Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Eddie Hemmings

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,410 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Stevo played and coached at the highest level. Make of that what you will.

He did- in the 1970s! Gould has been involved at NSW as well as NRL Clubs in the past 10 years. He also is involved at Penrith right now though not in a coaching role as such. Massive difference for me. I also feel Stevo is set up as somebody to be loud and bold instead of trying to just call the game.

#42 Garvers

Garvers
  • Coach
  • 484 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

My dead gran's forgotten more about rugby league than Eddie & Stevo know combined. As broadcasters, they're a total joke.

#43 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Few players on twitter getting into Eddie and Stevo about the poor commentary in the Salford v HKR game

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#44 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

Few players on twitter getting into Eddie and Stevo about the poor commentary in the Salford v HKR game

It's not even commentary any more, Eddie has become beyond embarrassing

#45 Cake Tiger

Cake Tiger
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

It's interesting that Andrew Voss hasn't yet got a regular commentary job for the NRL this year. He did the Warriors v Broncos pre-season game on Saturday for Sky NZ but his Twitter feed shows that he doesn't know whether he'll be commentating every week.

He irritates some people but I still think he's probably the best of the Aussie commentators.

I know Eddie and Stevo are part of Sky's RL heritage but I don't think it would do the sport any harm to have a different voice now and then. If they only covered one of the two Sky games a week, people might find them less annoying.

#46 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

I think that's a really good point and hadn't considered it. Why not mix it up a bit to keep it fresh? After this weekend's games I've had a bellyfull of Dumb and Dumber. Let's have a different perspective and not the usual 'utilise the dummy runner' mantra.... But it doesn't need to be a wholesale clear out.

#47 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

They need fresh meat. Who commentates on the Championship games for premier sports? .

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#48 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

E & S have started to believe they are Eric & Ernie, they think they are a good comedy act, they aren't and they need to be reminded that they are sports commentators and if they want to do comedy go to Dave for a contract.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#49 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

my suggestion get rid of them both and employ claire balding with brian carney and phil clarke, claire could make tiddlywinks sound good and carney has an infectious ehthusiasm coupled with phil clarkes knowledge and hey presto a good set up................
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#50 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Get that fella who got all giddy at Team GB in the Olympic cycling! I liked his enthusiasm.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#51 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

It's interesting that Andrew Voss hasn't yet got a regular commentary job for the NRL this year. He did the Warriors v Broncos pre-season game on Saturday for Sky NZ but his Twitter feed shows that he doesn't know whether he'll be commentating every week.

He irritates some people but I still think he's probably the best of the Aussie commentators.

I know Eddie and Stevo are part of Sky's RL heritage but I don't think it would do the sport any harm to have a different voice now and then. If they only covered one of the two Sky games a week, people might find them less annoying.

I wouldn't like an Australian.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#52 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

The amount of times he asks the others what the rules are,is quite extradinary.How can you possibly be a professional commentator,without knowing the current rules - truely unbelievable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users