevo and French tried to make out that it wasn`t. Jesse Bromwich is certainly turning out to be a top player,though we`ll see what he`s like in seven months time at the end of the season.

#9 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

In the cold light of Sunday
Leeds - Three game into their 2013 season at their home ground
Melbourne - Realistically playing their first full first grade game,(a serious trial game) in arctic conditions halfway round the planet.
After mindless comments from Heave ho n Heavy on Sky such as 'Melbourne will never have come across anyone like Burrows'
I have no sympathy for the loss suffered by Leeds.
People who've watched Melbourne know the deal with the team.
No matter where or when - You do what your job is on the day - No More or Less is expected.

To Jess - Mahe - Tohu - Well Done !

Can't wait for the rest of the production line to get their shot B)

#10 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,566 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

In the cold light of Sunday
Leeds - Three game into their 2013 season at their home ground
Melbourne - Realistically playing their first full first grade game,(a serious trial game) in arctic conditions halfway round the planet.
After mindless comments from Heave ho n Heavy on Sky such as 'Melbourne will never have come across anyone like Burrows'
I have no sympathy for the loss suffered by Leeds.
People who've watched Melbourne know the deal with the team.
No matter where or when - You do what your job is on the day - No More or Less is expected.

To Jess - Mahe - Tohu - Well Done !

Can't wait for the rest of the production line to get their shot B)

When I watched the recording I thought they weren't as bad as I remembered. Still we were having a drink and a good chat at the time and mostly ignored them. :D

Edited by G Las D, 24 February 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#11 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Loved Stevo's comment that the cold weather wouldn't affect the Melbourne players because it regularly gets as cold as that in Victoria!!! Never been to Melbourne, but I some how doubt it does, and it also overlooks the fact that Melbourne came over here straight from the middle of an Aussie summer. And then in last nights game at Salford, Stevo started on about how cold it was!!!

Cracking game though, and good to see the Storm overcome all the odds to win the match.

#12 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,566 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Temperatures have been in the high 30's and even into the 40's in Melbourne over the summer. Last time I looked it was hotter in Melbourne than Sydney. Still who's to argue with Stevo?

#13 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

Seems to have been a high number of 'positive' media reports about before - during - after the WCC game for both sides,so I guess now it's up to the ARLC to take action on the proposed expanded WCC plan :wacko:

#14 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,566 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

In the first instance I'd prefer to see just the present NRL Premiers v SL Champions played once down under - preferably regularly and logically in alternate years.
Ideas being floated here by Leeds folk - Gary Hetherington and players are mooting an expanded comp involving more teams. I'd hang fire on that. Lets' just see the ARLC take up the gauntlet and arrange the hosting of the single game at least once in the very near future.
Why not play the game straight after SL and NRL finish rather than a curtain raiser/early season event? That way both teams would be up to speed and have their league-winning players available.

#15 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Why not play the game straight after SL and NRL finish rather than a curtain raiser/early season event? That way both teams would be up to speed and have their league-winning players available.

Totally agree, it can be played in whichever country is hosting that years internationals so it wouldnt affect those games either. Would be much better and I think would create a bigger event.

#16 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

Hmm ? Recent secret whispers seem to be - IF Melbourne are premiers in 2013 & want to stage the WCC 'In Melbourne'
Then the TOTAL expense of staging & bringing the SL champs here would have to be worn by - Melbourne.

I'll wait for the 'official' ARLC outlook - but I won't hold my breathe waiting :angry:

#17 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,077 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

well over 200 photos from the game on my website Richard http://www.gcsportsphotos.co.uk

Edited by Gary Coyle, 02 March 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#18 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

And Cooper Cronk is putting a 'time to get serious' stamp on the season opener

Posted Image

#19 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,566 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

That's the thing with Storm - a culture of onwards and upwards.
I notice in Big League Season Preview a lot of the media (Sydney based?) are backing other clubs to be Premiers in 2013. Rabbitohs seem to be getting most of their votes.
OK Storm are in their top groups but they seem to think Storm can't retain their title.
Thank goodness the season is starting this week!

#20 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

Yes the Sth Sydney Storm Rabbitohs do look good.Roll on the next 5 rounds B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users