the clock on sky games

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,842 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

For me the suspense is ruined by the players running onto the field knowing what team they play for. Make them draw lots each week to determine what team they play for I say.

That sounds like something DeadShotKeen would actually advocate.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#42 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

That sounds like something DeadShotKeen would actually advocate.

Posted Image

Cummins Out.

#43 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,360 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Surely the fans cant be left out of this? A phone call could be given to all fans on the day of the match and then told what team you are supporting that day.

#44 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

For me the suspense is ruined by knowing the fixtures in advance.

If the players were blindfolded, driven around in a coach for a bit with no idea who they were playing or where, it would make RL a lot more exciting for me.

In fact, the suspense is ruined by knowing who's in Super League (or indeed any other league). Imagine how much excitement that would create, knowing who'd got the licenses for the first time when the players run onto the field.

It'd be better if we didn't know what they were running out onto, swimming pool, carpet of baby vomit, Oscar Pistorius' bathroom.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#45 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

The clock should be a calendar, flitting around between years like in Back to the Future, and the players play the game according to what year it says.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#46 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

As an aside. I thought in the Wide to West the hooter has already gone and the ball was being chucked about in full knowledge the next tackle would have halted play.

Just to be clear, it was. But the final play the ball was urgently made by Sculthorpe at 79:58 on the clock. Had it not been visible, and the fans counting down the final ten seconds, then with a normal effort the hooter would have sounded before it could have been put back in play.

#47 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

alright perhaps the clock is a good idea. :wacko:

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.