Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Coyle starts

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Interesting bit on the news and star website, with Charlo talking about Coyle. Hopefully we get out of him what Charlo expects and he can do a good job for us. Good to see Mossop back too, will that mean Hulme back on the wing?
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

What's that mean for Forber ... Or is Lupton shifted ? Good if we could have the full team rather than bits n bobs.

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

i think lupton maybe at loose. i hope im wrong but i havent seen anything from coyle that would suggest hes the creative player we need
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Aye that'll be a miraculously fast working fitness regime . This is a situation that was obvious for months but wasn't remedied . Now we're just shuffling deck chairs . Forber and Coyle together ... I would've liked to see us perservere with Gore and get him in the thick of it to get a real look at him at 7. At least he looked like he possessed some zip and line threat given the chance.

Edited by DavidM, 23 February 2013 - 01:09 PM.

#5 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Aye that'll be a miraculously fast working fitness regime . This is a situation that was obvious for months but wasn't remedied . Now we're just shuffling deck chairs . Forber and Coyle together ... I would've liked to see us perservere with Gore and get him in the thick of it to get a real look at him at 7. At least he looked like he possessed some zip and line threat given the chance.

some of his passing last week left a lot to be desired, even for your try in the corner the ball which was passed to Carter before he gave it to Patrick was round his ankles and he did very well to pick it up at speed.

#6 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Gore has been out along time with injury and if you persevere with him you will see has some talent.Declan is better at centre than on the wing.

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

This is only our 4th game of the season and halback partnerships take time to develop. Coyle has looked as if he wasn't fit but hopefully as he is starting tomorrow it might perk him up a bit. I say let's see how we get on tomorrow before we start wanting heads to roll. Come on Town.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 Townvic

Townvic
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Disappointed that I can't go tomorrow but my guess at team, for what it's worth...

Carter
Hume
Morris
Mossop
Calderwood
Forbes
Dowes
Phillips
Walne
Phillips
Stack
Lupton

Thacks
Acton
Coward
Olstrum
STILL Keeping the Faith in more ways than one...though others may fall away.... Oh yes I am

Posted Image

#9 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Disappointed that I can't go tomorrow but my guess at team, for what it's worth...

Carter
Hume
Morris
Mossop
Calderwood
Forbes
Dowes
Phillips
Walne
Phillips
Stack
Lupton

Thacks
Acton
Coward
Olstrum

I know we are good vic but suggest we start with 13 :)

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Plenty of grunt there but where's the craft , especially off the bench where so many games are decided ? Packs are gonna largely match each other.

#11 Townvic

Townvic
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Oops...

I know we are good vic but suggest we start with 13 :)

Carter
Hulme
Morris
Mossop
Calderwood
Coyle
Forber
Dowes
Phillips
Walne
Phillips
Stack
Lupton

Thacks
Acton
Coward
Olstrum

STILL Keeping the Faith in more ways than one...though others may fall away.... Oh yes I am

Posted Image

#12 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Coyle has to perform tommorow if we are to get anything. We must improve at 6,7 and 9 in attack

#13 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

Is Lupton definitely playing ?

#14 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

Our kicking game has been very poor so far, and coyle supposedly was excellent kicking from hand for his previous teams. Hopefully his fitness is better and he can give us a decent kicking game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users