Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Would be great if Salford tried to bring Kyle Eastmond back to league

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 900 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Kyle Eastmond would be a perfect fit for an up and coming cashed up Salford, he's a young talented half back who had bags of potential. He has box office capabilities which would signal strong intent for bringing in top players and sponsors.

He 's a local lad (yes i would classify oldham as local) and it would be great to see him back in the superior code where he has a great chance of fulfilling his potential, i cant see him doing that in union tbh.

#2 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

Kyle Eastmond would be a perfect fit for an up and coming cashed up Salford, he's a young talented half back who had bags of potential. He has box office capabilities which would signal strong intent for bringing in top players and sponsors.

He 's a local lad (yes i would classify oldham as local) and it would be great to see him back in the superior code where he has a great chance of fulfilling his potential, i cant see him doing that in union tbh.

Eastmond, injuries permitting, has a good chance of being picked to tour Argentina with the England team at the end of his first full season in rugby union. He is currently playing in the centres for Bath and appears to be flourishing. Joel Tomkins has already had a call-up for the 6 Nations.

I too think that rugby league is the sport which would allow a fuller development of their respective skills - but I can see no chance of either ever returning to rugby league.

Edited by trakl, 23 February 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#3 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,490 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

I reckon he'll be on £100000 at Bath, plus presumably a continuing contract. That's a lot of contract to buy out.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#4 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 900 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

I reckon he'll be on £100000 at Bath, plus presumably a continuing contract. That's a lot of contract to buy out.

Salford are rich now so no worries.

#5 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 432 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

£150k so I understand. He was a lazy so and so in his final year at saints, scared to touch the ball in case he got injured for his rah rah contract. Good riddance, he be good in union making one appearance every two weeks and two tackles every year.

Salford need to set up new junior clubs, it's a massive year who need more sport in the community other than football.

#6 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

£150k so I understand. He was a lazy so and so in his final year at saints, scared to touch the ball in case he got injured for his rah rah contract. Good riddance, he be good in union making one appearance every two weeks and two tackles every year.

I was reading the preview to the England v France six nations game this morning. The centrepiece was a statistical breakdown 'head to head' featuring the two "blockbusting centres" Tuilagi and Basteraud. According to the stats the duo had collectively beaten 19 defenders and made six clean breaks in 29 test appearances. Kinda puts things into perspective.

Salford need to set up new junior clubs, it's a massive year who need more sport in the community other than football.

This is absolutely key IMO and has been a priority since the local amateur scene first started dwindling 20 years ago. There need to be thriving junior clubs in every corner of the city, with the aim of spreading the tentacles into Bury, Manchester etc and, ideally, Oldham.

#7 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,646 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

I'm still not convinced Salford are cash rich and some of the recent approaches strike me as publicity seeking. As for Eastmond I don't see why Salford should buy out the contract of a player who is still unproven as an RL player and I would also question his character, for me he isn't a player to build a team around.

Edited by Red Willow, 23 February 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#8 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

Seconded
I think the key here is 'if he avoids injury'

#9 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

How has this ended up buried in the cross code forum?

These moderators really do like wielding a bit of power, don't they!

#10 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Once a player moves to the dark side they should never be allowed to return to our great game as a punisment for leaving TGG ;)

#11 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Once a player moves to the dark side they should never be allowed to return to our great game as a punisment for leaving TGG ;)

Thank you, Dudley Wood. ;)

Edited by Futtocks, 26 February 2013 - 03:48 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users